PDA

View Full Version : We Shall Remember Them

mitherzundhand
02-08-2014, 09:22 AM
http://i61.tinypic.com/5f27if.png

Please help us commemorate the centenary of the First World War by joining us for LIGHTS OUT on Monday 4th August.

LIGHTS OUT is an invitation to everyone to turn off their lights from 10pm to 11pm on Monday 4th August, leaving on a single light or candle for a shared moment of reflection. LIGHTS OUT will be one of the largest mass participation events of its kind ever seen in the UK, and will complement a candlelit service held at Westminster Abbey.

Inspired by the famous words of wartime Foreign Secretary Sir Edward Grey A“The lamps are going out all over Europe; we shall not see them lit again in our life-time.A” the hope is that LIGHTS OUT will see one million candles lit at war memorials, community centres and homes in every village, town and city throughout the UK to remember each and every one of those Service men and women who gave their lives during the First World War.

TO TAKE PART IN LIGHTS OUT

You can be part of this histori

Tain_Ted
02-08-2014, 02:43 PM
Great cause - let's remember them

Lisbon_Lions_CSC
02-08-2014, 04:40 PM
Remember who ? Sorry I have a bad memory for remembering these things.

Billy2Rivers
02-08-2014, 05:28 PM

It doesent concern you and your kind.

judgedu
02-08-2014, 05:30 PM
Well said Billy.;D

Lisbon_Lions_CSC
02-08-2014, 05:39 PM

It doesent concern you and your kind.[/quote]

Whats "my kind" ?

Sir_Walter_Timslayer
03-08-2014, 10:21 AM
The Timslayer Estate will be in full support.

It seems to be getting to the yahoos already which makes it doubly worthwhile.

Nevermore666
03-08-2014, 10:23 AM

Whats "my kind" ?[/quote]

Scum?

budgeover
03-08-2014, 10:24 AM
Excellent B)

Poguemahone
03-08-2014, 10:46 AM
I always pay ma respects to the fallen of WW1 and had family that died in that awful war.

Sad, sad c**** that try to point score on such sombre occasions.

judgedu
03-08-2014, 11:21 AM
[quote="mitherzundhand"]http://i61.tinypic.com/5f27if.png

Please help us commemorate the centenary of the First World War by joining us for LIGHTS OUT on Monday 4th August.

LIGHTS OUT is an invitation to everyone to turn off their lights from 10pm to 11pm on Monday 4th August, leaving on a single light or candle for a shared moment of reflection. LIGHTS OUT will be one of the largest mass participation events of its kind ever seen in the UK, and will complement a candlelit service held at Westminster Abbey.

Inspired by the famous words of wartime Foreign Secretary Sir Edward Grey A“The lamps are going out all over Europe; we shall not see them lit again in our life-time.A” the hope is that LIGHTS OUT will see one million candles lit at war memorials, community centres and homes in every village, town and city throughout the UK to remember each and every one of those Service men and women who gave their lives during the First World War.

TO TAKE

budgeover
03-08-2014, 11:25 AM
Text done B)

HB
03-08-2014, 11:39 AM

Whats "my kind" ?[/quote]

complete w@nkers I imagine.

Lisbon_Lions_CSC
03-08-2014, 11:58 AM
Just spent the last few hours logging details of a lot of my relatives who fought in the First World War, including a distant cousin who died in South Africa while he was travelling from New Zealand tae Plymouth as a Private in the 19th Auckland Battalion.

I dont need tae trumpet all this stuff, I dont shove Poppy scarves in peoples faces, I dont demand how others should remember the fallen of wars, thats how it should be, The only **** are Rangers fans who are abusing the whole subject and desecrating the memory of such a tragic part of world history. - view external link (livesofthefirstworldwar.org/dashboard)

noahrab
03-08-2014, 12:00 PM
Just spent the last few hours logging details of a lot of my relatives who fought in the First World War, including a distant cousin who died in South Africa while he was travelling from New Zealand tae Plymouth as a Private in the 19th Auckland Battalion.

I dont need tae trumpet all this stuff, I dont shove Poppy scarves in peoples faces, I dont demand how others should remember the fallen of wars, thats how it should be, The only **** are Rangers fans who are abusing the whole subject and desecrating the memory of such a tragic part of world history.

They use wars and death to score petty points.

ZombieSkelper
03-08-2014, 12:04 PM
The Timslayer Estate will be in full support.

It seems to be getting to the yahoos already which makes it doubly worthwhile.

Good to see you're doing this wee thing for the right reasons and not using the war dead for stupid point scoring nonsense :/

HB
03-08-2014, 12:30 PM

I dont need tae trumpet all this stuff, I dont shove Poppy scarves in peoples faces, I dont demand how others should remember the fallen of wars, thats how it should be, The only **** are Rangers fans who are abusing the whole subject and desecrating the memory of such a tragic part of world history.

I dont buy poppies either nor will i buy a candle. But I will never have the need to say 'remember who'.

HB
03-08-2014, 12:31 PM

They use wars and death to score petty points.[/quote]

Both sides do unfortunately.

The older I get the more pathetic it looks.

mitherzundhand
03-08-2014, 12:33 PM
The tims are spewin on this one.

Remember they were the ones who brought politics into the arena. Started disrespecting minutes silences, abusing army guys selling poppies. And not to mention the songs about their own army 'heroes' both dead and alive. Now they're getting all high and mighty on us. :/

HB
03-08-2014, 12:35 PM

Remember they were the ones who brought politics into the arena. Started disrespecting minutes silences, abusing army guys selling poppies. And not to mention the songs about their own army 'heroes' both dead and alive. Now they're getting all high and mighty on us. :/

ffs look at yourself and what youre doing, you total d1ck.

ZombieSkelper
03-08-2014, 12:36 PM

More point scoring, you couldn't give a phuck about the people who died in wars so don't give us yer pish.

Lisbon_Lions_CSC
03-08-2014, 12:37 PM
I dont buy poppies either nor will i buy a candle. But I will never have the need to say 'remember who'.

It was a comment designed tae ensare the kind of ill informed and bigoted replies from Rangers fans, that we see here. I have reams of paper, documents and photos and I have lots of stories gathered through years of research intae the subject of my family and their experiences in the First World War. I have a family member so crippled by shell shock, he was sent tae Murthly Hospital in Perth and was labelled "suicidal", another recieved Gun Shot Wounds, another was Gassed and ended up returning tae the war just before it ended. I need nae lessons from Johny Come Lately ex****s on how tae remember the Great War. I have been researching it for about 20 years while they only started when they saw some Celtic fans opposition tae having Poppies on the clubs shirt. My motivation was education, theirs was hatred.

Mickybhoy
03-08-2014, 12:37 PM

FFS :D :D :D

mitherzundhand
04-08-2014, 07:15 PM
Unashamed bump.

I'll take no lectures from anyone about points scoring - I simply reproduced publicity material without and additions.

This is a Scotland / UK / Europe / World event today. Decent people the world over will be taking part. We will be remembering ALL war dead, not just our families or even just our own countrymen.

I'll certainly be taking part - it's up to everyone else if they want to or not.

Markovitch
04-08-2014, 07:22 PM
Ma gran lost 4 brothers in that war, show a wee bit of respect son

Lisbon_Lions_CSC
04-08-2014, 08:13 PM
Ma gran lost 4 brothers in that war, show a wee bit of respect son[/quote]

Go f0ck yerself and dont call me son, am not related tae a fockin idiot like you. See previous posts about my family and dont go jumping in ya d1ck.

Nevermore666
04-08-2014, 08:21 PM
Ma gran lost 4 brothers in that war, show a wee bit of respect son[/quote]

He's a ****ing scum bag Marko. Don't waste your breath on his type.

PROUD TO BE BRITISH

GOD SAVE THE QUEEN

CELTIC 4-1 DOWN HA HA HA ha ha ha

Lisbon_Lions_CSC
04-08-2014, 08:26 PM
He's a ****ing scum bag Marko. Don't waste your breath on his type.

PROUD TO BE BRITISH

GOD SAVE THE QUEEN

CELTIC 4-1 DOWN HA HA HA ha ha ha

Im a sc,umbag because that clown is here bragging about his family getting killed in the Great War ? Bet he is another one that only discovered this piece of history since Celtic fans decided tae oppose a poppy on the shirt. Am taking nae lectures fae these types, I have been carrying around a lot of this stuff for far longer than the Poppy Loyal.

Dirty_Dingus_Magee
04-08-2014, 08:33 PM
FFS absolute car crash of a thread with tasteless contributions from either side of the OF.

Lisbon_Lions_CSC
04-08-2014, 08:39 PM
FFS absolute car crash of a thread with tasteless contributions from either side of the OF.

For years I have been getting on quietly with researching a lot of family stuff which has taken me down some dark roads, particularly as regards the Great War. I used tae be able tae respectively turn my mind when I felt like it tae remembering what I want and when I wanted, but these days, theres all the finger pointing, all the accusations andcalling if ye dont shout it fae the rooftops bedecked in Poppies, that they yer remembering. I find it all utterly appalling and its all because Rangers fans are using the subject for their own gain, the club is also making money out of it...vermin.

Dirty_Dingus_Magee
04-08-2014, 08:40 PM

For years I have been getting on quietly with researching a lot of family stuff which has taken me down some dark roads, particularly as regards the Great War. I used tae be able tae respectively turn my mind when I felt like it tae remembering what I want and when I wanted, but these days, theres all the finger pointing, all the accusations andcalling if ye dont shout it fae the rooftops bedecked in Poppies, that they yer remembering. I find it all utterly appalling and its all because Rangers fans are using the subject for their own gain, the club is also making money out of it...vermin.[/quote]

If that's what it's like doon there then I'm glad I'm away from it, it's pathetic.