PDA

View Full Version : Lets hear it

IronworksFC
03-08-2014, 09:41 PM
I haven't posted on here for a while, as I am fed up with saying the same thing over and over, time and time again. I would like to start a new thread so we can hear the thoughts from anyone who is pro fat head. I ask that there are no negative argumentative responses at ALL!!, to save this turning into the same as every other thread that is on here.

So, please, can we hear the reasons why he should stay as manager for the next season. When we have a list, I will start a new thread to 'discuss' what we have been presented.

Starting to think that there maybe some tumble weed with this one, but lets see eh?

castiron
03-08-2014, 09:57 PM
I haven't posted on here for a while, as I am fed up with saying the same thing over and over, time and time again. I would like to start a new thread so we can hear the thoughts from anyone who is pro fat head. I ask that there are no negative argumentative responses at ALL!!, to save this turning into the same as every other thread that is on here.

So, please, can we hear the reasons why he should stay as manager for the next season. When we have a list, I will start a new thread to 'discuss' what we have been presented.

Starting to think that there maybe some tumble weed with this one, but lets see eh?
The only positive I could muster, would be that I don't think we would go down. Although we would probably deserve to.

IronworksFC
03-08-2014, 09:59 PM
Thanks CI, first reply in. How many more to come?

USAFORWHUFC
03-08-2014, 10:04 PM
No,No,No,No,No, I will not.

IronworksFC
03-08-2014, 10:14 PM
No,No,No,No,No, I will not.

I take it you are not pro fat head then? leave the anger to then following thread please USA

palerider
04-08-2014, 05:10 AM
He's a large pile of sh1t so it will keep the flies away from your hot-dogs.

Whiskyman
04-08-2014, 05:53 AM
I suppose I could be called pro SA during his first 2 seasons. I would imagine I wasn't alone in this and I can't speak for anyone else but here's my take.

Firstly SA would never have been on any list to manage West Ham if I owned the club. But I don't, he was appointed and, as we all expected, the football was dire but, as we all hoped, the objective,promotion, was achieved.

The second year we had a decent season results wise and there were a few games where the quality wasn't too shabby. I'd say in most people's eyes we probably felt we had over achieved, so job jobbed, as they say.

This is where my naivety took over. I thought (hoped) once we had consolidated our position we might see a change of style. Not overnight, but gradual, into a more pleasing on the eye spectacle. Instead we signed Andy Carroll which, in my book, meant we were going to become even more of a route one outfit. And, of course, we failed to address the glaring deficiencies of a lack of pace or creative skill

Hammer4life
04-08-2014, 06:16 AM
The positive is that he is able to find a way of making us the fourth worst team. His "skill" is that he can always produce a team that scrapes in to survival. Wether or not the 13th best paid manager in the world should be able to get away with that is another question?

jon15u
04-08-2014, 06:34 AM
Im about the same as Whiskey, saw him as a necessary evil in the beginning, and willing to hope for the best, now how optimistic was that?!

As for him keeping us up though, last season i think Lady luck had a good deal of influence on that. So i guess the positive is he has his hand well and truly up Lady Lucks skirt.

weybridgehammers
04-08-2014, 06:35 AM
we look **** hot at taking penalty's,

bonzosbest74
04-08-2014, 06:48 AM
I believe the team spirit is good, it's probably a result of the large number of British players but Sam deserves some credit.

That's all you're getting XD

PDGPaul
04-08-2014, 09:00 AM
Can I ask a friend?

dagger
04-08-2014, 10:17 AM
not a BFS fan but have seen us have good pre seasons and then follow with the drop seen us have rubbish pre seaons and come flying out the block and seen everyother permitation.

the nail in his coffin is well past claw hammer help and also dont need anymore knocking in to be honest

anything good i can say about him...at the moment no

hope i can say something other than jog on after the first 5 games of the season but im not holding my breath

WHU f uck the rest

diamondhammer
04-08-2014, 10:42 AM
Tend to agree with castiron also, unfortunately I couldn't watch last seasons shocking performances all over again this season, just too painful.
Ignore pre-season results and performances, I am hopeful as always that things are about to change. I think he'll get 5 games, and if the football is dire and the results are poor he will be history.

dodgymike
04-08-2014, 12:01 PM
Why he should “stay” as manager?
Ever since he was appointed (and I never ever wanted him in the first place), I have been uneasy about him leaving. Why do teams he has managed get relegated?
Just my opinion and I have nothing to back it up, but is it because he sets not only the team, but also the club to react only to him. He has now been here long enough for it to be “his “ team and “his” backroom staff.
The odds on him leaving would suggest we would get relegated, would the board have reflected on that as a problem which is why he is still here?
So, why should he stay, not because he will keep us up, as could countless other managers once they had sorted out the confusion, but there would be a good chance of relegation.
Having ascertained the situation, I think I would sooner see us playing good football in the second tier!
All just my opinion.

JimmyV66
04-08-2014, 12:32 PM
Back to your original point. I doubt if any West Ham fans are currently pro Allardyce.

Over at KUMB there is not only a handful of Pro Allardyce fans but some who actually say they believe he should get a contract extension and hope he is the guy leading us into the Olympic Stadium for many years to come.

Then again these same idiots also claimed we have played well in all of our last 4 pre-season games and also claim that Allardyce has made us a very good away team in the prem.

They have based all this on those 3 good seasons Mr Allardyce had with Bolton when they finished top 8. They seem to forget how long ago that was, how much football has moved on from then and just how dull Bolton were to watch regardless of those 3 top 8 finishes.

They also base it on the fact that Mr Allardyce does not get teams relegated, as if that is the be all and end all of following West Ham United.

XD

punkrockhammer
04-08-2014, 12:54 PM
Back to your original point. I doubt if any West Ham fans are currently pro Allardyce.

Over at KUMB there is not only a handful of Pro Allardyce fans but some who actually say they believe he should get a contract extension and hope he is the guy leading us into the Olympic Stadium for many years to come.

Then again these same idiots also claimed we have played well in all of our last 4 pre-season games and also claim that Allardyce has made us a very good away team in the prem.

They have based all this on those 3 good seasons Mr Allardyce had with Bolton when they finished top 8. They seem to forget how long ago that was, how much football has moved on from then and just how dull Bolton were to watch regardless of those 3 top 8 finishes.

They also base it on the fact that Mr Allardyce does not get teams relegated, as if that is the be all and end all of following West Ham Unite

JimmyV66
04-08-2014, 01:01 PM
I know exactly who you are refering to Punkrock. Have you noticed how many times him and the other pro Sam's get asked genuine questions regarding our manager they fail to answer and instead just act as they are better fans because they back him.

There is one member on there btw (one of the mods) who is not only very pro Allardyce but likes to rip into all those who want him out.

Well i have sat near him at more than a few games and trust me at the games he is as Anti Sam as anyone else. He also has no problem jeering, swearing at players and the manager and booing.

Always have a have a chuckle when i read his posts digging out others that do that. XD

punkrockhammer
04-08-2014, 01:07 PM
Yeah, awkward questions never get answered properly by the pro fatty lot, it just decends into calling and one up manship

There was a beauty yesterday about how he goes to games and was hit by a retort from the guy he was digging out saying that he was actually at Schalke for the weekend XD

Tbh the only reason I look in over there is because more people post

JimmyV66
04-08-2014, 01:11 PM
"tbh the only reason I look in over there is because more people post"

Kind of the same, i know a few of the posters there, ethier via season ticket holders or friends. Plus it does have the best ITK info.

Never joined though, not a fan of the layout or how the mods run things.

punkrockhammer
04-08-2014, 02:20 PM
I'm the same as you

Not signed up, but seems to be quite a lot of good ITK stuff, especially from Thor

Called out Carroll days before the media

WHU
04-08-2014, 02:57 PM
nothing pro whatsoever

some people think to question anything, about manager, board, player, tactics, any-fu(king-thing ... is disloyal

pretty weird

to sit back and take absolutely anything without a whimper, i see as disloyal

aim low, get low

TOWIE
04-08-2014, 07:26 PM
There is only one positive comment I can make and that is he has brought us stability, which was something we desperatly needed.

What I don't get is people slagging him that he only signs big blokes or big Africans etc.
I just wish people would stick to facts and not make things up to justify their arguments.

Taki
04-08-2014, 07:45 PM
If the primary goal for the season is to stay in the PL, FS is a safe bet.
If the clubs owners think we've progressed beyond survival -- and I'm not necessarily convinced we have -- and want entertaining football and a top half finish then FS isn't the man for the job.
Asking Allardyce to change his MO is a mistake. The board should either back the way he does things or change the manager. Much as I dislike FS' style I think it's the board at fault here.

Whiskyman
04-08-2014, 08:36 PM
Asking Allardyce to change his MO is a mistake. The board should either back the way he does things or change the manager. Much as I dislike FS' style I think it's the board at fault here.

Good point. You don't buy a pot of red paint if your want the door painted blue.

herbiehammer
04-08-2014, 08:43 PM

Good point. You don't buy a pot of red paint if your want the door painted blue.[/quote]
I shall be using that Whiskers :star:

dagger
04-08-2014, 08:46 PM

Good point. You don't buy a pot of red paint if your want the door painted blue.[/quote]

Could you use it as a bad undercoat like our board is using BFS as a manager

FLAIRON
05-08-2014, 09:43 AM
Love him or hate him Big Sam is experienced manager with a proven Premiership record.

On the plus side, I do not feel we will be relegated and we when everyone is fit, we are very strong defensively and hard to beat. That is a big plus for me, because we have at times been considered to have a soft underbelly.

Whilst our pre-season has been poor, I must also say that I truly believe our signings have been positive.

Finally, I must say that I like the fact that when he joined the club, Big Sam introduced himself to all the back room staff, including the tea ladies and can**** staff.

Whiskyman
05-08-2014, 02:13 PM
Whilst our pre-season has been poor, I must also say that I truly believe our signings have been positive.

Really? They may all prove to be good players in their own right but we have signed 2 defenders, 2 defensive midfielders and 2 strikers.

We have not signed the 2 pacy skilful midfielders we so obviously need. I have no doubt Zarate and Valencia are capable strikers. But without the ball they may as well be sitting at home with their feet up.

Taansend
05-08-2014, 02:36 PM
Tend to agree with castiron also, unfortunately I couldn't watch last seasons shocking performances all over again this season, just too painful.
Ignore pre-season results and performances, I am hopeful as always that things are about to change. I think he'll get 5 games, and if the football is dire and the results are poor he will be history.

This just about sums it up for me. I was hoping he was off'd during THAT WEEK but they made a commitment and kept him on. And have back him.

But performances has got to improve or he's off. I don't read a thing into our pre season. It means nothing and I still can't believe how hysterical many of you are getting over some training matches. They count for nowt and these 'cups' are not real.

But once the real league starts we deserve some decent football or a manager who can provide it.