PDA

View Full Version : Frank Lampard

lazaat
04-08-2014, 01:53 PM
Manchester City will pay all of Frank Lampard's wages during his loan spell with the club, amid suggestions they are using the deal to bypass Uefa's Financial Fair Play regulations.

Lampard, 36, signed on a free for New York City last month - who are part-owned by Manchester City - and with the MLS season not starting until March he will spend the next six months at City.

Arsenal boss ****ne Wenger questioned whether the move was designed to "get round" FFP rules - which Manchester City failed to meet last season.

"Is it a way to get around the fair play? I don't know," said Wenger. "It looks like all of these 'City' clubs will feed the main club Manchester City - I heard they want to buy five clubs all over the world. "I don't know the rules well enough, but they bought a franchise for £59.4m to play in the States next season."

Stan_van_nel
04-08-2014, 09:35 PM
I always have liked Man City, up until recently that is.

Their soul has been sold.

gaz1959
04-08-2014, 09:38 PM
sTRANGE DAYS INDEED

Altobelli
04-08-2014, 10:41 PM
Financial Fair Play regulations ? Its got more holes than a sieve.

Frank Lampard eh, a player I feel is over rated regardless of his admirers and many England caps.

I know there has been no loyalty from players to clubs for many a year now, but I remember Lampard scoring for West Ham and kissing the Hammers badge on his shirt, a few weeks later he wanted a transfer...