PDA

View Full Version : Manninton Roundabout

gaz1959
05-08-2014, 07:17 PM
Hate this roundabout! I have had so many near misses here over many years!

I always take it with care and look out for idiots

Today is just another example of the many rows I have had there

I am leaving the roundabout at rush-hour and I am in the filter lane looking to pull in and take the slip road up to home sweet home

Out of the corner of my eye and in my blind spot of my mirror I just manage to catch a glimpse of a car about to undertake me

Enough I thought and turned slightly into the cars path and stopped

Cars backing up behind me and now the car because that had to stop too

But instead of shouting the odds and giving hand gestures, I decided to politely wave the person on and thru on my inside

The look on the drivers embarrassed face was priceless as it sheepily went past me.

I think a bigger lesson was learnt in all concerned B)

lazaat
05-08-2014, 07:24 PM
Refresh my memory gaz, where exactly is Mannington roundabout?

gaz1959
05-08-2014, 07:29 PM
Refresh my memory gaz, where exactly is Mannington roundabout?

It's the one that greets all the tear ****s coming from the M4 junction 16 for Royal Wooton Bassett

lazaat
05-08-2014, 07:32 PM
Yes i know where it is gaz, remember now

Altobelli
07-08-2014, 12:16 AM
This one looks fun, but not as much fun as the world famous magic roundabout in Swindon :) - view external link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQfR56TZ6F0)

lazaat
07-08-2014, 02:22 PM
This is the most famous roundabout in Britain.

Mike, the football ground you will see next to this roundabout is the home of the mighty Robins, the team that beat Burnley in the League cup semi final XD XD XD

I have to be honest and say Burnley were very lucky to get a 3rd match and decider of that League cup semi final, but in the end the better team won and deservedly went to Wembley where we beat the Arsenal 3-1 to lift the League cup ;) its just a shame that Alto (being the fickle fella he is) couldn't accept defeat gracefully and stopped supporting his home town team after Swindon's magnificent win. - view external link (www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DPsVjTWjE8)

lazaat
09-08-2014, 06:11 AM
Aye, 1969 brings back good memories :star:

Altobelli
09-08-2014, 12:07 PM
This is the most famous roundabout in Britain.

Mike, the football ground you will see next to this roundabout is the home of the mighty Robins, the team that beat Burnley in the League cup semi final XD XD XD

I have to be honest and say Burnley were very lucky to get a 3rd match and decider of that League cup semi final, but in the end the better team won and deservedly went to Wembley where we beat the Arsenal 3-1 to lift the League cup ;) its just a shame that Alto (being the fickle fella he is) couldn't accept defeat gracefully and stopped supporting his home town team after Swindon's magnificent win.

I wish you would make your mind up Paddy :)