PDA

View Full Version : Gaza/Israel

Trickytreesreds
05-08-2014, 09:10 PM
WTF?
Baroness Warsi resigns over UK policy on Gaza?
Like Israel would listen to anything we say/do anyway?

I thought she was supposed to be a British MP and member of the cabinet?
WTF is a British MP doing, dictating a foreign policy ideal, over the government?

Of course I am sure being a Muslim may blind her to her actions, but I ask this. Would she be prepared to resign over Putin and the Ukraine?

I very much doubt it.
This concerns me and no doubt Camerloon?

Romanis
06-08-2014, 06:32 AM
WTF?

WTF is a British MP doing, dictating a foreign policy ideal, over the government?

Of course I am sure being a Muslim may blind her to her actions, but I ask this. Would she be prepared to resign over Putin and the Ukraine?

I very much doubt it.

She's not an elected MP, she's a member of the Lords.

Trickytreesreds
06-08-2014, 06:47 AM
WTF?

I very much doubt it.

She's not an elected MP, she's a member of the Lords.[/quote]

I stand corrected if I am wrong then. However she was a cabinet minister yes?
Even so, she is out of order. British ministers do not do protest resignations over foreign policy.

It stinks anyway. Former shadow minister for racial relations, yet gets blasted for homophobia in an election campaign.
Then gets a cushy job in the lords at 39??????

Good riddance

RedBasie
06-08-2014, 08:39 AM
We live on a pale blue dot orbiting a Galaxy of which is one of many.There were no borders and boundaries originally nor should there be now in matters concerning this. We should totally abhor the slaughter of the innocents whether it be in Gaza, Israel,Dresden,Hiroshima,Auchwitz,My Lai or the Ukraine. Who cares who speaks out about it as long as they do and the more the merrier until the ones who don't and perpetrate such acts become an unelectable minority. - view external link (www.youtube.com/watch?v=jF4BralTQW8)

Trickytreesreds
06-08-2014, 10:10 AM
We live on a pale blue dot orbiting a Galaxy of which is one of many.There were no borders and boundaries originally nor should there be now in matters concerning this. We should totally abhor the slaughter of the innocents whether it be in Gaza, Israel,Dresden,Hiroshima,Auchwitz,My Lai or the Ukraine. Who cares who speaks out about it as long as they do and the more the merrier until the ones who don't and perpetrate such acts become an unelectable minority.

Basie, I know things like this mean a lot to you. But I am talking from a political view point. She has resigned because we will not punish Israel. She mentions nothing about Palestinian acts. If she was resigning out of lack of action for peace, I would respect her. But it isn't is it?
It's because, she is a Muslim herself and is banging a drum for Palestine. Has she shouted for peace in the Ukraine or anywhere else? No.

A cabinet minister is supposed to represent the Britis

Romanis
06-08-2014, 10:41 AM
My view is that Her Majesty's Govt (whichever or whoever it is), should take no side in this matter.

Britain is not a superpower and shouldn't act as one. What we can be is the voice of reason or to be a listening ear. This was something we were very good at in the past, but once Thatcher decided to throw her support behind the Americans, successive Govts have followed suit, with Blair a Labourite, bending over backwards in order to make his mark in the international stage and to secure his legacy.

There's a lot we should or shouldn't have done in regards to the Middle East, but we have somehow failed miserably. The French and Germans are succeeding in the very areas where British diplomacy was thriving.

For sure, violence and innocent loss of life should be condemned through the normal diplomatic channels, but our policy should be to encourage dialogue, to promote policies that are beneficial to all sides. Where we can support the humanitarian effort in Gaza we should. But we shou

dam617
07-08-2014, 09:42 PM
We live on a pale blue dot orbiting a Galaxy of which is one of many.There were no borders and boundaries originally nor should there be now in matters concerning this. We should totally abhor the slaughter of the innocents whether it be in Gaza, Israel,Dresden,Hiroshima,Auchwitz,My Lai or the Ukraine. Who cares who speaks out about it as long as they do and the more the merrier until the ones who don't and perpetrate such acts become an unelectable minority.

Basie, I know things like this mean a lot to you. But I am talking from a political view point. She has resigned because we will not punish Israel. She mentions nothing about Palestinian acts. If she was resigning out of lack of action for peace, I would respect her. But it isn't is it?
It's because, she is a Muslim herself and is banging a drum for Palestine. Has she shouted for peace in the Ukraine or anywhere else? No.

A

Romanis
07-08-2014, 09:59 PM
I know the situation in Gaza is dire, but what ISIS are doing in Iraq and Syria is far far worse.