PDA

View Full Version : Play offs!!!!

stateside
08-08-2014, 02:20 AM
So I went 3 weeks without playing. Missed a game because of illness, one bye week and a rain out.

Finally played the last regular game of the season.

I was so out of shape and it was 35 degrees C at kick off dropping to 31 at the end.

We waltzed down the field and scred. A minute later added another. By the time I got to play we were 4-0 up. I cleared the ball right to team-mate who scored before half time.

I felt so worn out I did not start the second half. The opponent copied us and went straight down the field and scored and a minute later got another. Soon it was 5-3. Then our best player went on and soon scored.

We finished 6-3. The only positive for me was that they didn't score while I was out there.

I felt terrible though and vowed to play better in the play-offs. We were to face the same team without our best player who would be in Chicago.

I exercised hard on Sunday and Monday, lightly on Tuesday.

stateside
08-08-2014, 02:34 AM
I told myself all day I was going to play 50% better. I don't know how but I need more confidence on the ball. Same exact temps as last week. 35 dropping to 31C

My first touch was okay. Good start. Things were going good.

We had a nice attack going, I went into the box and Will played a low pass to my feet. Now in my head I quickly decided to control the ball and swivel hitting a left foot shot on the turn, but things didn't go the way I thought.

When I controlled the ball it just sat up beautifully and I decided to flick the outside of my right foot at the ball. You know that moment when you make perfect contact and know it? It was so sweet. I looked up to see the keeper scrambling across his goal in a vain attempt to bat the ball away.

We held on to the clean sheet and my team-mates added 8 more goals, but all I could think about was that freaking goal.

I went up to the keeper to sympathize with him and starting going on about my goal. I said sorry. He said what for? I said beca

yubbywelch
08-08-2014, 04:06 AM
Living the dream for the rest of us, good luck next week.

Statesy I want you tube footage for Messi like goals.

stateside
08-08-2014, 11:02 AM
Oh heck me too.

I am always telling everyone to watch the replays of goals on the jumbotron. :-)

I was watching a game as I was warming up. A ball was centered in and hit this chick dead in the face and went in. She had no clue she'd scored.

xchurchVilla
09-08-2014, 06:30 PM
Was the ball made of Rohypnol??

Sorry :s

stateside
10-08-2014, 09:42 PM
Oh dear

ozfan
11-08-2014, 09:20 AM
You hit the sweet spot mate. Perfect timing, perfect spot on your boot. Great memory for you or a night time sleep fantasy where you're playing for villa. You know the one ;D

In golf it's like the sound the driver makes when you make perfect contact with the golf ball. It also feels effortless. Cricket and baseball bats also have a sweet spot.

stateside
12-08-2014, 02:35 AM
So do tennis racquets and apparently they tell me women.

ozfan
12-08-2014, 10:23 AM
Most definitely. Ask your wife. It's not too late.;D

yubbywelch
12-08-2014, 11:01 AM
Boom boom.

Oz did a funny.

XD

MissWinnie
12-08-2014, 04:53 PM
I see somebody is on form today, Mr Smartypants. :P

Was going to make some really bad joke about tennis racquets having more strings than women but don't want to get shown up by Mr Funny, so I won't.

Edit. Oooh 2 posts in a row. Sweet. :D

MissWinnie
12-08-2014, 05:09 PM
I just realised that sounded really rude.

Best go home now Winnie.

yubbywelch
13-08-2014, 09:55 AM
Rude nope.

Dry yep.

dazzyo-villa
17-08-2014, 08:24 PM
Sounds like a sweet goal Statsie. :D