PDA

View Full Version : So, May opts for Wendy

PeteWaller
09-08-2014, 09:03 AM
Mixed feelings about this for me, Millers need team spirit and no individual superstars, not that I think S M is a superstar. We have built our success on that never say die spirit, hard graft and togetherness. Mays choice to join you may be a disappointment to Millers and he is no doubt a good acquisition for you guys - if he can handle the pressure that comes with big demanding crowds. Unlike some Millers fans, I think he can make it at Champs level. He is a prolific scorer and that ability never goes away so good luck to him and good luck to you guys.

It's a good example where Rov'rum are simply not big enough to attract the biggers and secure those type of deals. We have to do it another way and I think we will. Maybe if we can build NY up to 16k and fill it, then we may attract and be more able to afford the Mays of this world. I did worry where the money for him was coming from and like others, thought Agard may be on his way out. As far as I know he still hasn't signed up

SallyKate
09-08-2014, 11:57 AM
Thanks Peter for that post,

May actually hasn't signed yet, but whoever he goes to (probably us) there will have to be an adjustment period for him to get used to the different demands of English Football and then we will see him succeed. He is a very good player - and I think he is an excellent purchase. And this applies if he had signed for you. Which he may still do. I believe in being fair.

It was interesting to read how you mentioned some Millers (and some fans of all clubs do this) have questioned his Championship Credentials' now he is not apparently signing for RUFC. I always find it baffling (and again some fans of all clubs do this) how opinions change in some minds regarding players just because of the shirt he wears. In my mind, and I am fair as I have said,a good player is a good player no matter who he plays for. And I think May is.

I wish the Millers well this year. (Not against us though - though I bet you disagree lol) I actually tipped you for the play offs after