PDA

View Full Version : shotless

viperblue
10-08-2014, 07:06 AM
the brave new era seems to have misfired
I was not expecting to win , but no shots
on goal was a huge let down.
I would still prefer to win at home and lose away, so optimistic for next game at Stans
KRO

spionkop
10-08-2014, 08:52 AM
We'll be alright. Mid-table, I'm hoping. Did you see Burke's absolute screamer yesterday?
Clark is in a situation where we can't even afford to pay the wages of players like him and a
he gets all kinds of flack although he is working with a minimum budget. The moaners should take this into account and the guy is doing his best and also every time he uncovers a gem the club sells them on. He is in a no win situation and the modern daywhingers do not come from the long tradition of Blues fans who get behind the club through thick and thin.
Rg

bolt
10-08-2014, 10:42 AM
We'll be alright. Mid-table, I'm hoping. Did you see Burke's absolute screamer yesterday?
Clark is in a situation where we can't even afford to pay the wages of players like him and a
he gets all kinds of flack although he is working with a minimum budget. The moaners should take this into account and the guy is doing his best and also every time he uncovers a gem the club sells them on. He is in a no win situation and the modern daywhingers do not come from the long tradition of Blues fans who get behind the club through thick and thin.
Rg

my I add the comments made at the end of the game by Tom Ross if not word for word ."Clarke is in a terrible position with 9 freebies who would be on the lowest wage possible

its not the team or the manager but BIH who cannot sell the club because the Hong Kong stock exchange will not let them except in part it makes me sick talking about it"
---
nobody is going to buy the club on that

bluesince62
10-08-2014, 11:18 AM
People that went say that Blues looked more organised than at any time last season, which is encouraging. They also said that Eardley and Shinnie were outstanding in how poor they were.

Let's hope we see a front 2 against Cambridge on Tuesday, a win and then see us have a go at Brighton.

I understand LC setting up fairly negatively away from home but the home fans won't stand another season like last at home.

KRO

spionkop
10-08-2014, 07:55 PM
Eardley has been hopeless every time that I've seen him and that includes when he was at Blackpool, whose fans were glad to see the back of him. I remarked here, when Shinnie was still at Calle.Thistle that he looked very "lightweight" in a match of theirs that was televised and when we were showing an interest in him.
Managers, including Ferguson and Mourhino, usually have a success rate of about 50% with their signings these days and Moyes made some poor signings during his brief spell at manure as did Hughton at Norwich. On that basis and considering he is shopping in the Pound Shop, Clark has done pretty well. His problem though is that when he spots a goodun (Adeyemi) then he he gets sold and the same may be about to happen to Randolph. The guy is in an impossible position.
Rg

aKROKiwi
10-08-2014, 11:21 PM
What I find frustrating even from so far away is Clark having the hide to say things like "What has been frustrating is we were quite negative" It's the sort of thing we might say -is there any coaching going on? Is he being critical of the tactical set up? Why does he think the coach didn't do much to change it? Hmmmm!

Will a loss to Cambridge cause riots? Or are those of us who are left too phlegmatic for that?

I know BIH are hopeless and do not have the interests of the club at heart however when the manager's first resort is to criticise the payers for a probable result of a tactical conundrum he presumably dreamed up; well...

I had some dead5hit coaches from the north of England too and I promise you this is a common response...

cello
12-08-2014, 05:38 PM
So I went down to the Riverside full of optimism thinking that lessons must have been learned and I looked forward to seeing the improvement from the Leicester game at St Andrews (my only game last season). At least in that game we scored, albeit in the 90th minute.

My conclusion is still that we don't have forwards of Championship quality, with the possible exception of Gray.

On a positive note there did seem to be more organisation, and Randolph was outstanding otherwise we would have been on the wrong end of a 5-0 result.

Will things improve? Will we ever win a game at home that matters? While my optimism appears to have vanished I cannot see it returning until I see someone who looks likely to put the ball in the oppositions net.

KRO