PDA

View Full Version : Mission Statement

manatmat
12-08-2014, 06:32 PM
Was there ever a mission statement at the start of the season? All I heard was that the intention was to put the smiles back on peoples faces; and an immediate return to the Prem. Should they have been a bit more realistic and possibly said (as Chelsea did last year), that this was to be a season of club reorganisation and consolidation. With a major effort next season. Adams said that he only wanted players with "fire in their bellies", proud to wear the shirt. The truth is that some of the senior players still think they are too good for the Championship. With the result that Adams does still not know who will still be here at the end of the transfer window. We need players like Holt, Forbes and Roberts who where without doubt proud to wear the shirt. They would certainly have given Wolves more to think about.

Laurie
12-08-2014, 07:32 PM
You are not wrong, feel sorry for our manager, got the job, but has he got the backing, I just wish that someone from up top would give the supporters some clue as to WTF is going on, at the moment we have made a small profit on transfers do we now have to sell Redmond before we can buy.
I thought we would splash a bit of cash in a genuine attempt to return to the top flight, ok we have not lost the chance, but it's looking less likely with each passing day.
So all I can suggest is play the players who really want to play, and if that's a couple of our younger players to add a bit of spice, then bring it on.

philcanary
13-08-2014, 02:59 PM
Lets not forget we were also fed that Pilks had a niggling injury only for him to put up on Twitter he has had no such niggle and now we hear he may be off to Cardiff for an undisclosed fee...Here we go again...#standard...OTBC

Laurie
13-08-2014, 05:10 PM
Looks as the fee may be as much as 1 MIL, WOW.
More money to spend, David Mc, I said more money to SPEND.
Beginning to have some doubts !!!

olano
13-08-2014, 07:34 PM
So we are selling Pilks for 1 mill.

Stats if I rember right.
E.Benett 3 goals on 3 seaons.
Redmond 1 goal on 1 season.

But we have Murphys so there is hope. But promotion? I dont trust the board at all longer.

I do like Adams, but he is not ready for this.