PDA

View Full Version : A few players who have left us recently...

elf
14-08-2014, 03:43 PM
Randolph
Hateley. Hutchinson. Gunning. O'Brien
Humphrey. Law. Coke. Murphy.
McCormack. McDonald.

subs: Jennings. Higdon. Porter. McFadden.

No doubt you'll think of a few more, but by Christ we could do with this lot on the park for us this season!
Think of the fees we could have had if they were properly contracted.

Handsome_Devil
14-08-2014, 03:46 PM
Dunno...think a lot of those players moved on to better wages but to clubs who wouldn't have been willing to pay much for them.

Randolph, the best of that lot by far with us, was properly contracted as you say and no one bought him.

sieb1886
14-08-2014, 09:54 PM
Depends on what you term as 'recently' ... Skippy and Coke being cases in point.

firparkloony
15-08-2014, 07:37 AM
Depends on what you term as 'recently' ... Skippy and Coke being cases in point.

Dixie Deans, Joe McBride, Kevin McAllister, Brian McLair, Paul Lambert, Ian St John, Tam Forsyth, Peter McCloy, Tom Boyd etc...dreams just dreams.

wellin
15-08-2014, 09:28 AM
Wullie pettigrew...

firparkloony
15-08-2014, 12:17 PM
Wullie pettigrew...

Joe Wark, Rab McKinnon, Brian Martin, Sieb, Mio and many many more.

wellin
15-08-2014, 12:22 PM
Joe McLeod...

steviex
15-08-2014, 01:48 PM
Randolph
Hateley. Hutchinson. Gunning. O'Brien
Humphrey. Law. Coke. Murphy.
McCormack. McDonald.

subs: Jennings. Higdon. Porter. McFadden.

No doubt you'll think of a few more, but by Christ we could do with this lot on the park for us this season!
Think of the fees we could have had if they were properly contracted.

The contract issue is harsh, the club have a number of failings (a number of plus points too) However we will never be in a strong bargaining position when trying to tie players down The terms we can offer will rarely if ever tempt a player to sign for 3 or 4 years. I think we tend to offer pretty decent SPL terms but on 12 month or loan contracts.

To have players tied in to contracts that generate good sales we'd need to offer high wagers over a 3 / 4 year contact which we generally cannot afford.

I swear though if Rangers come up and we have someone from the club telling us it will make little difference to our budge

Handsome_Devil
15-08-2014, 01:53 PM
It's also worth pointing that no manager will have a 100 per cent success rate in handing out contracts - we were stuck with Ross Forbes, for example, for seasons when he clearly wasn't going to cut it because we tried to tie him down as he broke through. There have obviously been others.

That said, I think we could be a little bolder if/when we find another blue chip - a 2 million fee covers a few mistakes...

steviex
15-08-2014, 02:02 PM
It's also worth pointing that no manager will have a 100 per cent success rate in handing out contracts - we were stuck with Ross Forbes, for example, for seasons when he clearly wasn't going to cut it because we tried to tie him down as he broke through. There have obviously been others.

That said, I think we could be a little bolder if/when we find another blue chip - a 2 million fee covers a few mistakes...

Aye Bob McHugh another. He should never been offered a new contact 2 years sago.

I also want a fishul enquiry who tied Stevie Woods down for 8 seasons... not to the contract... to his goal line.

firparkloony
15-08-2014, 02:11 PM

Aye Bob McHugh another. He should never been offered a new contact 2 years sago.

I also want a fishul enquiry who tied Stevie Woods down for 8 seasons... not to the contract... to his goal line.[/quote]

I think you will find Stevie that it was nailed not tied, indeed nailed would have been my only option and not necessarily the goal line. Mind you he's not keeper coach at the manky mob, can you imagine how good their keeper would be if they had a proper coach!

steviex
15-08-2014, 02:29 PM

I also want a fishul enquiry who tied Stevie Woods down for 8 seasons... not to the contract... to his goal line.[/quote]

I think you will find Stevie that it was nailed not tied, indeed nailed would have been my only option and not necessarily the goal line. Mind you he's not keeper coach at the manky mob, can you imagine how good their keeper

JOHHNYG
15-08-2014, 08:47 PM

Dixie Deans, Joe McBride, Kevin McAllister, Brian McLair, Paul Lambert, Ian St John, Tam Forsyth, Peter McCloy, Tom Boyd etc...dreams just dreams.[/quote]

Kevin McAllister?? Gary will not be pleased to lose his slot to a Falkirk 'legend'! lol.

firparkloony
16-08-2014, 07:52 AM

Dixie Deans, Joe McBride, Kevin McAllister, Brian McLair, Paul Lambert, Ian St John, Tam Forsyth, Peter McCloy, Tom Boyd etc...dreams just dreams.[/quote]

Kevin McAllister?? Gary will not be pleased to lose his slot to a Falkirk 'legend'! lol.[/quote]

Johnny, thanks for that I was having an Al Zeimer moment.