PDA

View Full Version : Semi final and final

stateside
15-08-2014, 06:51 PM
I was not feeling well yesterday. :-(. Felt great all day then around 4pm I went weak like I had a fever. I knew two key players were out and I really wanted a winners medal so I went out there.

We started the match with 2 players short (we were now 5 players short of our squad) but one player got on the pitch before too much damage was inflicted. We defended well but we scored an own goal. One of our team-mates plays for both teams and had chosen to play for the other team in this game. He ran by me and got his cross in, but a defender turned the ball in.

We finally had a full side and a substitute when we equalized. We added another soon after then scored an insurance goal midway through the second half.

We clung on to the lead but came out of the game exhausted and a fair few injuries. So we welcomed back our player from our opponent for the final. He hadn't played too much on e the outcome seemed certain so said he was fresh. We then waited over an hour and a half to see if

yubbywelch
16-08-2014, 02:50 AM
Injuries, and illnesses always seem to come at finals times.

Bad luck mate, but well done on getting to the big game.

Another season mate????

stateside
17-08-2014, 02:52 PM
Going to try again.

dazzyo-villa
17-08-2014, 08:27 PM
Unlucky mate.. good stuff..

You need to give your team mates a kick up the backside for not getting there on time.

Also I find it well strange that a player can play for two different teams and wasn't you annoyed at him for choosing the other team?

ozfan
18-08-2014, 02:48 AM
As dazzy says. I don't get that at all. How can you register for two teams?

Well done on getting to the final.

yubbywelch
18-08-2014, 10:56 AM
Similar thing happens here in our touch football comps, but when it comes to the finals the player has to choose the team he is going to play for.

stateside
18-08-2014, 05:19 PM
We all work and travel over 30 to 45 minutes to get to the game, so a 6:30 kick off is always difficult.

Chris played for the Monsters and was their best player. He approached us when his team was about to quit. We took him on and within a couple of seasons we won the championship twice. The Monsters re-formed and he played occasionally for them. He quit us and went on a year long tour of the States. Last season he joined them full time and came back to us.

He chose them 24 hours before because their captain was going to be out and our captain told him we would have a full team, which was wrong.

I told him he should just play in the middle and be on the side that has the ball.

You can register for however many teams you want as long as you pay the $70.

We had no problem with his choice. We borrow players from time to time also.

dazzyo-villa
18-08-2014, 07:22 PM
Fair enough Statsie,cheers for explaining

;) :)