PDA

View Full Version : Preston North End

fletcher9
16-08-2014, 08:39 AM
It would be fantastic to mark the return of League One football to Glanford Park with a win. However I think Preston may be just too strong for us to achieve it. They had an excellent away record last season and conceded only 20 goals in 23 games on their travels.

I've a feeling it will be a 1-1 draw and I'm going for Paddy Madden to notch his second goal of the season.

fletcher9
16-08-2014, 05:33 PM
Well I didn't see that performance coming. No shame in losing to Preston who looked a quality side but to concede the goals the way we did is just not acceptable. The first and third goals were just a joke. It's one thing for the back four to be taken to the cleaners (which they were) but another to just hand goals to the opposition on a plate. Why any professional team would stand and watch a forward bring a ball under control in the centre of the goal just a few yards out without a thought of closing him down is beyond me. What the hell were they thinking? I've moaned about the distribution from Mirfin in the past but at least he was willing to put his body on the line.

Let's hope the new players we are supposedly getting in the next few days show more grit, determination and skill than the majority out there today. Fleetwood game is massive now.

back
17-08-2014, 06:18 PM
our keep was not good enough and the spanish center half looked out of his depth.I hope Mirfin is fit soon as the back 4 seemed more secure with him there.We need a better keeper as understudy to Sam that poor lad yesterday is not good at shots on his right side,just look at him in the warm ups.

messiron
19-08-2014, 12:34 AM
our keep was not good enough and the spanish center half looked out of his depth.I hope Mirfin is fit soon as the back 4 seemed more secure with him there.We need a better keeper as understudy to Sam that poor lad yesterday is not good at shots on his right side,just look at him in the warm ups.

oh dear.
why not try viewing another sport.

it would seem football is not your forte.