PDA

View Full Version : That Millwall penalty.

aussieowl
20-08-2014, 09:30 PM
WTF...evidence of a corrupt referee? - view external link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=csKriSJ5CV4)

redgreggie
21-08-2014, 08:26 AM
looks a poor decision aussie, think the main problem was that the ref was so far away from the incident...how could he have given it without help from his linesman.

though there is undoubtably corruption in all levels of the game, in this country, I do believe our refs are decent set of lads...long may that remain.

it's been very quiet on here for a while...

we're a fickle bunch aren't we...we're always clamouring for news about our club, so we get told of the proposed buy out, as it turns out it'd have been better kept under wraps until there was more certainty...

can't win, Mr Mandaric tried to keep us in touch, but my betting is it's going to go pear shaped.

if it doesn't happen then they have to re-evaluate the position, I have faith that what Mr Mandaric sees, in Stuart Gray's rapid improvement in performances, then he's sure to put what money in that he can to maintain this.

ray...in Batley.

braggyowl
21-08-2014, 09:27 AM
WTF...evidence of a corrupt referee?

I lost my voice shouting at the ref and no one around us could believe he gave a pen...Although I was more p!ssed with the lads at the end for throwing two points down the toilet!

Really bugs me when we take the ball into the corner in injury time...You just know that nine out of ten times it's gonna go t!ts up...And guess what!!!

On a brighter note Stevie May never stopped running and it's just a matter of time before he starts knocking em in...And Palmer..What a player he's turned out to be..That's to just two..Think we're gonna be up there this season. :)

aussieowl
21-08-2014, 09:29 AM
I've forgotten all about the takeover, as of right now I couldn't care less if it goes ahead or not...in fact I'm starting to hope it doesn't, too much baggage involved, they'll always be someone else looking & eventually we'll get the right people...I'm just glad the season is finally here & I can concentrate on what really matters, the game on the pitch.

aussieowl
21-08-2014, 09:32 AM

I lost my voice shouting at the ref and no one around us could believe he gave a pen...Although I was more p!ssed with the lads at the end for throwing two points down the toilet!

Really bugs me when we take the ball into the corner in injury time...You just know that nine out of ten times it's gonna go t!ts up...And guess what!!!

On a brighter note Stevie May never stopped running and it's just a matter of time before he starts knocking em in...And Palmer..What a player he's turned out to be..That's to just two..Think we're gonna be up there this season. :)[/quote]

Hope you're right braggy, although we are still a bit thin squad wise, really need to keep Lee & Hutchinson fit...credit to Gray, he seems to have got them together as a team.

braggyowl
21-08-2014, 09:43 AM
Too true auss..We're certainly gonna need back up in terms of players that's for sure but I reckon Milan will see Gray alright with a couple more signings to come. :)

And yes, credit to Stuart Gray...You can see he's built up a massive team spirit into the players..Sounds daft, but you can actually feel it yourself when they run out..He's doing a good job bless him. :)

Rotherhamowl10
21-08-2014, 11:21 AM
I couldn't believe he gave it and the linesman just stood there and did sod all.

You can see from the highlights that the Millwall player physically jumps off the floor into Westwoods direction - foul on the keeper in my book.

What frustrated me more is that the ref had three opportunities to make up for his error. The May one was as clear as day for me - keeper loses ball...keeper takes down player...ref gives a penalty - but not this clown!

Overall, I thought a draw was a fair result and we looked a little tired after a great display against Derby. It wasn't conceding in the last minute that hurt me the most, it was the manner in how we conceded it with three of them lining up to finish it.

That ref loves giving decisions to the away team. He doesn't want to get the tag of a 'homer' (do'h)and does his best to protect the away side.

Rotherhamowl10
21-08-2014, 11:28 AM

On a brighter note Stevie May never stopped running and it's just a matter of time before he starts knocking em in...And Palmer..What a player he's turned out to be..That's to just two..Think we're gonna be up there this season. :)[/quote]

Too right about Stevie May braggy, he never stopped running.

He's just waiting for that first clear chance. If he keeps putting a shift in like he is, then it won't be long before he's on the score sheet.

SallyKate
21-08-2014, 01:14 PM
Strange thing about the Millwall penalty was no one appealed. I spoke to a couple of their fans later outside - they said no way was it a penalty but they were happy to get it. Can't argue with that viewpoint really.

Stevie May (who never stopped and had a very good game) should have definitely got a penalty. It was so clear cut only an idiot could have turned it down.

Speaking of idiots my friends and I were sort of saying before the game, "Mr Miller's the ref - he never gives us anything and they're bound to get a pen." Sadly we were proved right. My personal view is he's one of those refs who thinks everyone goes to watch him; Clive Thomas was shy and reserved in comparison.

As usual the linesmen (for they were men)were awful - are they anything but? Yes the standard of referees as declined in the last few years - but the linesmen / women are even worse. That needs sorting big time.

The result of the game was fair. Yes we could have,and should have won, but Millwall have an

braggyowl
21-08-2014, 02:34 PM
Good post Sal and agree with all of it.

Don't know why the Leeds fans were laughing at us signing Tom Lees...He looks really solid and is fitting in very well...Maybe it's just that they had a crap manager who couldn't get him to play...Unlike stuart Gray who is really trying to build something at our place and all the lads look up to him as a manager who knows all about team building and team spirit.

Keep up the good work lads. :)

hirstyboywonder
21-08-2014, 05:04 PM
Good post Sal and agree with all of it.

Don't know why the Leeds fans were laughing at us signing Tom Lees...He looks really solid and is fitting in very well...Maybe it's just that they had a crap manager who couldn't get him to play...Unlike stuart Gray who is really trying to build something at our place and all the lads look up to him as a manager who knows all about team building and team spirit.

Keep up the good work lads. :)

Was thinking the same thing about Lees. The dirtyleeds fans were thanking us for taking him but he's hardly put a foot wrong and we've conceded only 1 goal in our first 3 league games, a world of difference compared with how we finished last season defensively.
Meanwhile they have kept one clean sheet and that was thanks to the ref chalking off a perfectly good Middlesbrough goal.

hirstyboywonder
21-08-2014, 05:09 PM
I couldn't believe he gave it and the linesman just stood there and did sod all.

You can see from the highlights that the Millwall player physically jumps off the floor into Westwoods direction - foul on the keeper in my book.

What frustrated me more is that the ref had three opportunities to make up for his error. The May one was as clear as day for me - keeper loses ball...keeper takes down player...ref gives a penalty - but not this clown!

Overall, I thought a draw was a fair result and we looked a little tired after a great display against Derby. It wasn't conceding in the last minute that hurt me the most, it was the manner in how we conceded it with three of them lining up to finish it.

That ref loves giving decisions to the away team. He doesn't want to get the tag of a 'homer' (do'h)and does his best to protect the away side.

A draw probably was a fair result but when your 30 seconds away from joint top of the lea