PDA

View Full Version : Sickening

fletcher9
20-08-2014, 10:25 PM
The feeding frenzy going on against Russ on the other board is making me want to puke.

It's been a bad start to the season even allowing for the terrible bad luck he's having with injuries and yes there are certainly still problems to be resolved in a couple of positions.

I don't know if Russ will solve them or not but only a small number of managers have ever got this club promoted and in my view he has earned the right to get far more than three games in this league. And yes I know the football was pretty dire last season but 20 clubs would have happily swapped places with us no matter what the standard of football played.

back
21-08-2014, 02:43 PM
He as earned the right to lead us but how long will the chairman give him.Look how many players we have just come to the club,some because of injurys but now we have to let them train to play as a team,if we keep having to change the team every match no one will get used to others style.

fletcher9
21-08-2014, 03:42 PM
Only the chairman himself knows how long he would give him. But Swann knows the club would be a laughing stock if he sacked a promotion winning manager after three games.

I think he has earned the right for at least ten games. It's a team with a lot of changes, hopefully at least another one to come, and a learning curve for Russ and a settling in period for a few players. I think with a decent attacking midfielder there's more than enough in the squad to survive in this league.

fletcher9
21-08-2014, 03:56 PM
The fact is many fans are like spoilt brats when it comes to their team. If things don't go their way immediately they start crying like babies and I don't exclude myself from that criticism on occasions.