PDA

View Full Version : Just like to say

aussieowl
22-08-2014, 08:59 PM
Play it loud - view external link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBiXy-CD2zc)

Katchouro
22-08-2014, 09:21 PM
First couple of comments and an arrogant is calling Wolves 'tinpot'.

XD

aussieowl
22-08-2014, 10:31 PM
There's comments?

braggyowl
23-08-2014, 05:12 AM
What an absolutely beautiful day that was auss...Made even better for leaving our Porky friends behind in the pub league when they were miles in front at one stage...So far in front that one of em commented on our board how it didn't matter if we beat them because the points they had were too much for us to make up..XD XD XD

Great to win promotion in front of 38,000 Owls in all four corners of Hillsborough and Wycombe just have to get a mention in all of this.

Their fans were brilliant..Even though they were already down they stayed on at the end and clapped our team for going up..Hundreds of Wednesdayites ran over to them and applauded them as well...What a lovely gesture from Wycombe bless em. ;)

GreasyChipBeattie
23-08-2014, 07:22 AM
Nice clip Aussie.
I'll give you this, your supporters were well ahead in the fashion stakes back then.
It was from the 70s wasn't it?
Hi-ho whatever it was and all that?

Either that are you need to get a few Rotherham fans to write you a more modern football anthem :-)

To be fair (and don't tell Katch) it did actually make the hairs stand up on the back of my own red and white neck...how did that happen?!!

Ginger_Potts
23-08-2014, 12:22 PM
Nice one Oz :D .
Went out of my way a few years back to learn all the words.
Always makes me grin when we ever get to the second verse...
Flies are in your pea soup Baby
They're waving at me. ;D .

sexypistol
23-08-2014, 07:15 PM

XD

That day hurt you and your kind, and as yet you've never got over it >;) I am sure the posters on here were laughing at the likes of you and co as we celebrated . XD

helmut_rooster
23-08-2014, 10:31 PM
What an absolutely beautiful day that was auss...Made even better for leaving our Porky friends behind in the pub league when they were miles in front at one stage...So far in front that one of em commented on our board how it didn't matter if we beat them because the points they had were too much for us to make up..XD XD XD

Great to win promotion in front of 38,000 Owls in all four corners of Hillsborough and Wycombe just have to get a mention in all of this.

Their fans were brilliant..Even though they were already down they stayed on at the end and clapped our team for going up..Hundreds of Wednesdayites ran over to them and applauded them as well...What a lovely gesture from Wycombe bless em. ;)

Always remember when the stadium announcer mentioned the attendance, he also said and that includes 256 from Wycombe and everybody in the ground cheered.

Happy days :)

SallyKate
24-08-2014, 01:31 PM
Happy day indeed. Lot's of sunshine and promotion - rare in both cases - but so totally enjoyable.

I had a drink with Wednesday ites, Wycombe fans and also a few of S2 lads and lasses later. Lot's of smiles and giggles. It must have been hard for the S2 contingent to be so nice and congratulatory - but they actually were. That's how football should be. Just wish it was like that more often.

I also recall having many more drinks with Braggy and his wife and son later when I bumped in to them (lovely family by the way)and singing the song with the mass choir in a Working Men's Club with them (can't remember which) when 'the turn' (if that is the correct phrase) sang it as the last song. 'The Turn' was a Leeds fan and rather poor but it was a nice gesture.

I remember my youngest daughter saying, "This is my best day ever - thank you," then giving me the most loving hug. Very emotional.

Of course I could have told her that it doesn't occur very often, and that usually following an

micklyons1hardbstd
24-08-2014, 05:35 PM

XD What a bitter, twisted, ridiculous tw@t you are...Get a life, you sad t0sser...Greasy..your a gent mate..always have been..Its a wolves song..adopted quite well by the Massive over the years...God we've had some great nights singing this...By the way..if I haven't already said...Katch..you're a sad t0sser!

Katchouro
24-08-2014, 08:50 PM
Why in all my time on here as a HoF contributor I've never been so insulted!!!

That's right -

(At that moment I knew how my Mom and Dad felt)

MOM!!! Mum, Mam, Mother - all acceptable vernacular. 'Mom' is not, I'm absolutely livid.

So livid in fact I'm going to sing another club's song;

'HI-HO WOLVERHAMPTON, EVERYWHERE WE GO THERE'S AGGRO'

braggyowl
25-08-2014, 10:47 AM

That's right -

MOM!!! Mum, Mam, Mother - all acceptable vernacular. 'Mom' is not, I'm absolutely livid.

Yeah you have...I've called you a lot worse. ;)

XD

braggyowl
25-08-2014, 10:50 AM
[quote="SallyKate"]Happy day indeed. Lot's of sunshine and promotion - rare in both cases - but so totally enjoyable.

I had a drink with Wednesday ites, Wycombe fans and also a few of S2 lads and lasses later. Lot's of smiles and giggles. It must have been hard for the S2 contingent to be so nice and congratulatory - but they actually were. That's how football should be. Just wish it was like that more often.

I also recall having many more drinks with Braggy and his wife and son later when I bumped in to them (lovely family by the way)and singing the song with the mass choir in a Working Men's Club with them (can't remember which) when 'the turn' (if that is the correct phrase) sang it as the last song. 'The Turn' was a Leeds fan and rather poor but it was a nice gesture.

I remember my youngest daughter saying, "This is my best day ever - thank you," then giving me the most loving hug. Very emotional.

Of course I could have told her that it doesn't

banno
30-08-2014, 09:16 PM

That's right -

and what year did they start singing that?
i'm betting you can't prove they sang it before us (certainly before the game but as a fanbase not a chance)

maybe you can tell us when the "hark now hear" song was first sang?
you know the one that all pigs insist wasn't a WEDNESDAY original, despite facts to prove otherwise!

THE WEDNESDAY lead where the piggies follow

Edwyn_Chevans
30-08-2014, 10:23 PM
What a day!
Unforgettable!
Never fails to cheer me up!

Enjoy my friends, enjoy. - view external link (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vs-7Kv5Fy0M)

Katchouro
30-08-2014, 11:04 PM

That's right -

i'm betting you can't prove they sang it before us (certainly before the game but as a fanbase not a chance)

you know the one that all pigs insist wasn't a WEDNESDAY original, despite facts to prove otherwise!

THE WEDNESDAY lead where the piggies follow[/quote]

What a great reaction from banno - and SP says we're the ones with the inferiority complex?

You have no origin

banno
30-08-2014, 11:30 PM

That's right -

THE WEDNESDAY lead where the piggies follow[/quote]

What a great reaction from banno - and SP says we're the ones wi

banno
30-08-2014, 11:36 PM
What a day!
Unforgettable!
Never fails to cheer me up!

Enjoy my friends, enjoy.

seems my computer doesn't understand nonce.

could the pigs new nickname be the pervs?
of course in a couple of years a perv would only invent something on the net and insist ched evans played for us and we were the original *** beasts!

my computer does however read league tables and it tells me you're t055 :)

Katchouro
30-08-2014, 11:47 PM
At least we can hold our own against the SCABS banno.

**** me how many times now have you rolled over for them and had your belly tickled?

banno
31-08-2014, 12:07 AM
At least we can hold our own against the SCABS banno.

**** me how many times now have you rolled over for them and had your belly tickled?

football doesn't stand still and forest will be in the mix at the end of the season.
they've added a few players (one being an ex wednesday player who it pains me to say we will miss and is a handful for any team in this league) and your a million miles away from there standard at the minute.
you should concentrate on being the equals of barnsley and donny before you even think of the big boys ;)
i fully expect you to join us next season but you know how rubbish i am predictions ;)

Katchouro
31-08-2014, 12:32 AM
Even our relegation side and the third tier side gave Forest a BDTBL beating. We've got the sign over them - we relegated Nigel's dad and inflicted the trauma of that PO semi final defeat that had them sp***lling down the league.

It's the one game I don't mind seeing you win, but match after match they beat you with composite ease. It's getting embarrassing now.

Edwyn_Chevans
31-08-2014, 07:49 AM

Don't be a kidder, kid.

You know we know the night you battered the old lady after a heavy defeat and a session on the Special Brew.

You understand. ;D

banno
31-08-2014, 11:26 AM

Don't be a kidder, kid.

You know we know the night you battered the old lady after a heavy defeat and a session on the Special Brew.

You understand. ;D[/quote]

????
more nonce

banno
31-08-2014, 11:27 AM
Even our relegation side and the third tier side gave Forest a BDTBL beating. We've got the sign over them - we relegated Nigel's dad and inflicted the trauma of that PO semi final defeat that had them sp***lling down the league.

It's the one game I don't mind seeing you win, but match after match they beat you with composite ease. It's getting embarrassing now.

never mind, we could be rubbish like you lot :O

hirstyboywonder
31-08-2014, 07:12 PM

So embarrassing playing in the Championship. Is that why you prefer to stay in the 3rd, earning valuable points at the likes of PNE.

Katchouro
31-08-2014, 08:31 PM
The only thing missing from the above post is pintthirsty calling a great club with a proud history like PNE 'tinpot'.

Considering you all live in the past I'm never ceased to be amazed at just how little history you know.

Any explanation as to why you continually can't beat Forest? You even comically threw away a big lead against them last season.

aussieowl
31-08-2014, 08:43 PM
Any explanation as to why you continually can't beat Forest? You even comically threw away a big lead against them last season.

There is no explanation & there doesn't need to be...the same goes as to why we constantly get one over on Burnley, it happens, it's football, so what.

Katchouro
31-08-2014, 08:56 PM
it happens, it's football, so what.

You should all hope your Head Coach isn't as flippant as this when he's conducting his post game analysis with the players. :s

aussieowl
31-08-2014, 09:08 PM
I can afford to be flippant I'm just a fan but yeah it's Gray's job so I hope you're right.

braggyowl
01-09-2014, 05:16 AM
it happens, it's football, so what.

You should all hope your Head Coach isn't as flippant as this when he's conducting his post game analysis with the players. :s[/quote]

Like he's actually going to be! Whilst we're on the subject of flippancey though we may as well give a mention to Warnock, Blackwell Wilson and Weir...They all seemed very flippant in their post game analysis...That much so that they all had something in common.

They all got sacked! ;)

Rotherhamowl10
01-09-2014, 11:49 AM
Nice clip Aussie.
I'll give you this, your supporters were well ahead in the fashion stakes back then.
It was from the 70s wasn't it?
Hi-ho whatever it was and all that?

Either that are you need to get a few Rotherham fans to write you a more modern football anthem :-)

To be fair (and don't tell Katch) it did actually make the hairs stand up on the back of my own red and white neck...how did that happen?!!

Take my hat off to you here Greasy - very witty post and raised a smile from me. Katch could learn a lot from you...maybe in return he can show you how to dig holes?

hirstyboywonder
01-09-2014, 02:57 PM
The only thing missing from the above post is pintthirsty calling a great club with a proud history like PNE 'tinpot'.

Considering you all live in the past I'm never ceased to be amazed at just how little history you know.

Oh no, we have struggled to beat Forest in recent seasons, absolute nightmare.

Any explanation as to why you can't get out of division 3 and seem to be able to turn it on in the cups against higher opposition and yet continually come back down to earth in the lower leagues?

We seem to struggle against Forest, meanwhile their close neighbours Burton Albion seem to have the sign over you...

Katchouro
03-09-2014, 11:26 AM
You do make me laugh - especially when you wind yourself up. It’s like a post template you have – dodge the question on Wednesday and waffle on about/insult United instead. I’d guesstimate that 70% of your posts on here mention United.

Even funnier is that you make a point of reminding everyone, when you post on BladesMad, that you only post on there about Wednesday.

So you post on here about United and next door on Wednesday - when are you going to twig you’re doing it all wrong?

hirstyboywonder
03-09-2014, 04:27 PM
You do make me laugh - especially when you wind yourself up. It’s like a post template you have – dodge the question on Wednesday and waffle on about/insult United instead. I’d guesstimate that 70% of your posts on here mention United.

Even funnier is that you make a point of reminding everyone, when you post on BladesMad, that you only post on there about Wednesday.

So you post on here about United and next door on Wednesday - when are you going to twig you’re doing it all wrong?

I haven't posted on blunts mad for a good while now - what's the point, nothing changes same old summer of giving it the big un from the residents until the football kicks off and by the close of the summer transfer window they are all arguing among themselves about whether it's still McCabe's fault or if the prince is now responsible.

I answered your question about Wednesday, as Aussie did. Sometimes a team has the beating of another, just as w

Katchouro
04-09-2014, 10:20 AM
'Pessimistic'? You're confused.

I think along with plenty of other Blades I'm disappointed that the big talk of investments hasn't materialised this summer - and I've voiced that disappointment.

I still think we've got a cracking chance of going up though - and it's a nice little unbeaten run we've put together. How's your unbeaten run going?

Anyway you should post more on BM, reading posts of abuse towards you is more pleasing than reading Blades argue with each other.

SallyKate
04-09-2014, 10:37 AM
'Pessimistic'? You're confused.

I think along with plenty of other Blades I'm disappointed that the big talk of investments hasn't materialised this summer - and I've voiced that disappointment.

I still think we've got a cracking chance of going up though - and it's a nice little unbeaten run we've put together. How's your unbeaten run going?

Anyway you should post more on BM, reading posts of abuse towards you is more pleasing than reading Blades argue with each other.

And there lies the root of your posts a lately Katch. You are more pleased by posts that abuse. Cheer up chuckly chops - life's not that bad.

SKT xxxx

Katchouro
04-09-2014, 10:57 AM
You are more pleased by posts that abuse.

Where hirstyboywonder is concerned that's very true.

hirstyboywonder
04-09-2014, 04:39 PM

Where hirstyboywonder is concerned that's very true.[/quote]

Well that's a bit uncalled for, what have I ever done to you?!

As for this fine little run you are on, long way to go yet, how long did it take before you lost a game under Wilson and look how that ended up.
I should imagine you are confident about promotion, you were the shortest bookies favourites to win the division for some time but your form doesn't back that up so far.

As for us losing our unbeaten record, to lose it to the league leaders is no disgrace and our pre-season was viewed so negatively by some Owls and Blades that the opinion was we wouldn't have a single win by this stage.

SallyKate
04-09-2014, 06:40 PM

Where hirstyboywonder is concerned that's very true.[/quote]

Well that's a bit uncalled for, what have I ever done to you?!

As for this fine little run you are on, long way to go yet, how long did it take before you lost a game under Wilson and look how that ended up.
I should imagine you are confident about promotion, you were the shortest bookies favourites to win the division for some time but your form doesn't back that up so far.

As for us losing our unbeaten record, to lose it to the league leaders is no disgrace and our pre-season was viewed so negatively by some Owls and Blades that the opinion was we wouldn't have a single win by this stage.[/quote]

Selective quoting Katch - that's an old Tory trick if I ever saw one. Shame on you.I expect better. Oh for the days when you had fo

Katchouro
05-09-2014, 09:05 PM
Well that's a bit uncalled for.

I'm only teasing snookums as well you know.

It sounds like you're veering towards a 'United won't go up prediction'. Which is a good thing considering you predicted Wednesday would go down last season.

A pertinent point about United's season so far is that from the games against PNE, Bristol City and P'Boro (3 teams I'm confident will be in and around the top 6) we've taken 4 points, which considering 2 games were away and this is a relatively new team that's not bad going.

To your credit though you were onto the Fakeover long before the majority of your fellow supporters, well done on that, no egg on your face. SallyKate on the other hand will be cooking up omelettes for the rest of the year.

SallyKate
06-09-2014, 01:57 PM
A bit ***ist that Katch to assume I should do the cooking.

SKT xxxx

banno
06-09-2014, 11:27 PM
Well that's a bit uncalled for.

I'm only teasing snookums as well you know.

It sounds like you're veering towards a 'United won't go up prediction'. Which is a good thing considering you predicted Wednesday would go down last season.

A pertinent point about United's season so far is that from the games against PNE, Bristol City and P'Boro (3 teams I'm confident will be in and around the top 6) we've taken 4 points, which considering 2 games were away and this is a relatively new team that's not bad going.

To your credit though you were onto the Fakeover long before the majority of your fellow supporters, well done on that, no egg on your face. SallyKate on the other hand will be cooking up omelettes for the rest of the year.[/quote]

what a n0b XD XD
happy with your season so far?
mid table
i suppose thats ok for your shower :O

of course the truth is that the f

Katchouro
07-09-2014, 06:49 AM

SKT xxxx

I don't even know your gender.

Anyway, get with the times - us Generation Xers love to cook. I'd even say I'm a bigger talent in the Kitchen than Mrs Katch, just not in her earshot. My Apple Crumble is to die for.

If banno cooked it would involve lots of vinegar and lemon juice. What a bitter, bitter man he is - forgetful to, he was only tipping Clough and THE BLADES to go up this season last week. I think on that occasion bannochops might be right.

SallyKate
07-09-2014, 10:49 AM
I'm a 'baby boomer'generation wise Katch. Wisdom with age as they say - or not in my cases. I din't know you was such a youngster.I'm not old enough t be your granny lol.

Apple crumble. Yummy yummy yum yum. I leave it alone though - it' just a pie in disguise- and believe me at my age what goes through the lips does go on the hips. (Very old and creaky hips too)

You're funny again - thank you - much better than the sour apple you have been a lately - keep it up and welcome back the real Katch.

SKT xxxx

banno
07-09-2014, 11:25 AM

SKT xxxx

I don't even know your gender.

Anyway, get with the times - us Generation Xers love to cook. I'd even say I'm a bigger talent in the Kitchen than Mrs Katch, just not in her earshot. My Apple Crumble is to die for.

If banno cooked it would involve lots of vinegar and lemon juice. What a bitter, bitter man he is - forgetful to, he was only tipping Clough and THE BLADES to go up this season last week. I think on that occasion bannochops might be right.[/quote]

eerrrrrmmm, i haven't said you won't go up.
but my predictions are rhubarb ;)

Edwyn_Chevans
07-09-2014, 12:52 PM
alls good in WEDNESDAYland

Really?

All?

by the way, it's all's...

banno
07-09-2014, 03:16 PM

Really?

All?

by the way, it's all's...[/quote]

More nonce?
Yup for the minute all's good in WEDNESDAYland.
It's what happens on the grass that matters

SallyKate
08-09-2014, 12:34 PM

Really?

All?

By the way a capital B is required; no pun intended.

Rotherhamowl10
09-09-2014, 11:32 AM

Really?

All?

Oh look, it's the user who thinks young kids with disabilities is funny and should be used as an insult.

Why is this waste of space back using this forum?