PDA

View Full Version : Basil, I know you don't like guns, but.

Trickytreesreds
23-08-2014, 08:48 AM
I found this on twitter. Not your average stereotype for the profile is it? - view external link (http://www.hucknalldispatch.co.uk/news/local/retro-thinking-back-to-74-1-6793471?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed)

RedBasie
23-08-2014, 07:01 PM
I found this on twitter. Not your average stereotype for the profile is it?

At first sight no, but on second thoughts they do look like Grouse shooters, but whereas you have alsations they'd have retrievers or labradors. Not so long ago I used to ramble about Derbyshire with a rambling group on Sundays. One day towards what we thought was nearing the end of a ramble we came across a high wall with a notice which said "Duke of Devonshire's Private Grouse Moor, Keep Out". We were nearly knackered and definitely didn't want to do a lengthy detour, so we thought sod the Duke and climbed over the wall. We met no one and eventually appeared at the back of Chatsworth House rose garden. What would we have done if confronted, probably make out we were lost and ask the way. Going back to that gun club did you notice that it was formed in 1919, a year in which the Establishment feared that the Bolsheviks might take over as they had in

RedBasie
23-08-2014, 07:20 PM
Having said that it does make you wonder our people can take over large tracts of land and prevent others from going on it. I bet the Scots were absolutely livid when the Highland Clearances took place. Me and my wife was on Exmoor and went into a pub in Exford where everyone who lives there is connected with the Somerset and Devon staghounds. Everyone froze and just stared at us while we were there. What was our crime, I just had a Friends of the Earth sticker on my back pack.

Trickytreesreds
23-08-2014, 08:18 PM
Having said that it does make you wonder our people can take over large tracts of land and prevent others from going on it. I bet the Scots were absolutely livid when the Highland Clearances took place. Me and my wife was on Exmoor and went into a pub in Exford where everyone who lives there is connected with the Somerset and Devon staghounds. Everyone froze and just stared at us while we were there. What was our crime, I just had a Friends of the Earth sticker on my back pack.

Oh c'mon Basie, it wasn't really the FOE sticker was it? XD XD XD

http://i57.tinypic.com/1ih1rr.jpg

Romanis
23-08-2014, 08:39 PM
Don't talk about guns. I saw a headline today - Man pelted to death by oranges in South Africa. Was too busy to read. Will do tomorrow.

RedBasie
24-08-2014, 07:50 AM
Tricky - Aspiring local politician Elvis Bus Pass Party said in an interview on Radio Nottingham that he didn't like UKIP because they were pressing for a relaxation of gun laws in this country. I know that you own guns and support UKIP, so what say you on the subject?

Trickytreesreds
24-08-2014, 09:05 AM
Tricky - Aspiring local politician Elvis Bus Pass Party said in an interview on Radio Nottingham that he didn't like UKIP because they were pressing for a relaxation of gun laws in this country. I know that you own guns and support UKIP, so what say you on the subject?

Ok Basie, I'll be serious for a change.

I think they should- here's my argument

1. There was nothing wrong with the old laws. The police failed to do their job(again)
Both Michael Ryan and Thomas Hamilton were known unstable cases and several complaints had been registered against them. The Police failed to act. They should have had their licenses revoked immediately.

2. The country like any other in the world has it's own Olympic shooting team. Yet handguns are now banned, so even .22 rifle precision suffers due to club closure.
Yes, I would support a ban on certain weapons, but do you class a .22 RF pistol, in the same league as a .45 Full cartridge Magnum? No.

RedBasie
24-08-2014, 09:36 AM
And why are UKIP getting involved, and why do they want gun laws relaxing ? They all can't all be sensible law abiding sane gun owners like yourself who haven't flipped their wig yet.

Trickytreesreds
24-08-2014, 01:01 PM
And why are UKIP getting involved, and why do they want gun laws relaxing ? They all can't all be sensible law abiding sane gun owners like yourself who haven't flipped their wig yet.

I can only assume, they've been asked to look at it, as a political party?
If you cast your mind back to the original media witch hunt and uproar. The press ran their own campaign for the ban to,
a. sell newspapers
b. whip up feelings on the grief of the tragedies
c. muddy the waters as to why it happened.
We all know that Politicians/ The Police/ the Criminal justice system/ the press moguls/ money men are part of an elitist establishment, that watch others backs.
A scape goat had to be found and the easiest option, was the legal/law abiding owner.

Did the politicians, really want to ban fox hunting? No, they didn't. But it would cost them votes, so they went along with it.
It was suggested that mother earth brigade wanted fishing banned. However,

RedBasie
24-08-2014, 02:09 PM

I can only assume, they've been asked to look at it, as a political party?
If you cast your mind back to the original media witch hunt and uproar. The press ran their own campaign for the ban to,
a. sell newspapers
b. whip up feelings on the grief of the tragedies
c. muddy the waters as to why it happened.
We all know that Politicians/ The Police/ the Criminal justice system/ the press moguls/ money men are part of an elitist establishment, that watch others backs.
A scape goat had to be found and the easiest option, was the legal/law abiding owner.

Did the politicians, really want to ban fox hunting? No, they didn't. But it would cost them votes, so they went along with it.
It was suggested that