PDA

View Full Version : as you know...

redgreggie
24-08-2014, 12:13 PM
as you know I can't get to games any more, I listen to Radio Sheffield at the weekend, either for the commentary or updates during the game...

how different to when I was a kid, either asking anyone getting off the bus (hoping they'd been to the match) what the score was or trying to make sure you watched the results on the tele...

luxury is when our match is on Sky...specially when it's like the game against Leeds last season.

but what a breath of fresh air this season is starting off as, unbelievable.

the game yesterday, sounded as though we were all over them, the 0-3 lead by no means flattered us, quite the opposite, they were lucky to get on the score sheet.

praise can only be to Mr Gray and the whole team.

I'm not bothered about the takeover, though a wee bit of strengthening (mainly to cover for injuries)would be welcome, it would be so nice to see that Mr Mandaric reviews his commitment to us and decides to continue with us, that bit of stability would be excellent.

Just

braggyowl
25-08-2014, 10:54 AM
Great post Ray, as always. :)

redgreggie
25-08-2014, 11:16 AM
cheers braggy...just been sniggering, like the imbecile I am, after reading the banter between GreasyChip/SallyKate and yourself...that's what these boards are for...sod the spiteful stuff, let's keep it nice...the world would be a better place all round...

reminds me of a few years ago, I was watching Newsnight (I use to concern myself about 'worldly' things back then...till I realised there's no point)...

a war was kicking off in the Middle East, Afghanistan maybe (perm any one country from ten)...it showed these people fleeing, it showed a young lad with (probably) his grandad in a wheelbarrow, that the young lad was pushing...

it dawned on me then...that's where they went wrong...they were never on It's a Knockout!!!!!!!

they'd have had a far better sense of humour if they had partaken!

wouldn't have been so many wars.

ray...in Batley.

braggyowl
25-08-2014, 11:24 AM
Nice one Ray...XD

The world would be a far, far better place if everyone was like you that's a cert. :)