PDA

View Full Version : City v Liverpool

bonzosbest74
25-08-2014, 07:31 PM
Bloody hell there are some good players on the pitch (and Joe Allen), Liverpool are building quite a squad with Enrique, Balotelli, Lallana, Markovic, Lambert & Agger not even in the team.

bonzosbest74
25-08-2014, 07:42 PM
Liverpool have all the game but City score to go 1-0 up, Allardyce would approve.

BillyDWhizz
25-08-2014, 08:55 PM
They've done a spuds and spunked a shed load of money and gone backwards. City on the other hand look bloody frightening.

WHU
25-08-2014, 09:05 PM
don't agree with that billy. two very well matched sides mostly but city have the cutting edge and extra stability at the back. most of the game was even with liverpool by far the better team first half.

great to see two teams playing proper football. thoroughly enjoyed the game. passing and moving with width. i can remember a bit of that back in the day at our place.

bonzosbest74
25-08-2014, 09:25 PM
City were clinical.

Whiskyman
25-08-2014, 10:42 PM
They've done a spuds and spunked a shed load of money and gone backwards. City on the other hand look bloody frightening.

Time will tell but, on paper at least,I think their signings have more quality than the ones Spurs brought in with the Bale money.

redhammer88
25-08-2014, 10:46 PM
Markovic certainly looks good.

As for the spurs players, I think they'll come good this season (unfortunately) think lamela will be up there for team of the season. When at Roma, he was special.

SepticHammer
25-08-2014, 11:19 PM
I liked the way Liverpool moved the ball, but CIty had the finishing.

Sturrige looked cack, while Markovic, Moreno & Balotelli will improve the bin robbers imo.

Taansend
26-08-2014, 12:03 AM
Markovic certainly looks good.

As for the spurs players, I think they'll come good this season (unfortunately) think lamela will be up there for team of the season. When at Roma, he was special.

I agree, mate. The players spurs bought will be a lot better having had a years Premier experience & also playing under a decent manager.

They'll be top 7 again this year. There ain't that much between 7th & 4th these days.

BlackDiamond
26-08-2014, 12:49 AM
Reports suggest Gerrard had an absolute stinker.
Suggesting he struggles these days against champions league quality opposition.

Which makes his voluntary retirement from international football welcome. Otherwise the Hodge would still be selecting him. Much the same way as Alladyke favours Nolan.

Whiskyman
26-08-2014, 05:41 AM
I liked the way Liverpool moved the ball, but CIty had the finishing.

Sturrige looked cack, while Markovic, Moreno & Balotelli will improve the bin robbers imo.

I thought Sturridge was their main goal threat tbh. Agree with you about Markovic. And Balotelli could be a good replacement for Suarez or it could all end in tears. It'll be entertaining with him around this season, that's for sure.