PDA

View Full Version : Our current situation

SMWell
28-08-2014, 08:34 AM
Does anyone not think we should have asked for a postponement for the game on Saturday? Given that other clubs have asked for their games to be postponed for a variety of different reasons don't you think we have a legitimate reason to postpone Saturdays game. If I'm not wrong there is a rule allowing teams to postpone 1 game. We also have an international break coming up so that would give us extra time to get our players back.

I think, if we play as we have recently, we'll get a doing against st Johnstone and get sucked even more away from the teams above us.

What's everyone's thoughts? Is it just the Motherwell way that we don't use the rules like others?

Handsome_Devil
28-08-2014, 08:46 AM
you can postpone only from the first four games - so we could have moved St Mirren or ICT.

And I suspect the timeframe for asking would have been before our injury situation became clear.

Wellup4it
28-08-2014, 09:36 AM
Its almost impossible to get a postponement on the grounds of a long injury list.

Handsome_Devil
28-08-2014, 10:23 AM
I presume it was meant to get a postponement the way Celtic and Aberdeen have been doing which you just have to ask for.

wellowell
28-08-2014, 03:00 PM
Agree its too late now aberdeen able to do just to get a break but has to be in 1st 4 games and as their played you could have 10 injuries and would still have to play it. We are just playing pants at the moment only person really missed is hammell rest just need to get their finger out obrien will come in for kerr i presume and thats it .