PDA

View Full Version : Attendances again - drives me mad

WhitbyOwl
31-08-2014, 12:56 PM
This topic keeps appearing, it's latest form has risen on pig mad re the Forrest game attendance. Both sets of fans are as bad as each other though, it's an obsession which is embarrassing.

To clarify united get good attendances for a top ten team in its 4th season in division 3. Wednesday get good attendances for a regular lower half championship team.

To be fair I would have thought there would have been more yesterday bear in mind our current position. That's TV for you though.

If both teams were in the same division with equal success they would be hitting the same attendance figures give or take a couple of hundred either way.

You have to take in to account the cost of attending matches, TV and people working weekends nowadays.

Frankly both teams could manage comfortably with a shared 25k stadium. In fact I wish they would do this, joint costs, better facilities, long term security for both clubs. A nearly always full 25k stadium is better than a half full 40k stadium.

Ne

Rotherhamowl10
31-08-2014, 01:56 PM
Just seen the thread on owlsmad2 - oh dear.

They do they know we get the higher gates and have done for a number of years?

Category A game, not a bad attendance and a good turn out from Forest.

I think they are still hurt from us getting bigger home and away attendances when we were both on a level playing field...even though they sat above us for the majority of it - until they bottled it and Evans decided to take the law into his own hands of course.

braggyowl
31-08-2014, 02:05 PM
Where's Mahat when you need him! XD

Ginger_Potts
31-08-2014, 02:08 PM
I'm not much of a Stats Man,but don't we average bigger gates whenever we are in the same div ? :? .

aussieowl
31-08-2014, 08:36 PM
Attendancezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzz.

Katchouro
31-08-2014, 08:38 PM
Just seen the thread on owlsmad2 - oh dear.

They do they know we get the higher gates and have done for a number of years?

Category A game, not a bad attendance and a good turn out from Forest.

I think they are still hurt from us getting bigger home and away attendances when we were both on a level playing field...even though they sat above us for the majority of it - until they bottled it and Evans decided to take the law into his own hands of course.

A thread highlighting the absurdity of 'attendance banter' (which I agree with) and Rov comes out with this.

You couldn't make it up. XD XD XD XD

Rotherhamowl10
01-09-2014, 11:43 AM
Just highlighting my opinion on the attendance debate and how stupid some of the comments are in that thread.

Would have done so in the actual thread, but like so many, the dictatorship of owlsmad2 don't approve of Wednesday fans challenging their posts...

banno
07-09-2014, 11:41 AM
[quote="WhitbyOwl"]This topic keeps appearing, it's latest form has risen on pig mad re the Forrest game attendance. Both sets of fans are as bad as each other though, it's an obsession which is embarrassing.

To clarify united get good attendances for a top ten team in its 4th season in division 3. Wednesday get good attendances for a regular lower half championship team.

To be fair I would have thought there would have been more yesterday bear in mind our current position. That's TV for you though.

If both teams were in the same division with equal success they would be hitting the same attendance figures give or take a couple of hundred either way.

You have to take in to account the cost of attending matches, TV and people working weekends nowadays.

Frankly both teams could manage comfortably with a shared 25k stadium. In fact I wish they would do this, joint costs, better facilities, long term security for both clubs. A nearly always full 25k stad

Positive_Blade59
01-10-2014, 07:51 PM
[quote="banno"]This topic keeps appearing, it's latest form has risen on pig mad re the Forrest game attendance. Both sets of fans are as bad as each other though, it's an obsession which is embarrassing.

Frankly both teams could manage comfortably with a shared 25k stadium. In fact I wish they would do this, joint costs, better facilities, long term security for

lansdowneoldskool
02-10-2014, 07:14 PM
[quote="WhitbyOwl"]This topic keeps appearing, it's latest form has risen on pig mad re the Forrest game attendance. Both sets of fans are as bad as each other though, it's an obsession which is embarrassing.

Frankly both teams could manage comfortably with a shared 25k stadium. In fact I wish they would do this, joint costs, better facilities, long term security for both clubs. A nearly always full 25k stad

hirstyboywonder
02-10-2014, 07:29 PM
[quote="lansdowneoldskool"]This topic keeps appearing, it's latest form has risen on pig mad re the Forrest game attendance. Both sets of fans are as bad as each other though, it's an obsession which is embarrassing.

Frankly both teams could manage comfortably with a shared 25k stadium. In fact I wish they would do this, joint costs, better facilities, long term

lansdowneoldskool
03-10-2014, 07:06 AM
[quote="hirstyboywonder"]This topic keeps appearing, it's latest form has risen on pig mad re the Forrest game attendance. Both sets of fans are as bad as each other though, it's an obsession which is embarrassing.

Frankly both teams could manage comfortably with a shared 25k stadium. In fact I wish they woul

helmut_rooster
03-10-2014, 01:59 PM
[quote="lansdowneoldskool"]This topic keeps appearing, it's latest form has risen on pig mad re the Forrest game attendance. Both sets of fans are as bad as each other though, it's an obsession which is embarrassing.

Frankly both teams could manage comforta

banno
03-10-2014, 09:22 PM

Frankly both teams could manage comforta

lansdowneoldskool
04-10-2014, 06:34 AM
It was sold out for home fans: - view external link (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26404262)

hirstyboywonder
04-10-2014, 08:36 AM
It was sold out for home fans:

When we sold out home tickets in recent seasons we moved the away fans support to accommodate more home fans than the capacity of your ground can hold.

You do agree that extending a ground that has a capacity of around 32,000 is pointless when you have only attracted 30,000 once for a cup game in the past 4 seasons and don't even average 20,000 though right?

lansdowneoldskool
04-10-2014, 09:18 AM
My point was that the ground wasn't big enough the last time United were in the Prem.

Your point always is that the fans turned up to see Ronaldo despite the fact that he played one game - and the other 20 games were virtually sold out for home fans.

The fact is that more United fans turned out to see Bromby and Geary then Wendy could manage for Waddle and Hirst. XD

braggyowl
05-10-2014, 06:40 AM
Just going off topic a little bit here but...

Well done Chezzy. ;)

And it doesn't make a blind bit of difference if you took 134,000 oinkers yesterday...

Attendances don't get you three points!

Have that up you yer piggy fcker! :D

aussieowl
05-10-2014, 11:42 PM
lanzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.:zzz: downeoldskool

Katchouro
06-10-2014, 03:41 PM
Attendances don't get you three points!

Oh braggy.

Germany still had a Kaiser the last time your lot won 3 points. You're dropping down the league like a stone and performances are getting worse and worse.

How did Wednesday get on for their last visit to Chesterfield ... does Megson mull over that 90 minutes when he's pottering around in his garden pondering why the most intelligent fans in the country turned against him?

braggyowl
06-10-2014, 04:00 PM
hahaahah...That reply sounds so, so desperate Katch...

Good owd Chezzy...Proper turned you over again and fatty gets sent off after the ex Owl's Oscar winning performance.

btw...We're four points off the top...Couple of wins and we're still up there in the promotion chasing pack...Hardly dropping like a stone is it desperate dan...Er, I mean Katch. :P

Katchouro
06-10-2014, 04:10 PM
It does make me chuckle reading all this 'promotion chasing' rhetoric. Is Auntie-New-He's hard working going to fire you into the big time then? XD Is the Drenthe stardust working? Has Mattock learnt even the basics of how to defend?

Concentrate on not going down, that's the main achievement to be had for Mandy's skint minnows.

No sour grapes from me over Sat'day - Spireites deserved the win ... just like they did when they stuck the knife into Megson.

hirstyboywonder
06-10-2014, 05:02 PM
It does make me chuckle reading all this 'promotion chasing' rhetoric. Is Auntie-New-He's hard working going to fire you into the big time then? XD Is the Drenthe stardust working? Has Mattock learnt even the basics of how to defend?

Concentrate on not going down, that's the main achievement to be had for Mandy's skint minnows.

No sour grapes from me over Sat'day - Spireites deserved the win ... just like they did when they stuck the knife into Megson.

At this stage of the season I will take 17 points in the Championship for a team tipped for a season of struggle.
Rather have that than be big favourites to win League One but only have 16 points having lost 4 times already.

Mattock seems to have become part of a pretty solid defence at the moment, don't think too many teams have conceded less than us in our division.
On the other hand its difficult to make any sort of case for your defence.

braggyowl
07-10-2014, 05:06 AM

Oh dear Katch, this post is even more desperate than the last.
I mean, come on, like we actually care now what Chezzy did then...I can't even remember the score. Was it the same season we got promotion? (and you didn't ;) ) really don't know.

As for the "promotion chasing rhetoric"...Like I said, we're four points from top, not bad, not bad at all.

Then you have a go at Nuhiu...XD when you've got fatty Higdon and a host of other crap strikers...

And look at our defencive

Ginger_Potts
07-10-2014, 12:13 PM
Agree Braggy, your funny mate Katchapoopoo seems to be clutching at straws.
I remember going to the Chezzie match,the team let MEGGO down big style.
Pretty damn happy on the whole.
Westwood & Lees :heart: .
Keep up the good work me old ;) .

Katchouro
07-10-2014, 09:42 PM
Really hope you come back with summert better than the last two posts Katch cos tbh I feel a little bit embarrassed for you.

Erm ... OK braggy. :?

Mattock seems to have become part of a pretty solid defence at the moment, don't think too many teams have conceded less than us in our division.
On the other hand its difficult to make any sort of case for your defence.

You do remember the 7 (seven) 0 don't you? Or is your amnesia as bad as braggy's? Bigging up your defence so soon would appear to be a wee bit daft. Mattock can't defend, we learnt that much when we had to endure him. That Navas goal is just painful to watch.

Anyway tonight is all about the JPT. JPT baby, next round here we come.

braggyowl
07-10-2014, 11:35 PM
You do realise Jeff Stelling is gonna kick your ass big time when he sees this don't you Katch? >;)

btw the 7's nowt to do with our league defence as you very well know..Hope you go all the way in that lower league paint pot thingy...Whatever they call it trophy thing..XD

It could be yet another Wembley date for you...

Let's face it, you've gotta win there one day...Surely.

banno
14-10-2014, 09:44 AM
My point was that the ground wasn't big enough the last time United were in the Prem.

Your point always is that the fans turned up to see Ronaldo despite the fact that he played one game - and the other 20 games were virtually sold out for home fans.

The fact is that more United fans turned out to see Bromby and Geary then Wendy could manage for Waddle and Hirst. XD

the big questions are,
where did those fans come from?
and more imortantly, where the f**k have they gone?
XD XD XD XD
fair weather fickle pork, how much proof do you need ?
XD XD

banno
16-10-2014, 02:09 PM

the big questions are,
where did those fans come from?
and more imortantly, where the f**k have they gone?
XD XD XD XD
fair weather fickle pork, how much proof do you need ?
XD XD[/quote]

lansdown, will you answer?
where is the missing pork thousands?
ice hockey?
meadowhall?
prison?

Positive_Blade59
04-11-2014, 09:28 PM

Well done.

hoothoot
04-11-2014, 09:56 PM

Well done.

'Attendances don't get you points'.

Beside the only seasons you talk attendances are when ours are shyte and that's not very often, enjoy the pub league son. ;D

OWLEE
04-11-2014, 10:54 PM
This guy does not want to talk about attendances, yet creates a thread on this very topic. Tries to claim the city's clubs have the same support level when in the same division. Not so. When in the same division with similar results, statistics show that Wednesday's gates are about 20% higher. It's because, like Villa in Birmingham and Forest in Nottingham, we're the bigger team in Sheffield. Now, let's just drop the subject, shall we. WM LEE of Worcester.

JJBlade
05-11-2014, 12:31 AM
[quote="hirstyboywonder"]This topic keeps appearing, it's latest form has risen on pig mad re the Forrest game attendance. Both sets of fans are as bad as each other though, it's an obsession which is embarrassing.

Frankly both teams could manage comfortably with a shared 25k stadium. In fact I wish they woul

lansdowneoldskool
05-11-2014, 08:13 AM
This guy does not want to talk about attendances, yet creates a thread on this very topic. Tries to claim the city's clubs have the same support level when in the same division. Not so. When in the same division with similar results, statistics show that Wednesday's gates are about 20% higher. It's because, like Villa in Birmingham and Forest in Nottingham, we're the bigger team in Sheffield. Now, let's just drop the subject, shall we. WM LEE of Worcester.

Poor attempt. Wendy haven't managed to average 25k this century, even in the Premier league.

almostsignedmaradona
05-11-2014, 06:53 PM
Didn't Sheffield Utd recently get 26,000 average gates 3 seasons running in the Championship.

That level of consistent support outside the top flight is something SW can only dream about.

braggyowl
06-11-2014, 01:57 PM
Yeah...And you're still sh!t.

braggyowl
06-11-2014, 01:59 PM
And still in division three...Here's to another play off fck up! B)

banno
06-11-2014, 09:59 PM
Didn't Sheffield Utd recently get 26,000 average gates 3 seasons running in the Championship.

That level of consistent support outside the top flight is something SW can only dream about.

consistent support is getting 20k for over 30 years kid, not just when some idiot throws £60m at it.
get support like ours over the last 30 years then you can talk about consistent, at the moment i wouldn't call your fans anything other than FICKLE!
still its good that you can at least start talking about attendances again, albeit for a short while :)

sheffieldrams
07-11-2014, 05:22 PM

Poor attempt. Wendy haven't managed to average 25k this century, even in the Premier league.[/quote]
Sorry Lansdown but you are completely wrong. The Owls average attendances during their most recent times in the Premier League are well over 26k and during the 97/98 season was 28.7k.
They have spent a lot more time in the Premier League than the Blades in the last 20 years and I notice you are pretty quiet about your own averag

lansdowneoldskool
07-11-2014, 07:37 PM

Poor attempt. Wendy haven't managed to average 25k this century, even in the Premier league.[/quote]
Sorry Lansdown but you are completely wrong. The Owls average attendances during their most recent times in the Premier League are well over 26k and during the 97/98 season was 28.7k.
They have spent a lot more time in the Premier League than the Blades in the last 20 years and

sheffieldrams
07-11-2014, 10:26 PM

They have spent a lot more time in the P

aussieowl
07-11-2014, 11:13 PM
You're wasting your time with this dude SR, he doesn't do discussion or debate...he's hung up on out of context one liners but hey, don't push him too far, he might end up being 'delighted' to meet up with you.

lansdowneoldskool
08-11-2014, 09:03 AM

Sorry Lansdown but you are completely wrong. The Owls average attendances during their most recent times in the Premier League are well over 26k and during the 97/98 season

sheffieldrams
08-11-2014, 09:35 AM
Was that really that long ago? I live only one mile from his old house in the Mayfield Valley. I feel very old now:? :?

braggyowl
08-11-2014, 10:15 AM
Katch never mentions any of this when he's cotinually slagging off our Chairman...I wonder why. :O