PDA

View Full Version : Next time

Tawnyowl24
01-09-2014, 04:55 PM
The pigs f uck up with a s hit attendance (like they do a lot) let's make
a big song and dance about it like they've done.

Bluestripe
01-09-2014, 06:37 PM
Poor feckless goons!
By now they figured we'd be bottom of championship...them top of Lge 1
Unable to resist the urge to p*ss and whinge, nowt else to talk about other than attendance.
As usual, the mighty WEDNESDAY gets them jibberin and jabberin...why wouldn't it! XD XD

aussieowl
01-09-2014, 10:57 PM

Don't worry Tawny, they'll be plenty that make something out of it, there always is, no matter which side of the divide you're on they'll ALWAYS be someone willing to talk about attendancezzz...Sheffielders are obsessed with em.

mahatmafoot
02-09-2014, 09:53 AM
Wot? People concerned with the other team's attendances? Never.

Rotherhamowl10
02-09-2014, 11:50 AM
I don't mind the attendance debate between two sets of rival supporters - I just find it strange that it's the team who get the lower gates doing the mickey taking.

It's mainly from the poor souls who totally don't understand the 'massive' phrase is a tongue-in-cheek saying. The same people claim the press, players and our manager exaggerate the size of our support, but then do the same thing to back their arguments up.

Katchouro
03-09-2014, 11:37 AM
It's mainly from the poor souls who totally don't understand the 'massive' phrase is a tongue-in-cheek saying.

What? Another glimpse into the strange mind of Rov.

First thing’s first, it’s not a ‘phrase’ it’s an ‘adjective’ – a sarcastic one used by people making fun of you.

The poignancy, sarcasm, humour and ridicule comes in the form of supporters/managers/officials/chairman of Wednesday over the years regularly using the word MASSIVE to describe the club. In fact the worse you got the more frequent the word MASSIVE was used. You’re not MASSIVE, you never have been MASSIVE and that’s why it’s funny to hear you mocked with the word.

It makes us laugh to hear you say it about yourselves – for you it’s ‘tongue in cheek’ to us it’s an embarrassing display of your lack of self-awareness. It’s like you’re the only ones that don’t really get the joke.

[quote="Bluestripe"]Poor feckless goons

Bluestripe
03-09-2014, 12:53 PM
It's mainly from the poor souls who totally don't understand the 'massive' phrase is a tongue-in-cheek saying.

First thing’s first, it’s not a ‘phrase’ it’s an ‘adjective’ – a sarcastic one used by people making fun of you.

The poignancy, sarcasm, humour and ridicule comes in the form of supporters/managers/officials/chairman of Wednesday over the years regularly using the word MASSIVE to describe the club. In fact the worse you got the more frequent the word MASSIVE was used. You’re not MASSIVE, you never have been MASSIVE and that’s why it’s funny to hear you mocked with the word.

It makes us laugh to hear you say it about yourselves – for you it’s ‘tongue in cheek’ to us it’s an embarrassing display of your lack of self-awareness. It’s like you’re the only ones that don’t really get the joke.

[quote="Bluestr

braggyowl
04-09-2014, 09:45 AM

[quote="Bluestr

Katchouro
04-09-2014, 10:12 AM
I'm afraid I have to be authoritative and harsh with Rov.

It's the only way he'll learn ... and big hearted 'feckless goon' that I am I've taken the lad under my wing. He won't admit it on here but he appreciates my tutelage.

Rotherhamowl10
04-09-2014, 11:47 AM

[quote="Bluestr

Katchouro
04-09-2014, 12:36 PM
More 'tongue-in-cheek' comedy stylings from Rov the MASSIVE funster.

Is 'tongue-in-cheek' a phrase? XD

ps. The latest signing didn't call you MASSIVE. He must not be in on the 'tongue-in-cheek' joke, but I suppose seeing your career go from Real to Reading and then to Wednesday wouldn't raise a smile or joke from the most cheery of souls.

braggyowl
04-09-2014, 01:25 PM
Thing is though Katch...We actually signed someone before the window closed...Dare I say it but your board seems to be in rather a bit of...Here goes... (tin hat at the ready) meltdown...When the prince came out and said "think Liverpool" I didn't realise he meant Liverpool's fourth team..XD

braggyowl
04-09-2014, 03:42 PM
Oh dear Katch you c0cked it up yet again further up the board there mate.

You got Bluestripe mixed up with MPsBlue...They sound the same though don't they...MPsBlue and Bluestripe XD XD

You're really gonna have to put your brain into gear from now on before you let your trotters loose on that keyboard of yours! B)

hirstyboywonder
04-09-2014, 04:50 PM

ps. The latest signing didn't call you MASSIVE. He must not be in on the 'tongue-in-cheek' joke, but I suppose seeing your career go from Real to Reading and then to Wednesday wouldn't raise a smile or joke from the most cheery of souls.

One your latest average signings did call you MASSIVE in an interview and got collared for it and took it back.
You lot are so hung up on this its almost as funny as goal-rich semi-finals.

Rotherhamowl10
04-09-2014, 05:27 PM

You're right, he didn't.

What did your latest signing call you? XD XD

'Think Liverpool'

Bluestripe
04-09-2014, 08:41 PM

You got Bluestripe mixed up with MPsBlue...They sound the same though don't they...MPsBlue and Bluestripe XD XD

You're really gonna have to put your brain into gear from now on before you let your trotters loose on that keyboard of yours! B)

I expect it was a simple error Braggy...even though it was a sh*tty jibe to say I'm an Owl who sucks up to blades.
Can be easily forgotten with an apology

braggyowl
04-09-2014, 11:39 PM
Katch doesn't do apologies Blue...He just shifts the goal posts all over the place to try and confuse people..Trouble is, he drops himself in it time and time again..XD

Katch...You either love him or hate him..He's a bit like Marmite bless him. XD

Rotherhamowl10
05-09-2014, 11:57 AM
Katch doesn't do apologies Blue...He just shifts the goal posts all over the place to try and confuse people..Trouble is, he drops himself in it time and time again..XD

Or ignores the thread where he's got it wrong completely in the hope it disappears...

Like it never happened ;)

braggyowl
05-09-2014, 12:07 PM
Totally changing the subject here Roth (just like Katch does) XD but are you gonna Bolton..Got mine and mi lads tickets on Monday...Supposed to be going with ar Mark but haven't phoned him yet..Will do later though. :)

Rotherhamowl10
05-09-2014, 01:56 PM
Totally changing the subject here Roth (just like Katch does) XD but are you gonna Bolton..Got mine and mi lads tickets on Monday...Supposed to be going with ar Mark but haven't phoned him yet..Will do later though. :)

I am mate.

Marks organised a minibus but I don't know if there is any room left on it. Give him a ring and see what he says...could always tell the driver to stay at home and get your lad to drive XD

braggyowl
05-09-2014, 02:22 PM
haha Just phoned him mate...Sorted...Although 8.30 is a bit early to set off when you're out on the friday night! :D

We're off to Chorley again before the match it seems...Them Geordies better not try and take our pub again...Bless em..XD XD

mcbrewer
05-09-2014, 05:11 PM

Lets not

Katchouro
05-09-2014, 09:23 PM

Ooops, lucky I've got you braggy monitoring the boards like a hawk to flag up my error.

I'd like to issue a full and frank apology to ... MPsBlue. A decent and fair Wednesday poster I've accidently insulted by confusing him with Bluestripe.

'Feckless Goons' - who even speaks like that outside of D!ck Tracey comic? Perhaps he was being 'tongue-in-cheek'. I'm obviously not an expert in 'tongue-in-cheek' humour like Rov is.

Bluestripe
06-09-2014, 06:59 AM

Or ignores the thread where he's got it wrong completely in the hope it disappears...

Like it never happened ;)[/quote]

Oh theres history is there...sigh!
Even so, having made a GENUINE mistake I'd still apologise - lest someone thought me dishonest...or that by shooting off at the mouth, I'd made a fool of myself?

banno
06-09-2014, 11:33 PM

Don't worry Tawny, they'll be plenty that make something out of it, there always is, no matter which side of the divide you're on they'll ALWAYS be someone willing to talk about attendancezzz...Sheffielders are obsessed with em.[/quote]

been working in nottingham quite a bit lately and its not just a sheffield thing.
derby and forest fans are just as bad and the first question often asked after an away trip is "how many did they take?" rather than "how did they play?".

the attendance topic isn't even debatable in sheffield.
records will back up the fact that WEDNESDAY have more fans and higher attendances than there curly tailed neighbours.
FACTAROONEY!!!!

banno
06-09-2014, 11:36 PM

Ooops, lucky I've got you braggy monitoring the boards like a hawk to flag up my error.

I'd like to issue a full and frank apology to ... MPsBlue. A decent and fair Wednesday poster I've accidently insulted by confusing him with Bluestripe.

'Feckless Goons' - who even speaks like that outside of D!ck Tracey comic? Perhaps he was being 'tongue-in-cheek'. I'm obviously not an expert in 'tongue-in-cheek' humour like Rov is.[/quote]

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
thats pigtalk for "yes i was wrong"
XD XD

Bluestripe
07-09-2014, 06:57 PM

'Feckless Goons' - who even speaks like that outside of D!ck Tracey comic? Perhaps he was being 'tongue-in-cheek'. I'm obviously not an expert in 'tongue-in-cheek' humour like Rov is.[/quote]

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
thats pigtalk for "yes i was wrong"
XD XD[/quote]