PDA

View Full Version : England

lazaat
03-09-2014, 09:07 PM
Struggled to beat a very poor Norway 1-0 thanks to a penalty. Wembley was over half empty, it was in my opinion a very poor uninspired display, i did fall asleep during the second half!

I have accepted that we are now a third tier international team who on tonights evidence will be lucky to qualify for the Eurpean Championships :blue:

alfinyalcabo
03-09-2014, 09:16 PM
The great British Bake off was good tonight.. B)

gaz1959
03-09-2014, 09:54 PM
Swindon Wildcats beat MK 6-1 :D

Oldtimeram
04-09-2014, 07:08 AM
Glad i watched something else. Bunch of jokers

Rooney as captain...you cannot be serious. He cannot even spell the word captain, never mind be one!!

Stan_van_nel
04-09-2014, 08:15 PM
I have accepted that we are now a third tier international team who on tonights evidence will be lucky to qualify for the Eurpean Championships :blue:

If we don't qualify from that group then we want to be wrapping up the national side and sacking it off. Of course we'll qualify from that group.

If anyone was expecting a classic from last nights run about then it must have been their first game of watching us.

I lasted 25 minutes (mainly because I had something else I needed to do) it was rubbish and the same problems are there with the 'new guard' as they were with the 'old guard'. Trying to tip tap it around the edge of the box and walk it in to the goal. We just don't have the players to do that. Get it down the wings and sling it o'er, back to basics.

OTR - I don't like Rooney either but who do you think should be England captain? There's only one who can come close in that team to being captain instead of Rooney, and that

Stan_van_nel
04-09-2014, 08:20 PM
Oh aye, I'll be watching the game against Switzerland and cheering them on as usual.

Friendlies I'm not really bothered about but proper games... Come On England. B)

gaz1959
04-09-2014, 08:27 PM
Oh aye, I'll be watching the game against Switzerland and cheering them on as usual.

Friendlies I'm not really bothered about but proper games... Come On England. B)

Have you checked you haven't got something else to da Stan?

Oldtimeram
05-09-2014, 07:21 AM

If we don't qualify from that group then we want to be wrapping up the national side and sacking it off. Of course we'll qualify from that group.

If anyone was expecting a classic from last nights run about then it must have been their first game of watching us.

I lasted 25 minutes (mainly because I had something else I needed to do) it was rubbish and the same problems are there with the 'new guard' as they were with the 'old guard'. Trying to tip tap it around the edge of the box and walk it in to the goal. We just don't have the players to do that. Get it down the wings and sling it o'er, back to basics.

OTR - I don't like Rooney either but who do you think should be England captain? There's only one who can come close in that

gaz1959
05-09-2014, 07:58 AM
'Arry knows ya know B) O:) - view external link (http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/sep/04/harry-redknapp-england-players-norway)

lazaat
05-09-2014, 05:07 PM
Does it matter who is captain? It wont make any difference, they are a bunch of losers! I agree Stan we most likely will qualify out of this very easy group, but then unless things drastically change we shall again be humiliated at the tournament!! I agree with Rammy, i just don't care about the national team anymore.

SaddlerTom
06-09-2014, 07:43 PM
One day I hope Roy Hodgeson / whoever is the coach after we fail miserably in the Euros realises Rooney Can not perform at an international level.
Gerrard is past his prime years now, Rooney has been reliably awful for the past 2 world cups. we have a few good wide players in Nathan Redmond who I watched a bit at blues and is a real talent and Raheem Sterling.
Joe Hart frustrates me, He is one of the best in the World but time and time again screws up, cant blame him all the time when our best defenders idea of playing away is sleeping with the full backs wife, Maybe being a bit unfair on Cahill there who is decent.
Sturridge will be our star up front.

knockout stages of the euros will be ambitious.

gaz1959
06-09-2014, 10:15 PM
What ever will be will be Tom

I'm past getting all het up about England these days as there are too many jerks involved

I just try and enjoy a game of football these day

We do have some talent in Sterling and Sturridge

Yes Rooney and Gerrard should be history

When young Michael Owen was part of a young England team that beat the Germans 5-1 - the World seemed to be our lobster but mis-management put paid to that

Than Copello put paid to any enthusiasm I had left

I still want England to do well of course but I can't be ****d to put myself through the heart ache

SaddlerTom
07-09-2014, 07:47 AM
Never really bothered with the world cup, watched all three England games but was hard to be enthusiastic about that lot.
What I liked about Hodgeson is that he played some entertaining football, unlike that coppello.

don't bother watching the friendlies, a half empty wembley is just as depressing as the scoreline. At least there will be 80,000+ there for the NFL B)

Stan_van_nel
08-09-2014, 09:21 PM
I know that Laz and OTR 'do not take any interest in the national team' or 'care about the national team anymore' (even though one has started this thread and t'other has made many posts and threads about them over the last week or so ;D ) but England won 2-0.

We (?) played quite well and should have by more goals, having said that there is still a lot of work to do with that team.

Joe Hart didn't make any clangers OTR, in fact he made a couple of very good saves and was solid throughout. His kicking wasn't very good though, I suppose it's because of them (Coco) Clown shoes he wears.

Switzerland 0 The Losers 2

:D

gaz1959
08-09-2014, 10:03 PM
:D :D :D :D :D

ENGERLAND! ENGERLAND ! ENGERLAND !

EEI EI EI EI O UP THE FOOTBALL HERE WE GO!

WE ARE ENGLAND! WE ARE ENGLAND! WELBECK IS OUR KING!

Oldtimeram
08-09-2014, 11:44 PM
I know that Laz and OTR 'do not take any interest in the national team' or 'care about the national team anymore' (even though one has started this thread and t'other has made many posts and threads about them over the last week or so ;D ) but England won 2-0.

We (?) played quite well and should have by more goals, having said that there is still a lot of work to do with that team.

Joe Hart didn't make any clangers OTR, in fact he made a couple of very good saves and was solid throughout. His kicking wasn't very good though, I suppose it's because of them (Coco) Clown shoes he wears.

Switzerland 0 The Losers 2

:D

Coco will return, mark my words. Once a clown always a clown.

As for England, despite the result, normal service will be resumed next time we play.

lion1
09-09-2014, 12:03 PM
A good win v the swiss but find it hard still to wacth.The diamond role of play!!

It seems mad to build up than pass back and across the back ranks,I know mick mac had a smiliar patten at the den when he was boss,but ****ing boring.

Stan_van_nel
09-09-2014, 04:42 PM
As for England, despite the result, normal service will be resumed next time we play.

San Marino at home. XD

Oldtimeram
09-09-2014, 05:49 PM
I said a game. No matter what anyone thinks about England, playing San Marino is not a game of football. Have you ever been to the place? It is only the size of a large village with a population of about 20,000.

Even England should be able to beat that lot!!

paderbornclaret
09-09-2014, 07:56 PM
I said a game. No matter what anyone thinks about England, playing San Marino is not a game of football. Have you ever been to the place? It is only the size of a large village with a population of about 20,000.

Even England should be able to beat that lot!!

Didn't they score an early goal against us once?...XD

As someone said recently...'it's harder not to qualify'

Ball retention was better, and we played it more on the ground...although panic hoooooofs still aplenty.

At the end of the day...Milner is ****...always was and always will be.

He's got 50 caps...that's more than Geoff Hurst. Shocking. :blue:

gaz1959
09-09-2014, 08:45 PM
Hurst with only 50 caps :O

Perhaps the answer is rotation of players to include the youngsters?

Stan_van_nel
09-09-2014, 08:46 PM
I said a game.

No you didn't, you said 'next time we play'. ;D

What exactly have the current England players done to offend you OTR?

I mean not being good enough is hardly an excuse to hate them. ;D

gaz1959
09-09-2014, 08:58 PM
XD

I love em and want to cuddle em till the melt in my arms :heart:

paderbornclaret
09-09-2014, 09:03 PM
I would 'cuddle' Milner soo much...it fckin hurt.

gaz1959
09-09-2014, 09:07 PM
I would 'cuddle' Milner soo much...it fckin hurt.

Can't hate Milner as he was a gem when he briefly played for us scoring 2 in 6

We springboarded his career ;D

Oldtimeram
09-09-2014, 09:14 PM
I said a game.

No you didn't, you said 'next time we play'. ;D

What exactly have the current England players done to offend you OTR?

I mean not being good enough is hardly an excuse to hate them. ;D[/quote]

You knew exactly what I meant, you are just being pedantic now.

When have I said I hate them? I haven't.

It is very simple as far as I am concerned;

The football is boring, they have been embarrassingly poor since the World Cup debacle in South Africa. I do not enjoy watching them and I think Joe Hart is vastly overrated, but I do not hate any of them as you are incorrectly accusing me of saying.

paderbornclaret
09-09-2014, 09:14 PM
'We springboarded his career'

You Robins have a lot to answer for...

gaz1959
09-09-2014, 09:25 PM
'We springboarded his career'

You Robins have a lot to answer for...

He slotted in instantly and he was the first example for me to see how annoying and tedious the loan market can be

We do have a lot to answer for Paders >:) but I won't go there ;D

gaz1959
09-09-2014, 09:28 PM
Rammy - I think Joe Harte is brilliant and has made a couple of mistakes

There is only a couple of keeper better than him Buffon; Petr Chech

Oldtimeram
09-09-2014, 09:34 PM
We shall just have to agree to disagree.

He does make some good saves and can play well, but he makes far too many poor decisions than is acceptable in my opinion.

Stan_van_nel
09-09-2014, 09:43 PM

The football is boring, they have been embarrassingly poor since the World Cup debacle in South Africa. I do not enjoy watching them and I think Joe Hart is vastly overrated, but I do not hate any of them as you are incorrectly accusing me of saying.

No not being pedantic at all. I can only read the words that I see on my screen and 'next time we play' means San Marino, which is the next time we play.

No you haven't said that you hate them but you haven't had a decent word to say about them on several threads in the last week. So you find them boring that's alright, when I find something boring I don't keep going on about it especially if 'I don't care' about something either.

You say embarrassingly poor since South Africa but we've qualified for both the major tournaments

gaz1959
09-09-2014, 09:45 PM
We shall just have to agree to disagree.

He does make some good saves and can play well, but he makes far too many poor decisions than is acceptable in my opinion.

I see what you are saying but I have to disagree as a matter of principle >:) XD

Oldtimeram
09-09-2014, 09:51 PM
We must always stick to our principles of course ;D

gaz1959
09-09-2014, 09:52 PM

No not being pedantic at all. I can only read the words that I see on my screen and 'next time we play' means San Marino, which is the next time we play.

No you haven't said that you hate them but you haven't had a decent word to say about them on several threads in the last week. So you find them boring that's alright, when I find something boring I don't keep going on about it especially if 'I don't care' about something either.

You say embarrassingly poor since South Africa b

Stan_van_nel
09-09-2014, 10:04 PM
But it gets harder to be enthusiastic due to the aforementioned state of English football

That is fair comment Gaz and quite understandable for anyone.

Second ever youngest England side out on Monday and I think that is something to be excited about.

It maybe isn't for everyone but there you go.

At least I've learnt something from this thread, James Milner played for the Robins. B)

gaz1959
09-09-2014, 10:11 PM
I am always the optimist Stan

I used to get so excited about watching England

But watching Copoutta manage us killed me as it made me realise what an embarrassment our FA are

Let's hope this "young" side can make us loud and proud once more as nothing more will please me better than annoying the whole neighbourhood again with my shoutings B)

Oldtimeram
09-09-2014, 10:12 PM

You say embarrassingly poor since South Africa b

Altobelli
09-09-2014, 10:32 PM
Don't take it to heart Rammy.

Me and Stan can never agree on things with Burnley yet we are both Clarets, nowt funnier than folk eh :)

Stan_van_nel
09-09-2014, 10:45 PM
For a nation of 60 million people I honestly think the present crop of England players are not very good, with a few exceptions, who are showing promise, but as yet are not the finished article.

As for Monday night, yes we won and they have to be given credit for getting a result where no many people expected them to, which is a sign of how
far we have sunk in world football. Switzerland should never be in a position to beat England, well at one time, that was the view.

You see that is what we are talking about when we talk about hype. You seem to have succumbed to the hype.

We are a country who has won the World Cup only once and have only got as far as the semi finals twice. We also haven't won the European Championships. So what makes you/others think that we should just roll over teams like Switzerland?

Population size is a load of nonsense in this debate if you understand where the top division of English footba

lazaat
10-09-2014, 02:19 AM
I thought England were bad at the 2010 world cup in South Africa but the 2014 world cup in Brazil was England's worst ever performance in a major tournament!

I suppose after years of being optimistic at every tournament i have finally come to realise and accept that basically we are most likely never going to produce a good national team again? We could blame all the foreign players excluding young English talent from playing in the premier league but this doesn't explain why since 1970 we have had poor national teams apart from 1990 when we reached the semi finals of the world cup and 1996 when we did ok at Wembley in the Euros only to be beaten yet again by penalties (by Germany).

I suppose the reason why i don't really care any more (or pretend not to care) is because it hurts me when we are embarrassed in front of the world like at the recent debacle in Brazil, but i would love to be proved wrong and see us produce an exciting and winning national team.

We will always produce

Oldtimeram
10-09-2014, 05:12 PM
Don't take it to heart Rammy.

Me and Stan can never agree on things with Burnley yet we are both Clarets, nowt funnier than folk eh :)

Not taken it to heart. I really do not have anything more to say on this subject at present.

I have said all I want to say and do not want to repeat myself. To be honest I am not really bothered whether Stan and I agree on anything or not. We each have our own views and that is fine by me.

gaz1959
10-09-2014, 06:36 PM
Where there is hope there will be a chance B)

paderbornclaret
10-09-2014, 08:29 PM
Couldn't believe my mate found it 'boring' too. I thought it was anything but.

At the end of the day it was an 'upset'...we are that far away in the Fifa ranking...we fcking won away ffs!!!

The only disappointment was to see Milner again...I just don't understand how he gets picked time after time from several England Managers over the years...he must be great in the dressing room...or shower...or summat.

Rather we lost (as against Italy) playing young lads and attacking football as to the old guard getting wheeled out and going down to embarrassing displays.

Long way to go...but it's a start.