PDA

View Full Version : Bristol City

fletcher9
05-09-2014, 05:37 PM
Even though we have undoubtedly improved both the general standard of football and our overall attacking threat in recent games it is hard to make a case for us getting anything out of a trip to Ashton Gate. A point from this fixture would be every bit as good an effort as either of the two home wins this week.

If, as I suspect, we fail to get anything, I just hope it's with more style and determination than we showed in what was a similarly difficult fixture at Swindon on the opening day.

fletcher9
07-09-2014, 03:50 PM
Pretty much panned out as expected really.

Main performance points:

Adelakun. An absolute passenger when he has games like this. Time for a return to the last 30 minutes at home for him. You really can't afford to be playing with ten men when the going gets tough. Still just a boy though and he will come again.

McSheffrey. Looks by far our most creative and threatening player now he's playing off the striker.

Madden. Time for a change? Really needs to be holding the ball up better to give us time to get further up the pitch.

Canavan. Oh dear. Still not able to concentrate for the full 90 mins. Very poor attempt or non-attempt I should say at a challenge for the ***** first goal.

Nolan. We need a right back.

Olejnik. As good a keeper as Slocombe. Slocombe is probably more athletic but Olejnik commands his area better.