PDA

View Full Version : Coventry City

wolves71
05-09-2014, 06:59 PM
They are back playing at the Ricoh Arena tonight, 25k+ crowd expected and Wolves' Kourtney Hause in opposition for his loan club Gillingham.

JonDeWolf
05-09-2014, 07:10 PM
Really good to see Cov back at the Ricoh and a great atmosphere there tonight- wish they'd have sorted this for last season tho :(

TundraWolf
05-09-2014, 07:12 PM
Good to seem them back home again, a rough time of late which has left their supporters in a fairly helpless and frustrating position...more power to them!

Update: Coventry 1-0, at the nine minute mark!

Evewolf65
05-09-2014, 07:12 PM
Great to see them 'back home' can only imagine what last season must have been like for Cov fans.

wolves71
05-09-2014, 07:13 PM
I was hoping the same JDW, one think i wish for is i finally get to see Wolves play Coventry at their home ground, also missed out on going there.

Ex Wolves forward Frank Nouble puts the sky blues in front.

JonDeWolf
05-09-2014, 07:41 PM
I saw a couple of games there during the Olympics- nice ground. I was gutted they weren't there last season.

Hope KJ's watching this Haynes kid

Evewolf65
05-09-2014, 07:45 PM
I was hoping the same JDW, one think i wish for is i finally get to see Wolves play Coventry at their home ground, also missed out on going there.

Didn't you ever go to Highfield Road Gav?

wolves71
05-09-2014, 07:59 PM

Didn't you ever go to Highfield Road Gav?[/quote]

Unfortunately i never managed to go there, the fixture either clashed with something else or it was financial. That's why i'm hoping we can either get them in the cup or maybe a pre-season friendly.

TundraWolf
06-09-2014, 02:17 AM
A 1-0 win over Gillingham, may Coventry continue to prosper and replace us in the Championship when we move up next season!

abbobrom
06-09-2014, 08:51 AM
I watched most of what I considered to be a poor game at times. There was no lack of enthusiasm but certainly the skill level was low. Players trying to hit thirty yard passes with little accuracy and lack of composure and correct decision making near the opposition goal.

I had forgotten that Kourtney Hause was one of ours, he did look quite impressive and I admit to thinking that, Kenny ourght to take a look at this lad. It must be an age thing.

greystone16
06-09-2014, 06:08 PM
Fantastic crowd, more than we can pull in, but we'll see how long it lasts if the results don't go their way, similarly IF we win our next two matches wonder what our crowd will be for Bolton at the Mol.

WOODLANDSWOLF
06-09-2014, 06:39 PM

Didn't you ever go to Highfield Road Gav?[/quote]

Unfortunately i never managed to go there, the fixture either clashed with something else or it was financial. That's why i'm hoping we can either get them in the cup or maybe a pre-season friendly.[/quote]

I got there back in the day, great day out. Can't remember the year or the score, big crowd though. The only thing I can remember is that they had a huge hairy ar sed defender called George Curtis.

I think the record attendance for Highfield Road was 50,000 plus! Hard to imagine.

Big George!

http://i57.tinypic.com/fz51rq.jpg

Good luck to the Sky Blues,

wolves71
06-09-2014, 07:23 PM
A player before my time, but remember both Curtis and John Sillett from their part in Coventry City winning the fa cup in 1987.

Dudleywolf
06-09-2014, 08:04 PM
Fantastic crowd, more than we can pull in, but we'll see how long it lasts if the results don't go their way, similarly IF we win our next two matches wonder what our crowd will be for Bolton at the Mol.

Disagree that its more than we can pull in ! have you forgot the 28000 v Orient, 29000 v carlisle and 30,000 v Rotherham already ?

greystone16
07-09-2014, 02:32 PM
Maybe I should have said so far this season which I think have been very disappointing at under 22000 to watch a winning team playing some exciting football. As I said it 'll be interesting to see what the crowd is for Bolton.

Woking88
07-09-2014, 03:01 PM
I saw the replay and second replay FAC3 matches against Coventry in 1983-84. The only time I ever went to Highfield Road.

A dreadful season that one, with only six wins from start to finish, followed by the inevitable relegation! :blue: