PDA

View Full Version : Attempted flash for cash

smithythemiller
05-09-2014, 09:40 PM
I have just been turning right on fitzwilliam road, coming from asda on to the eastwood trading estate just before the fire station.An Asian taxi driver flashed me yes i am aware of the scam but just lost concentration.The minute i set off i saw him speed up which i also did he missed me by inches.I tried to get after him to get details but he got on to the roundabout before i could.It was an old silver Toyota Avensis,It had a taxi plate on the back. Yet again the Asians strike.They wouldnt care if i was seriously hurt or killed,all for a quick buck.

djsld
06-09-2014, 01:45 AM
For arguments sake, could you enlighten the ones such as myself who have no idea what you are talking about...

Ellis_D
06-09-2014, 01:48 AM
For arguments sake, could you enlighten the ones such as myself who have no idea what you are talking about...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-23717575

ivor_b_hardy
06-09-2014, 04:47 AM
Here's the link (in the box) ;D - view external link (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-23717575)

Lloydstreet
06-09-2014, 05:43 AM
Just buy a cheap action camera for your dash similar to the ones like gopro,only alot cheaper.There are some good ones on the market,and I don't mean Rth market.
I bought the SJ4000,terrific quality at a fraction of the price of a gopro.
In Russia it has become an epidemic what with people throwing themselves at vehicles,even when they're stationary,to claim compensation..it's crazy.
The SJ4000 is good for taking with you anywhere,and most come with a kit with all sorts of fittings,eg..for your dash,bike handlebars,crash helmets etc...
Worth a look,could save you loads of grief/

Lloyd...utm's

smithythemiller
06-09-2014, 06:30 AM
That's what I'm going to do Lloyd I was thinking about it, last night confirmed how easy it is. They didn't even know who was in the car kids elderly or anything. If he had of hit me and I'd of managed to get out I'd get my money's worth on the lowlife scum.

scum_triumphant
06-09-2014, 07:53 AM
In these cases the dash cam wouldn't help much apart from showing what a cun t the driver is. A flash of the headlights isn't a sign for you to pull out in legal terms.

millertop
06-09-2014, 08:34 AM
I thought the police had clamped down on it, obviously not.
Luckily you got a way without being hit.

Tbh I've never experienced it myself .

smithythemiller
06-09-2014, 09:10 AM
They have clamped down on it. It is a majour crime now after a girl was killed last year from one. They use taxis for more claim money saying it was full,loss of earnings and so on. It affects everyone's premium. He didn't get me this time as odviously he couldn't swerve into me as the police would of figured this out. He'll just move on to some other poor person. I hope he dies in the crash I'll be honest

crashbang
06-09-2014, 09:23 AM
Iv'e had a dash cam on for ages now. I forget about it.
It comes on with the ignition, set on a 10 minute loop, If you have a bump it won't wipe that loop.
Very good.

jolly_roger
06-09-2014, 10:00 AM
Well for once this isn't something that Rotherham tops the list on.

The top 10 postcodes for this type of fraud are:-

BD9 – Bradford
B10 – Birmingham
BD3 – Bradford
B11 – Birmingham
BD9 – Bradford
B8 – Birmingham
B9 – Birmingham
B25 – Birmingham
B7 – Birmingham
BL3 – Bolton

Apart from beginning with B, I wonder what other thing they have in common?

smithythemiller
06-09-2014, 10:13 AM
I'll say it there all overpopulated with Asians. I bet there's even grooming going off too.

John2
06-09-2014, 10:13 AM
It was an old silver Toyota Avensis,It had a taxi plate on the back.

This is probably enough of a description that its worth handing over to police in case any matching vehicles are involved in a similar incident in the next week or so, might help corroborate with any victim of this type of fraud.

Yet again the Asians strike.They wouldnt care if i was seriously hurt or killed,all for a quick buck.

Well, it sounds like this individual driver certainly has a disregard for other peoples safety, "the asians" is an unfair way to phrase it and implies the guilt of many innocent people who have nothing to do with this incident and are just as frustrated at rising premiums and fraud as the rest of us.

jolly_roger
06-09-2014, 10:15 AM
"This is probably enough of a description that its worth handing over to police in case any matching vehicles are involved in a similar incident in the next week or so, might help corroborate with any victim of this type of fraud"

Just love the optimism in this statement XD

Meanwhile in the real world...?????

crashbang
06-09-2014, 10:17 AM
Best to have a cam, then it films the sole person involved in the bump.
Then it films 5 of his mates turning up and getting in the car.

John2
06-09-2014, 10:42 AM
Just love the optimism in this statement XD

Meanwhile in the real world...?????

I complained about a taxi driver illegally refusing to take us on the meter in Bristol last weekend. The man at the council couldn't believe his luck as other taxi drivers had expressed concerns about the driver in question and my description of him was sufficient corroborating evidence that they can now take action... so don't be too defeatist.

crashbang
06-09-2014, 10:47 AM
How did you describe him?

John2
06-09-2014, 12:05 PM

He didn't look Pakistani or Muslim if that's the insinuation. And even if he had, I don't think it would have proven anything. The next taxi driver who did take us on the meter was incredibly nice and friendly and was asian... but that doesn't prove anything either.

jolly_roger
06-09-2014, 12:07 PM
probably a tourist

crashbang
06-09-2014, 12:07 PM

He didn't look Pakistani or Muslim if that's the insinuation. And even if he had, I don't think it would have proven anything. The next taxi driver who did take us on the meter was incredibly nice and friendly and was asian... but that doesn't prove anything either.[/quote]

How do you look Muslim?

John2
06-09-2014, 12:13 PM
How do you look Muslim?

I said he looked like he wasn't, rather than looking like he was.

Though there are styles of clothing and hair maintenance which do point towards cultural identities where I don't think its unreasonable to suspect the individual has a higher likelihood of being Muslim.

crashbang
06-09-2014, 12:23 PM
Poor from you John.

I asked how did you describe him? I did not insinuate anything.
You are the one digging a hole mate.