PDA

View Full Version : Carl baker...

Furbz
07-09-2014, 04:47 PM
Just round at the local, and a friend of Carl bakers (after spotting my Pompey top) has told me that he is on his way to FP!! Don't know how true or if this is a short term thing, can anyone else ITK enlighten

pompeygun
07-09-2014, 05:48 PM
Attacking midfielder from Coventry, dont know anymore than you but if he's left sided could be an astute aquisition.

AndoverPFC
07-09-2014, 06:49 PM
After today I'd take Ma Baker from Boney M if it would improve the team.

lovedeanblue
07-09-2014, 07:25 PM
Carl Baker had his contract at Cov terminated a week ago. Hilda Baker would get in our midfield at the moment B)

kendaldaz
07-09-2014, 07:26 PM
he's a good player at this level,seen him a few times at morecambe a few year back,looked a skinny lad but had a lot of talent

bluechimes
07-09-2014, 08:03 PM
Frankly we could do with a Bakers Dozen XD

BC

Corkhead
08-09-2014, 02:13 PM
Hilda Baker would get in our midfield at the moment B)

Oooh pass it to me you great flea's armpit. XD

pompeygun
08-09-2014, 02:52 PM
He's 31 & Coventry have obviously got rid for a reason. Thinking about it what we really need is a striker IMO. We dont possess a 20goal a season forward, the closest we've got is Westcarr who'll get about 15 or 16 ish. But we are lacking up ft. Taylor for all the good work he does has a terrible scoring record over his career.
Highly unlikely we'll get a 20goal striker in the loan window though.:blue:

nonsuchmike
09-09-2014, 09:48 AM
Couldn't we convert a midfielder or defender into a striker of worth? After all, if Brian Clough can do it, can't AA?

lovedeanblue
19-09-2014, 10:12 AM
The possibility isn't dead yet...
from the News.

Pompey have made their move for Carl Baker.

But Andy Awford is remaining coy over a bid to bring in the winger after he left Coventry.

The 31-year-old has been linked with a number of sides, including Championship Blackpool and MK Dons.

The News understands there have been discussions with the man who skippered the Sky Blues last season – and scored 10 goals in League One.

Baker has scored 28 goals in 182 appearances for Coventry, since moving from Stockport in 2010.

His departure has caused some surprise among Sky Blues fans, although boss Steven Pressley insisted his exit was for footballing reasons.

Baker has been recovering from a shin injury he picked up in pre-season.

Awford admitted on Monday he was mulling over a move in the loan market, after three league defeats on the bounce.

That wouldn’t be necessary to land Baker, though, after he cancelled his contract with Coventry earlier this month.

Awford brushed off talk of

bluekite
19-09-2014, 10:44 AM
I do wonder about all of these higher league players who are out of contract/ released/ contract terminated etc . They are often in the autumn/winter of their careers and are deemed to be "good at this level"... another wage on the payroll , usually without significantly upping the quality of the side. We have signed too many of these over the last 3 or 4 years, few have made it, the chances of picking up Merson/Prozinecki type players who will be successful is very slim
IMHO