PDA

View Full Version : The signs are there.

Vader
07-09-2014, 05:03 PM
Looks like Russ could be on his way.

Pulis been seen around Gainsborough area - would be a good appointment if Mr Swan can pull it off, I think we have the players just need a manager who is tactically astute and who can motivate them.

fletcher9
07-09-2014, 08:37 PM
What's it like up there on cloud cuckoo land?

Vader
10-09-2014, 06:59 PM
What's it like up there on cloud cuckoo land?

Much better than down there where you seem to spend most of the time talking to yourself - the first sign of going mad O:) .

Anyway remember where you heard it first. Wilcox will soon be history.

fletcher9
11-09-2014, 09:54 AM
Vader, why would someone like Tony Pulis even consider dropping to this level when his stature in the game has never been higher?

The point I was trying to make was that Pulis will be snapped up by either a big Championship club going for promotion or a Premiership club wanting to avoid relegation after his fantastic turn round of Palace last season. He will now also demand wages that will be on an entirely different planet to anything we could afford.

How long Swann gives Wilcox to turn things round is an entirely different matter although I would guess he would give him a bit more leeway given the horrendous injury list he's had to contend with than if we were in the same position with a fully fit squad. Equally I think there is a limit to his patience and he won't stand for us knocking about in the bottom four for too long.

Vader
11-09-2014, 07:38 PM
I can see what you are saying although don't really agree - why would David O'Leary have considered coming to us when he had managed at the same level as Pulis and overseas and given at one point the bookies had him at 1-4 on I would expect at some point he was pretty close to coming.
Regards the salary Pulis would command if Mr Swann really wants him I'm sure he would find the money especially if he thinks it will guarantee success. O'Leary would have wanted megabucks and he was nearly here, probably would have been if it wasn't for Wilcox's unbeaten run.

alcazar
12-09-2014, 10:46 AM
Friends, why not come over to the new site, there is far more going on and little aggression?

http://iron-bru.com/forum/

messiron
14-09-2014, 09:12 AM
Friends, why not come over to the new site, there is far more going on and little aggression?

http://iron-bru.com/forum/

who has got banned recently...