PDA

View Full Version : Do any of youse..

Nevermore666
08-09-2014, 08:05 PM
Support the other home nations at football (providing they ain't playing Scotland)?

Am I the only one who wants to see all the home nations playing in a major competition?

supernotts5891
08-09-2014, 08:08 PM
Support the other home nations at football (providing they ain't playing Scotland)?

Am I the only one who wants to see all the home nations playing in a major competition?

yes, now phuck off >:(

Nevermore666
08-09-2014, 08:08 PM
Gibraltar scummy notts?

steviex
08-09-2014, 08:10 PM
What is a "youse" ??

supernotts5891
08-09-2014, 08:15 PM
Gibraltar scummy notts?

none of the home nations class scotland as a big game :D they all look forward to the big game against the mighty Welsh. would love to see all the home nations at a major comp but scotland will never qualify again, fact :D

mogwaiCSC
I don mind Wales doing well. The idea that in football you support your closest rival is a warped one.

Redford

I support them all (providing they are playing England)

neilo
08-09-2014, 08:19 PM
I support all four nations that make up our splendid United Kingdom.

Nevermore666
08-09-2014, 08:22 PM
[quote="steviex" ??[/quote]

Come on don't take the piss.

Nevermore666
08-09-2014, 08:24 PM

I support them all (providing they are playing England)[/quote]

You have just proved that your nationalist aspirations are just antii-English feelings. Get a ****ing grip. Racist!

mogwaiCSC
08-09-2014, 08:35 PM
You have just proved that your nationalist aspirations are just antii-English feelings. Get a ****ing grip. Racist!

so this is what this thread was all about - to espouse the daft notion that not wanting your closest rivals in football to win is racist.

Redford
08-09-2014, 08:37 PM

You have just proved that your nationalist aspirations are just antii-English feelings. Get a ****ing grip. Racist![/quote]

Not true, I like lots of English musicians. I like English artists, I like English women. English comedians. I have English friends, like an English football club. In fact the only thing English I don't like is their national football team. Why do some idiots think that not supporting the English national football team is such a terrible thing? Next you will be saying we are voting yes because we hate England and it's nothing to do with wanting what's best for Sco

Nevermore666
08-09-2014, 08:42 PM
No. I want all the teams from these islands to do well. England are there to be beat by the 'smaller' UK teams. Friendly rivalry is good but we shouldn't support 'anyone but England"

SlideySam
08-09-2014, 08:42 PM
To answer the OP, no, I really don't care when the other "home" nations play football.

I should qualify that by saying that I do feel some affinity with the Welch and Irish nations, in general. But, England is a foreign country to me. I have nothing in common with the English.

That's why I'm voting YES! YES! YES! on the 18th! :D

supernotts5891
08-09-2014, 08:46 PM

You have just proved that your nationalist aspirations are just antii-English feelings. Get a ****ing grip. Racist![/quote]

Not true, I like lots of English musicians. I like English artists, I like English women. English comedians. I have English friends, like an English football club. In fact the only thing English I don't like is their national football team. Why do some idiots think that not supporting the English national football team is such a terrible thing? Next you will be saying we are voting yes because we hate England and it's n

mogwaiCSC
08-09-2014, 08:52 PM
[quote="Nevermore666"[/quote]

who are you to tell us 'we shouldnt'? What football rule is that you must support your closest rivals? Only dafties cant see the difference between football and real life.

supernotts5891
08-09-2014, 09:22 PM
who are you to tell us 'we shouldnt'? What football rule is that you must support your closest rivals? Only dafties cant see the difference between football and real life.

well said, nevermore is getting tore a new one on here XD I could never want forest to win, ever. Same as rangers would never want queens park to win but it's only a game. abeerdean fans on here only care about who they hate and not the team they support, sad really.

Nevermore666
08-09-2014, 09:29 PM
I'm nobody to tell anyone anything.

Does that make sense?

Moggy, yer daft **** piece. If yer gonna type in English make sure you speak the lingo?

You and supernotts make a lovely couple :heart:

SlideySam
08-09-2014, 09:32 PM
nevermore need to eff off to England, that's where he wants to be.

HB
08-09-2014, 09:36 PM

You are the only one out of us all. You are unique and very very special.

braincapers
09-09-2014, 01:25 PM
[quote="steviex" ??[/quote]

Someone who plays for the baseball team Youse's Maryland Orioles.

TheWestLothianQuesti
09-09-2014, 01:29 PM
I only support Scotland out of the "Home" Nations and have no interest in any of the others. Although I do chuckle when they get humiliated.

As a former long term resident of England, I would say that the only difference between myself and my English friends was in who we supported at football.

AguyIknow
09-09-2014, 01:36 PM
[quote="Nevermore666"[/quote]

ALL the teams from these islands? What-including the Republic of Ireland team?

I like to see the other teams do well apart from England usually. And that's in no small way down to the way their media sneer at the chances of all the other nations. They build up the England chances way out of proportion only to pick over the pieces in fine detail when England inevitably fall short of the unrealistic "expectations".

I didn't like the "F**k off Scotland" chants by English fans at their game last night either btw

JimmyHaze
09-09-2014, 01:52 PM
I was wanting England to do well in world cup, wouldnt go so far as to want them to have won it but I quite like a lot of their players now.

I also always liked England its a great country, even London is a great place depending where you go in it.

I'll be voting Yes

I've never understood this idea that we can only have a union with England if its on their terms. Why cant we be independent look after our own affairs and have a union with England like the Nordic Council that Nordic countries (all independent) have with each other but it seems the English establishment quite a seperate group from the English people only believe in unequal unions so this is not even mentioned as a possibility should we become independent.