PDA

View Full Version : Scotland

Altobelli
09-09-2014, 10:49 PM
Should they stay or should they go ?

I am surprised nobody has posted owt about this, perhaps no one give's a toss.

Ed Milliband made me laugh today calling for "people across the UK to fly the Saltire to show support for keeping Scotland in the UK XD

Stan_van_nel
09-09-2014, 11:01 PM
If Scotland get independence I hope that Lancashire put in for it next.

We're already a Palatine and the current Dr Who assistant (that lovely Blackpool lass) can be our Queen.

We could make Liverpool the busiest port in Europe again and build our ships in Barrow in Furness (again).

We'd obviously give Barnoldswick back to Yorkshire because the birds fly backwards there.

lazaat
10-09-2014, 02:28 AM
I don't think it is because "nobody gives a toss" Mike, most likely it is because most people (including me) just don't understand this issue enough and the pro's and con's of Scotland having independence?

The Scots by and large have for many hundreds of years hated the English, so if they do vote YES and things go belly up for them in the future they certainly wont get any sympathy from me >:(

Altobelli
10-09-2014, 10:20 AM
I'm just like any other bod in this in that I don't understand what it will all mean if they go it alone.

Will they lose the Pound ?

Will Hadrian's Wall be used as a border ?

What will be the word for the regions left ?

What happens to all the regiments in the military ?

Those are just a few off the top of my head, I'm sure there are many more important things to consider.

We must need to keep Scotland as the 3 wise men (Monkeys) XD like pleading to a lost lover are up in Scotland begging for them to stay.

alfinyalcabo
10-09-2014, 05:16 PM
If they do vote for independence ,Looking forward to invading them and taking their tiny little country over and re naming it Little England..

Oldtimeram
10-09-2014, 05:21 PM
Duty free whiskey

gaz1959
10-09-2014, 06:31 PM
if they vote yes we will have to pay them off and bail them out

So they will become another noose around our necks and a liability to our financial recovery

alfinyalcabo
10-09-2014, 09:26 PM
If they get their independence ,in the long run England will be better off and the Scoths worse off..

Stan_van_nel
10-09-2014, 09:49 PM
I'd like to know what is going to happen with all the Jocks who are down here and claiming off the government.

If they've paid in then fair enough but Nelson's pubs used to be full of Jocks on the sick or claiming in some way.

claw84
11-09-2014, 03:08 PM
Could be a silver lining, no more subsidies, but sad to see them go.

gaz1959
11-09-2014, 03:53 PM
I'd like to know what is going to happen with all the Jocks who are down here and claiming off the government.

If they've paid in then fair enough but Nelson's pubs used to be full of Jocks on the sick or claiming in some way.

They will do what they have always done along with the other immigrants -------

Moan like phook and tell us how good it is back home :(

gaz1959
12-09-2014, 09:13 PM
Even the Swiss have a say - view external link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7G_mDP5DKw)

Altobelli
17-09-2014, 02:03 AM
Cameron is bending over backwards trying to keep them in the UK, offering them incentive's as if they have not got enough, plenty of back lash in this if they stay and do get them.

FFS they don't even have to pay for Prescriptions, they will be screaming like hell when the UK's NHS will be taken away XD

The outcome is Thursday but I think this will cause more storms whatever the outcome.

Springfield Quark
17-09-2014, 05:14 AM
The BBC will have to make an alternative Scottish version of Doctor Who.

http://i60.tinypic.com/2r4039v.jpg

gaz1959
17-09-2014, 07:32 AM
if the vote is so tight tomorrow as it is today, should the final vote stand?

No imo as it will cause a divide and unrest with N. Ireland type scenario?

alfinyalcabo
17-09-2014, 06:09 PM
It will be a NAE VOTE..When it comes to hey lads hey the Scoths backbone will turn to jelly ..just you mark my words..

It will be fun though if by some m***cle they vote yes.. :D :D Cameron will be gobsmacked and the queen will lose all of her land up there when they vote to be a republic ;D

gaz1959
17-09-2014, 06:24 PM
It will be a NAE VOTE..When it comes to hey lads hey the Scoths backbone will turn to jelly ..just you mark my words..

It will be fun though if by some m***cle they vote yes.. :D :D Cameron will be gobsmacked and the queen will lose all of her land up there when they vote to be a republic ;D

So will they get their own monarch Alfie?

gaz1959
17-09-2014, 06:26 PM
King Rab C Nesbitt

lion1
17-09-2014, 07:44 PM
its been good

B) B) B)

link - view external link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSH0eRKq1lE)

Altobelli
18-09-2014, 01:50 AM

So will they get their own monarch Alfie?[/quote]

Monarch ? They should instate this guy :) - view external link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xwPVgRaROA)

gaz1959
18-09-2014, 08:47 AM
XD XD XD XD I went cold on Billy but not now XD XD XD XD XD XD

Springfield Quark
18-09-2014, 02:56 PM
People look at it on a map or think of the economics. However, down at the level of individual people Scotland is by far the most civilised, pleasant, genial part of the United Kingdom.

If they leave the United Kingdom there will be no formal border check-point with barriers.

I imagine that to catch any villain fleeing one legal juristiction and entering another one there will be an English police vehicle parked adjacent to the English side of the border and similarly a Scottish one adjacent to the Scottish side of the border. There may also be a building built on each side of the border such that it would theoretically be possible to easily increase the formalities. This seems to be what happens at the borders of most Schengen / European Union countries. For Scotland to either remain in or join the EU is debatable but it would almost certainly be immediately welcomed into the Schengen area.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schengen_Area

Springfield Quark
18-09-2014, 05:03 PM
James Naughtie will be busy on BBC Radio 4 for the next few day, quite rightly so. He would never make an embarrasing blunder.

Here he is on the 'Today' programme announcing what will be happening after the 8 o'clock news. It is to be an interview with Jeremy Hunt, the then Culture Secretary.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YS5mVoqJpUk

It seems as though someone subsequently kicked him in the genetalia.

Springfield Quark
18-09-2014, 05:04 PM

alfinyalcabo
19-09-2014, 08:10 AM

Spineless conts.. :)

Stan_van_nel
19-09-2014, 07:30 PM
The English hating fat head Salmond has taken his ball home.

He'll no doubt now be on the streets of one Scottish town or city, p1ssed and wanting to fight everyone and anyone. :D

alfinyalcabo
19-09-2014, 08:16 PM
The English hating fat head Salmond has taken his ball home.

He'll no doubt now be on the streets of one Scottish town or city, p1ssed and wanting to fight everyone and anyone. :D

No doubt wearing his skirt :D

Springfield Quark
20-09-2014, 06:27 PM
A referendum on Scottish independence will always get its best 'Yes' vote during a period when the Conservatives are in power at Westminster.

If anything this vote over-states the number of Scottish people who want independence.

Alex Salmond knows that the Labour Party will win the General Election next May. At the time of the following General Election he would be within 7 months of his 65th birthday.

For him the current situation is the absolute maximum height of the matter.