PDA

View Full Version : Pistorius

Trickytreesreds
11-09-2014, 12:04 PM
Well the lass I know from South Africa, said he was guilty as ****. But he'll get off on a technicality.

Unbelievable.

essexred52
11-09-2014, 12:59 PM
Good things happen to good people at the end of the day, if found not guilty he will pay for it one way or another,

essexred52
11-09-2014, 01:02 PM
Blimey just heard he is been found not guilty, manslaughter it looks like it.

Romanis
11-09-2014, 04:20 PM
Well the lass I know from South Africa, said he was guilty as ****. But he'll get off on a technicality.

Unbelievable.

I met a Croat who said Cilic would win the US Open and a Japanese who said the same thing. Either one of them must be Nostradamus.

Romanis
11-09-2014, 06:05 PM
Anyway we have a Judge with the help of 2 assessors to study the facts and evidence. If she's confident that it hasn't crossed the premeditated threshold then who are we, fed just by media to decide otherwise.

I gather that even Harry Nell, the DPP wasn't confident of 1st degree murder. Moreover as the judge said, the testimony of the first witness at the scene, the neighbour, that Pistorious was genuinely aggrieved was not disputed or debunked by the prosecution.

Moreover, either party can make an appeal and whatever the verdict, in the court of public opinion, Pistorious is guilty and that perhaps is the most telling verdict of all.

Just like O J Simpson, that proved to be the verdict that stuck.