PDA

View Full Version : How many points from the next 4 games?

Zilzal
12-09-2014, 09:16 PM
Unless the new boys start to make a difference and soon, I'm going for...1.

jolly_roger
12-09-2014, 09:23 PM
Hmmmmm...6 for me

Zilzal
12-09-2014, 09:29 PM
From whence are they 6 coming, Jolly.

Try to be more specific.

Ellis_D
12-09-2014, 11:16 PM

Try to be more specific.

I notice you haven't been specific about your 1. Hyopcrite!

I also notice though, that yet again you bring doom and gloom. Are you sure you're not a Dee-Dah?!

Zilzal
12-09-2014, 11:51 PM
If SW win at Bolton tomorrow, then 1 point there before Freedman is relieved of his duties.

Normally I'd say we'd get something playing Charlton but as Chairman, Duchatelet is starting to take this club seriously (he has 5 others) then the Addicks are a different propositon. CA have always had a tremendous Academy which is now bearing fruit, Vetoteke has scored 5 already and cost 700k and the Belgian PL keep on arriving under the tutelage of big bad Bob Peters, brutal ex Millwall striker. They've also got our Icelander Berg Gudmunsson.

CAMiller
13-09-2014, 12:03 AM
I think we'll be unlucky and have to settle for 13.

thrilller_miller
13-09-2014, 07:21 AM
5 points I reckon, think we'll take a heavy loss today, draw against Bolton and Charlton. Then all our loanees from Ipswich will have something to prove and we'll win there

millertop
13-09-2014, 07:22 AM
10 points, w w w d

Revell will not score

shiregreenmillers
13-09-2014, 07:25 AM
5 points.. Am i ever wrong we are staying up O:) O:)

gazisamiller
13-09-2014, 07:39 AM
5 points I reckon, think we'll take a heavy loss today, draw against Bolton and Charlton. Then all our loanees from Ipswich will have something to prove and we'll win there

Our Ipswich loanees won't be playing against Ipswich.

jolly_roger
13-09-2014, 11:17 AM

Try to be more specific.

WWLL in order of games

merry_miller
13-09-2014, 11:22 AM
12 points

simples.

Who are we playing btw ?

CTMilller
13-09-2014, 05:12 PM
Well, there's the first point of perhaps five or six we should be able to get. Hope you're wrong that we'll lose the next three games, Zil...

Zilzal
13-09-2014, 06:19 PM
Only a very few people 'get me' on this site but if I stay, then they should know a little about me.

I want us to win every game and often just a draw makes me low. Defeat ruins my weekend and hurts me until the next match. At my age I should've got over things like this a long time ago.

I'm not a pessimist or a merchant of doom. If you expect nothing, then when you get nothing, then it's easier to cope. Today we fluked a point we really shouldn't have got. One effort on target, one goal. In the 93rd minute after B'mouth took us for granted and didn't close the game out. Such contempt deserves to be punished and rightly the Cherries' pockets were duly picked.

So for the moment I'm pleased. Bolton were atrocious today so does that mean we'll get something on Tuesday? Who knows. But if you steal points continuously then eventually you'll get caught.

The tenor of Branston's comments this afternoon are as follows: we're employing 4th Div. tactics in the 2nd Div., our passing is substan

DavidR__9
13-09-2014, 06:29 PM
I don't agree completely. I think if we played 4th division hump it and chase we'd actually do better. We're almost too careful in possession: we build a platform and then keep squaring it or crossing it from deep instead of driving to the byline or playing a through ball. And I don't think we look dangerous from set plays either.

I do agree that our passing is often less crisp and assured the sides we're playing, but that's a function of a team that's coming up and getting used to new surroundings. Points like today's will help us get the confidence to start trying more stuff around the opposition box.

pip_y
13-09-2014, 07:27 PM
Today we fluked a point we really shouldn't have got. One effort on target, one goal. In the 93rd minute after B'mouth took us for granted and didn't close the game out. Such contempt deserves to be punished and rightly the Cherries' pockets were duly picked.

Got to disagree. We didn't fluke a point, we earned it. There were some good passing moves and we were inches away from winning when Revs just missed a cross. It was my first game this season. Living in Poole I got to see Bournemouth 3 times last season against Burton, Watford and Huddersfield, 2 wins and a draw. Today we were not outplayed, I felt we held our own against a team who are very strong at home. Lets hope we can be the same and keep picking up points away. Safety assured!

Zilzal
13-09-2014, 07:29 PM
David, stupidly it said I was logged in so I replied to your post at length and was timed out.

Succinctly then, my guess is that we're playing under managerial orders not to commit too many players forward for obvious reasons. Pringle is too slow and can't dribble, hence he's easily nullified. We have no out and out winger on the right either. To do what you say requires wingers that Stevie has always been reluctant to buy. Adams and Worrell? Not up to it - evidence? both are on the bench in Div 4.

Indeed most of the players Stevie has signed are languishing in the bottom tier.

I think the hope is that we beg, steal and borrow points for now and then when Becchio and others are fully fit and we have points on the board we kick on and press forward using 4 strikers a game (2 at a time of course, the other 2 on the bench and hopefully primed).

I would've loved to see a fully fit Frecks and Tavs lurking just outside the box. Tavs got...0 minutes again today. Bide our time and try and

Brin
13-09-2014, 07:31 PM
It's a point not a loss so stop whinging Zil and look on the bright side for once chap...

Zilzal
13-09-2014, 07:37 PM
Brin, read my posts slowly and carefully and you'll see I'm pleased tonight.

And don't confuse whingeing with contemplative assessment.

But the key thing is that we're still chums and will ever remain so.

Zilzal
13-09-2014, 07:47 PM
Pip_y, they scored a goal, hit the post and Collin made two great saves.

We had only one attempt on target. The 93rd minute header. The impression I got was that B'mouth despite having most of the ball, were sluggish in the first half and too complacent once Cook put them in front.

One should never treat any opposition too lightly when you're only 1-0 up. It would be interesting to read Howe's assessment. He seems that rarity in football, an honest and graceful man. Also I thought Wolves' manager took their defeat with uncommon good grace.

millertop
13-09-2014, 07:48 PM
10 points, w w w d

Revell will not score

Obviously you need to read it backwards d w w w ;D

I was right about Revell

pip_y
13-09-2014, 08:00 PM
Pip_y, they scored a goal, hit the post and Collin made two great saves.

We had only one attempt on target. The 93rd minute header. The impression I got was that B'mouth despite having most of the ball, were sluggish in the first half and too complacent once Cook put them in front.

One should never treat any opposition too lightly when you're only 1-0 up. It would be interesting to read Howe's assessment. He seems that rarity in football, an honest and graceful man. Also I thought Wolves' manager took their defeat with uncommon good grace.

"We are 1-0 up, it’s been a difficult game, we have had to grind them down and we’ve got our goal, but we haven’t defended a set play at the end.

It was always going to be a difficult game because they pack bodies behind the ball and they made it very difficult for us to break them down."

Linky for full article. - [url=http://www.afcb.co.uk/news/article/2014-09-13-rotherham-howe-reaction-1911

Brin
13-09-2014, 08:12 PM

I'm moved...:heart:

DavidR__9
13-09-2014, 08:31 PM
I think both managers called it right. We set up to be compact and by and large we managed it. They didn't build on their lead but sat back a bit too much, Revell added a bit of challenge and invited us on to them. I didn't think out equaliser was coming, in the sense that it was a matter of time but we'd gained control of the pace and momentum of the match.

I don't mind the keep it tight approach, but I just feel we're lacking the bit of guie or craft or pace that can transfer the ball out of the defensive thirds of the pitch into the opposition penalty area. Taylor started too many runs too deep. Pringle can't whip a first time cross in from the half way line, Becchio needs falls into feet (he doesn't look a chaser). None of the attacking combinations quite seem to fit at the moment. Bowery doesn't look like the one up front to stretch the play, Revell gets clattered and nothing's done, Derbyshiire's too effete to contribute to the defensive side of the game, Becchio needs a partner

Ellis_D
13-09-2014, 11:34 PM
David, stupidly it said I was logged in so I replied to your post at length and was timed out.

It does it to me too, and I assume, everyone else. You get about ten minutes, and then for some ginger reason, you are logged out.

However, I have found, if it does this, just press back on your browser and it will take you back to your post.

Then copy and paste it, so you have your post saved, just incase.

Then open Millersmad in a different tab/window. From her you can log in. Then you can post your message on the othe tab, safe in the knowledge it will post and you won't have wasted many minutes of your life from the time it took you to do the original post.

I know it's an absolutely ginger way of doing things, but people need to put pressure on the Millersmad mods to keep us logged in for longer!

CTMilller
14-09-2014, 12:58 AM

It does it to me too, and I assume, everyone else. You get about ten minutes, and then for some ginger reason, you are logged out.

However, I have found, if it does this, just press back on your browser and it will take you back to your post.

Then open Millersmad in a different tab/window. From her you can log in. Then you can post your message on the othe tab, safe in the knowledge it will post and you won't have wasted many minutes of your life from the time it took you to do the original post.

I know it's an absolutely ginger way of doing things, but people need to put pressure on the Millersmad mods to keep us logged in for longer![/quote]

We've been saying that to Zilzal for years, Ellis_D, and I don't think he's quit

dusty_miller
14-09-2014, 12:21 PM
3 points.
One win from 4 or 3 draws and a loss.
Still stay up form, a minimum!

Ellis_D
14-09-2014, 08:49 PM

I know it's an absolutely ginger way of doing things, but people need to put pressure on the Millersmad mods to keep us logged in for longer![/quote]

We've been saying that to Zilzal

mattyrufc
15-09-2014, 01:26 PM
I wish Zilzal would post more, saying things like we wont go up - hes always wrong! Anyway, next four fixtures. Bolton.A.1-1. Charlton.H. 1-1. Ipswich.A.2-1. Blackburn.H.0-2. 5 points!

RawmarshMiller
15-09-2014, 01:30 PM
Bolton 0 Rotherham 3
Rotherham 2 Charlton 1
Ipswich 1 Rotherham 1
Rotherham 5 Blackburn 0

Bowery to score all the goals.

millavanilla
16-09-2014, 05:54 AM

Bournemouth will put that down as 2 points lost...we were away to a good home side..we defended well..weve just been promoted twice...a nice new stadium that we thought we'd never get..a manager whos commited..a chairman who backs him and delivered just about everything he said he would..and you want us to play like barcelona..well..i do too...but for a first go ill settle for staying up..and maybe an added bonus of beating sheffield wednesday again..

axholme_miller
16-09-2014, 07:49 AM
First half a non event, they passed it around a lot without any real purpose or threat. Second half they stepped up a gear but I think so did we.

Becchio looked a mile off the pace, understandable considering his lack of match time. New man from Oldham needs time to adjust to this higher lever, but will be a great addition.

Revell coming on, gave us much more impetus going forward and for the first time put their defence under pressure.

Bowery looked good, at last, when he came on too.

Pringle playing down the right in the first half was a mistake, he looked out of touch.

After they scored, they seemed to do what we are often accused of doing, sat back. That gave us the opportunity to push forward and that last fif**** we looked positive.

Their defence, so rarely tested for much of the game didn't look too clever and better teams will punish them.

Despite comments that we gained a lucky point I disagree. Our persistence, so often key last season paid off and we got our reward.