PDA

View Full Version : keystone cops - Westminster style

cuervo
13-09-2014, 03:31 PM
A Conservative MP has told the BBC it is possible that Conservative members of the House of Commons could prevent the new powers and timetable outlined by Labour ex-prime minister Gordon Brown on behalf of Better Together from getting through the UK Parliament.
Speaking on Radio 4's The Week in Westminster Christopher Chope, MP for Christchurch, said: "'Devo max' is not an issue for the Scots alone, it's an issue for the whole of the United Kingdom. So if there is a No vote, then if there's any discussion about a realignment of the powers and responsibilities within the United Kingdom constitution, that should be a matter for the House of Commons as a whole, and it should be a proper balance between the interests of those in England, Wales and Northern Ireland and those in Scotland."

Together... XD

weearabs
13-09-2014, 04:05 PM
for ever...never :D

scoobydhoo1
14-09-2014, 10:58 PM
A Conservative MP has told the BBC it is possible that Conservative members of the House of Commons could prevent the new powers and timetable outlined by Labour ex-prime minister Gordon Brown on behalf of Better Together from getting through the UK Parliament.
Speaking on Radio 4's The Week in Westminster Christopher Chope, MP for Christchurch, said: "'Devo max' is not an issue for the Scots alone, it's an issue for the whole of the United Kingdom. So if there is a No vote, then if there's any discussion about a realignment of the powers and responsibilities within the United Kingdom constitution, that should be a matter for the House of Commons as a whole, and it should be a proper balance between the interests of those in England, Wales and Northern Ireland and those in Scotland."

Together... XD

This whole situation reminds me of the quebec referendum here in Canada in 1995.
They were promised so much that in the end they voted

Katfrommandoo
14-09-2014, 11:10 PM
1979 all over again. Lies and deception from London and once again the people who not only allow it to happen but are totally involved in its implementation are the Scottish Labour Party. If this happens we must not let them forget their disgraceful actions.

scoobydhoo1
14-09-2014, 11:24 PM
1979 all over again. Lies and deception from London and once again the people who not only allow it to happen but are totally involved in its implementation are the Scottish Labour Party. If this happens we must not let them forget their disgraceful actions.

The biggest losers on all of this will be the labour party.
No longer are they the party of the working class,they haven't been really since the days of neil Kinnock.

I thought john reid would have been too busy looking for WMD than campaigning for the NO's
Great when people like that and tony blair start giving out advice about not making mistakes.

And wasn't it the bankers who got us in this financial mess in the first place
Mark carney was the bank of Canada main man when the financial collapse happened,thankfully not one Canadian bank had to be bailed out ,not down to carney but to the then prime minister of Canada who refused to give Canadian banks the free hold of

Redford
15-09-2014, 10:33 AM
I think a lot of no voters are starting to wake up to the lies and bull that the bitter togethers are feeding them

Wonder if Deemo has seen the light :)

Red_Zeppelin
15-09-2014, 11:58 AM
so am i right in saying that if we vote NO then we'll end up wi phukk all???

cuervo
15-09-2014, 12:04 PM

Nah - you'll get mair foodbanks on the street. But HS2 will cut 6 minutes aff the London - Birmingham route, so it's nae all bad. :/

DeezAreGood
15-09-2014, 12:15 PM
so am i right in saying that if we vote NO then we'll end up wi phukk all???what Scots will end up with, once the tories/UKIP are in government in Westminster, is a vastly reduced handout/block grant from May 2015, for which the Scottish govt will have to raise taxes in Scotland to cover. That's yer Devo Max for you. And it'll be forever, just in case anyone who votes No thinks there'll be another referendum in a few years time.

Red_Zeppelin
15-09-2014, 12:28 PM
so am i right in saying that if we vote NO then we'll end up wi phukk all???what Scots will end up with, once the tories/UKIP are in government in Westminster, is a vastly reduced handout/block grant from May 2015, for which the Scottish govt will have to raise taxes in Scotland to cover. That's yer Devo Max for you. And it'll be forever, just in case anyone who votes No thinks there'll be another referendum in a few years time.[/quote]

i see, now politiks is nae my forte.

so if i wanted tae stay in the union but get more more powers to the scottish parliament, and I voted NO...then it looks tae me like westminster could veto that and tell us tae phukk aff.

maybe I'm oversimplifying things here but it sounds tae me like my NO vote is naw worth a damm...is that about right? :?

cuervo
15-09-2014, 12:30 PM
Almost - replace 'Westminster could' with 'Tory backbenchers undoubtedly will' and you got it. ;)

DeezAreGood
15-09-2014, 01:18 PM
correct, a No vote is worthless, so pointless getting oot oh bed to vote if that's the intention ;D

Vote Yes to pay more tax (maybe) to help Scots, not for London roads and motorways in SE England.

scoobydhoo1
15-09-2014, 04:23 PM

Its exactly what quebec ended up with after all the promises.