PDA

View Full Version : Revell (and our strikers)

Jupjamie
13-09-2014, 04:26 PM
I know a lot of fans were happy when Revell was on the bench, but we created very little while he was there. As soon as he came on the game shifted and we began to create a lot more chances - I know we've got competition upfront but I think he needs to be the first on the teamsheet upfront, he has a huge impact on our game.

Talking about strikers, Derbyshire is absolutely hopeless. With the depth we have upfront now I'll be surprised if he gets another minute unless we're 5-0 up.

Clarke-Harris and Becchio didn't really make an impact but it's their first game so not going to read too much into that :D

I've always liked Bowery ever since his move was announced (I remember it was the morning before I had an exam and I was so shocked and happy that we'd just signed him I forgot some things haha). However I think he has to be used as an impact substitute until he can show us that he's got it in him to consistently produce at the level that we need.

UTM!

Amanda_Hugg_n_Kiss
13-09-2014, 04:43 PM
Good that Bowery got his first today, get his confidence up and hopefully see an improvement. Maybe it's confidence with Derbyshire?

Love Revell, but think he'll get more half games than full games, will still be an important player for us I feel and would like to what he's like playing with Becchio.

Jupjamie
13-09-2014, 04:50 PM
Good that Bowery got his first today, get his confidence up and hopefully see an improvement. Maybe it's confidence with Derbyshire?

Love Revell, but think he'll get more half games than full games, will still be an important player for us I feel and would like to what he's like playing with Becchio.
I'd like it to be confidence with Derbyshire but he just seems completely out of touch in all aspects. I heard people tell me it was a strange signing and he wouldn't do anything for us but I didn't believe them because of what he's done in the past.. unfortunately I think they might be right :(

tivoliman415783
13-09-2014, 04:52 PM
bowery and becchio up front
JCH in the agard role from last year
taylor playing from the left

we look so much better with two strikers up front. i know what you mean about revell but i think this league needs pace and with bowery and JCH in the side we would have that.

don't think you can sign someone like becchio and then play him upfront on his own.

good result today though and hopefully we can build on that with something from bolton on tuesday now.

Jupjamie
13-09-2014, 04:54 PM
bowery and becchio up front
JCH in the agard role from last year
taylor playing from the left

we look so much better with two strikers up front. i know what you mean about revell but i think this league needs pace and with bowery and JCH in the side we would have that.

don't think you can sign someone like becchio and then play him upfront on his own.

good result today though and hopefully we can build on that with something from bolton on tuesday now.

Does that team mean no Pringle?

twinnyjoe
13-09-2014, 05:14 PM
Think we should give Derbyshire a little more time this guy scored 7 in forests last 8 games of the season. Yes he has missed a few especially against brentford but he was in the right place to miss them. That is a sign if a poacher. All strikers go through rough patches and need to give him time.

Good point now onto Bolton

tivoliman415783
13-09-2014, 05:23 PM
yeah that team has no pringle in it for me

not to say that would not change in a few weeks time but at the moment i think we would be better suited with more pace and power out wide.

with a couple of goals in the week for bowery and then one today we have to let him carry on. with us not scoring many yet we have to hand the chance to someone who has scored three goals in a week. put him alongside becchio and hopefully they will bring the best out of each other.

pip_y
13-09-2014, 07:12 PM
Becchio was off the pace today and SE was right to sub both him and Pringle. Revs was typical Revs and was battered about as soon as he came on. Bowery certainly did add pace. I am pleased we have so many strikers because it gives us more options. I appreciate we don't seem to have it quite right but that never say die attitude is still there for all to see. I can see why Mick McCarthy was frustrated with Taylor. He does so many good things but the end product seems lacking. It was my first game of the season so forgive me for going off topic and commenting on some of the other players - Arni was pure class including a fantastic burst forward past a couple of players. Collin made a fantastic save at the end to ensure we came away with a point. Richardson looks a good signing.

Barnsley_Miller
13-09-2014, 07:23 PM
Becchio was off the pace today and SE was right to sub both him and Pringle. Revs was typical Revs and was battered about as soon as he came on. Bowery certainly did add pace. I am pleased we have so many strikers because it gives us more options. I appreciate we don't seem to have it quite right but that never say die attitude is still there for all to see. I can see why Mick McCarthy was frustrated with Taylor. He does so many good things but the end product seems lacking. It was my first game of the season so forgive me for going off topic and commenting on some of the other players - Arni was pure class including a fantastic burst forward past a couple of players. Collin made a fantastic save at the end to ensure we came away with a point. Richardson looks a good signing.

Yes, Steve Evans has some hard decisions to make re who plays and who doesnt! Competition is always good to get the best out of the players but we have a good va