PDA

View Full Version : No plan B

tanbo
13-09-2014, 07:13 PM
Was at RP today, a good result which papers over the cracks of AJ'S management, yet again we had a team out which was deployed in what i can only assume is 4-5-1 but with Magennis Tope,Ngog and Mckenzies attacking instincts pushing them up looking for the same long diagonals over the top to chase leaving a midfield two of Clingan and Hammel chasing shadows all day, against a better passing/organised St Mirren midfield, who thankfully never had a proven scorer up top.
it took a disallowed St Mirren goal for AJ to recognize it wasn't working when the whole stadium had already twigged, enter Robbie Muirhead who scored against the run of play, but it was still the same system!! Muirhead also shouldn't be played wide left!! He's a striker as is McKenzie. After St Mirren equalized he then put Eremenko on, he should have came on with Muirhead, meanwhile Chris Slater must be wondering what he's done wrong languishing on the bench! Still the same system!!! Big Connolly scored from a corner t

speedy100
15-09-2014, 10:52 PM
Well said Tanbo,I lke you,can not understand why Slater is not given a permanent position after his performances for the under 21s.What I have seen,and read about Muirhead seems to place him as a striker,not a midfield player.I also have reservations about A.J.system.However at least we have had a have decent start,but I wonder how we will get on against the big guns,especially away from home.