View Full Version : Keogh To Sign New Contract

ramspride
20-09-2014, 10:42 PM
Keogh will sign a new contact next week probably for 4 years. I'm getting a bit concerned about all these 4 year contracts. If we don't go up are these players good enough? If we do go up are they good enough for the Prem? Could end up with players we don't want but can't get rid of as they are on good long contracts.

Rattea
21-09-2014, 12:26 AM
Remind us Rampside who signed all these players who have been a success ;)

What's more concerning is that the current management seem incapable of signing such player on top of who are already here to take the club forward!

Fletch_11
21-09-2014, 05:52 AM
Keogh will sign a new contact next week probably for 4 years. I'm getting a bit concerned about all these 4 year contracts. If we don't go up are these players good enough? If we do go up are they good enough for the Prem? Could end up with players we don't want but can't get rid of as they are on good long contracts.

In fairness I can't see any problem moving on any of the players we have recently signed on longer contracts, if anything we've protected our assets which is a prudent thing to do. We won't see a Claude Davis style pay-off for any of them, but if they do move on we will be reimbursed.

As a word on Keogh, I thought he did very well yesterday with his great last ditch saving tackle on the Cardiff striker as he broke away in the dying minutes particularly impressive, not only for the quality of the tackle but the will and desire he showed to get back and make the challenge. That rubs off on the rest of the team and mak

Fletch_11
21-09-2014, 06:04 AM

What's more concerning is that the current management seem incapable of signing such player on top of who are already here to take the club forward!

Well Thorne and Ibe are two such players from the first team squad this season that immediately spring to mind. ;D

Good managers make the best use of what is at their disposal. They mould the players into a decent squad and raise the quality of the team overall. The very best understand the process of evolution, not revolution.

If you look at the squad photo from last season it is clearly evident that a lot has actually changed, there are a lot of that squad no longer here which at first glance was surprising.

As for looking at where the first team squad originated from, how many of the 1969 second division winning team were signed by Brian Clough? The greatest post-war Derby striker was actually signed by Ti

chris311080
22-09-2014, 07:20 AM

You may have a point there although I think Christie ( although he was also a clough target) and Thorne could prove important players in the future

Wow I can post again :)

roger_ramjet
22-09-2014, 09:25 AM
Did you ban yourself or something Chris?

su4eranio
22-09-2014, 11:42 AM

Or you could look at it this way...NC signed good players but was never capable of getting them to play great football and getting consistent results. Bring in Shteeeve & Co and we have a 3rd place finish, Wembley, and back up there or abouts early thsi season too.

Just shows what a great manager can achieve!

GrimsbyRams
22-09-2014, 02:54 PM
Cracking news! Don't understand the haters for him, I feel in the last 2 games he's been immense. Its also nice to see Derby County hanging onto their best players for once and not selling them off cheaply.

swaledale
22-09-2014, 05:12 PM

Surely your now critising the current regime for not doing what you predicted they would do,ly go back to spending excess money and risk the future of the club?

I realise your disappointed that McClaren has been careful with his signings and continued the policy of finding players that represent "value", that is they have proven quality (Thorne) have immediate potential (Christie) or are good young players who within a season should be playing a part in the first team - 4 such sigings having been mad with one already having played. Plus of course the addition of loans.

chris311080
22-09-2014, 07:50 PM
Did you ban yourself or something Chris?

No mate I've been unable to log in for a while. I changed my password after a while and it's fine now

chris311080
22-09-2014, 07:51 PM
I think with keogh it's a case of some fans not forgiving him for his wembley mistake

clough08
23-09-2014, 12:03 AM
how many oops

clough08
23-09-2014, 12:06 AM
how many of the 1969 second division winning team were signed by Brian Clough?

Erm Green, Robson, Carlin, McFarland, Mackay, Hinton, O'Hare ...