PDA

View Full Version : where as everybody gone

Septus
21-09-2014, 06:40 PM
Come on guys surely you have something to say about the current situation, or have we all backed our bags and called it a day. Does anyone have nothing to say
about the shower of s*** that that is running this club at all levels. Look down the road at Rotherham, they are doing what we did a few yeas ago, we however seem to have lost the will, or is it expertise and the dream of going further that we have thrown away

madirishsupporter
22-09-2014, 09:57 AM
It could be said that empty barrels make most noise, or alternatively that no matter what anyone thinks or says nothing will change at DRFC football club, unless the owners that be choose to change themselves, management, players, club.
So no sense in spouting off just for the sake of it, or to be noticed.

SilverTop60
23-09-2014, 02:58 PM
I think we have a sound management team who will keep Rovers financially viable. I think your assessment of them is harsh, even if you do have a right to an opinion. We have a minimalistic team that could do well as long as we don't have injuries or suspensions...

The team we have looks pretty good on paper and was built in a short time, and re-signing Wellens and Coppinger was the right thing to do. I don't personally rate Robinson much, but Bennett, Tyson and Main can do the business up front and we have a good midfield and defence (when Evina is not making a laughing stock of us on national TV). With Jones and Main injured we have just enough to maintain a reasonable squad, but can't lose many more players for any reason. After a year of support through recovery from injury Forrester thanks the club by getting a red card not once, but twice already this season and we have barely started. I can't help wonder whether he does or does not really want to play football at all.

What we

SilverTop60
23-09-2014, 03:05 PM
Septus, on the subject of Rotherham, I am genuinely pleased that they are doing so well and we have another team besides the Owls in the Championship. They have dragged themselves up from the Don Valley stadium to have a modern stadium and be a really good team to be proud of.

We just need Rovers, Tykes and the Blades to replicate their success so that South Yorks can have a significant influence in the Championship.

SilverTop60
23-09-2014, 09:04 PM
I said earlier that I don't rate Robinson much, and sure enough a few hours later he proves me right by squandering a penalty against Fulham and blowing the game. He's the last person I would let take penalties. What a great performance by the rest of the team to give Fulham a hard time at Craven Cottage.

SilverTop60
27-09-2014, 08:07 PM
Deja vue ??

After being champions in 2012-2013 the board bought in Paul Dickov. With a team that looked capable of retaining a Championship position at the end of the season we ended up going down. After 9 games in the 2013-2014 we were 18th in the table and the writing was on the wall.

Now again, with a team capable of retaining a good league One position we find ourselves after 9 games again 18th in the table. So what do you think is going to happen? We are in the same place as last year, so what miracle is going to happen to save us this time?

I fail to comprehend why the board cannot see that Dickov is going to see us struggle all season all over again. When we were in the Championship why did they bring in a manager with no Championship experience? Was that not a recipe for disaster?

Dickov has no idea of game or tactical management. He just builds a team and sends it out. He clearly does not build a team to cope with the opposition or know when to play subs to maximum effect