PDA

View Full Version : Air Strikes On Syria

Altobelli
23-09-2014, 03:00 AM
USA and partner nations are currently bombing Syria, jet fighters, bombers and tomahawk cruise missiles being thrown at IS known installations in Syria, apparently its not a little raid but an all out onslaught.

Arab nations are involved in operations.

Did it have to come to this with innocent folk getting killed yet again mainly because of the so called democratic leaders dithering for so long ?

alfinyalcabo
23-09-2014, 09:41 AM
Religion has a lot to answer for.. In the long run we either destroy the Muslims or they will destroy us.. No other way Im afraid . Where do the Israelis come into all this .. Surely they are to blame..

Altobelli
23-09-2014, 10:39 AM
Where do the Israelis come into all this .. Surely they are to blame..

Its always amazed me Alf how Israel get all the support and more yet are obviously one of the worst bad apples in the barrel, well it doesn't surprise me really as some Countries can get away with blue murder yet get a pat on the back by it's "So Called" allies for obvious reasons.

Oldtimeram
23-09-2014, 12:28 PM
I agree with you Alf.

claw84
23-09-2014, 03:48 PM
I remember asking my brother a few years back where he was traveling to for work.

" The Middle East," he said, its the 'rsehole of the world. "Basra, it's 60 miles up it."

Just about sums the place up.

gaz1959
23-09-2014, 06:25 PM
What about the hostages?

alfinyalcabo
23-09-2014, 07:09 PM
What about the hostages?

Good question Gaz.. There is not much you can do really.. You can't bow down to the mussies demands,it would never end.. It's a sad state of affairs though.. :blue:

Altobelli
23-09-2014, 11:39 PM
What about the hostages?

They don't care about any hostages that have been taken, they will be collateral damage just like all the innocent folk who will perish.

You can bet your mortgage though if Prince Harry in combat was taken hostage a ransom WOULD be paid.

RedBasie
24-09-2014, 08:25 AM
What about the hostages?

They don't care about any hostages that have been taken, they will be collateral damage just like all the innocent folk who will perish.

You can bet your mortgage though if Prince Harry in combat was taken hostage a ransom WOULD be paid.[/quote]

If Prince Harry was taken, a ransom wouldn't be asked for. They'd just milk the situation for all it was worth and keep him locked up for years.Much much longer than Terry Waites.

alfinyalcabo
24-09-2014, 02:54 PM
What about the hostages?

You can bet your mortgage though if Prince Harry in combat was taken hostage a ransom WOULD be paid.[/quote]

With the Tax payers money of course. :)

Altobelli
24-09-2014, 03:57 PM
"With the Tax payers money of course".

Absolutely Alf, I was very surprised the Royal Family did not feature on the TV programme Benefit Street, one of the many biggest drains on this Countries Tax pounds.

Springfield Quark
24-09-2014, 04:29 PM
We must have modern armed forces to a certain level in order to keep our place at the 'top table'. After WW2 we emerged with this status but we need to spend a lot of money on the army, navy and air force in order to retain this status.

The reality is that the UK is a small island that speaks roughly the same language as the Yanks. 'English' does not rule the world of languages, 'American' does.

Based upon realistic measures we should be relegated and China promoted to the 'top table'. Then we would save a lot of money by no longer strutting around the globe with the 'Rolls Royce' of weapons of war.

We could still 'toadie along' with the Yanks, expressing our moral support and supplying intelligence. The Yanks have **** all intelligence.

alfinyalcabo
24-09-2014, 04:54 PM
We must have modern armed forces to a certain level in order to keep our place at the 'top table'. After WW2 we emerged with this status but we need to spend a lot of money on the army, navy and air force in order to retain this status.

The reality is that the UK is a small island that speaks roughly the same language as the Yanks. 'English' does not rule the world of languages, 'American' does.

Based upon realistic measures we should be relegated and China promoted to the 'top table'. Then we would save a lot of money by no longer strutting around the globe with the 'Rolls Royce' of weapons of war.

We could still 'toadie along' with the Yanks, expressing our moral support and supplying intelligence. The Yanks have **** all intelligence.

The Yanks have even spoilt the English language .. There is no such language as American.. I wouldn't trust a yank as far as I can p(ss ..they only care about th

Altobelli
24-09-2014, 05:57 PM

I think claw would agree with me that Britain have never had "'Rolls Royce of weapons of war". we have had the skill in manpower but little else, the yanks have a

Springfield Quark
24-09-2014, 07:11 PM
The Yanks have even spoilt the English language .. There is no such language as American.. I wouldn't trust a yank as far as I can p(ss ..they only care about themselves..

Exactly, the Yanks do not speak English, so it is convenient to not call it English. Call it American. Do not dignify it by referring to it as English.

Since the Yanks are the outgoing most powerful ****ery there is lots of American / English spoken worldwide, dating back to 1945. With the worldwide dominance of IBM the from the 1950s for 40 years the word 'program', instead of 'programme' became the industry standard. The word 'programme' was used in the UK at the inception of the industry. There are numerous other Americanisms which pollute English. To a certain extent we all speak American.

If the Americans spoke Greek that would be the language that dominated the planet because of economic dominance.

Nowadays it would be prudent

alfinyalcabo
24-09-2014, 07:17 PM
The Yanks have even spoilt the English language .. There is no such language as American.. I wouldn't trust a yank as far as I can p(ss ..they only care about themselves..

Exactly, the Yanks do not speak English, so it is convenient to not call it English. Call it American. Do not dignify it by referring to it as English.

Since the Yanks are the outgoing most powerful ****ery there is lots of American / English spoken worldwide, dating back to 1945. With the worldwide dominance of IBM the from the 1950s for 40 years the word 'program', instead of 'programme' became the industry standard. The word 'programme' was used in the UK at the inception of the industry. There are numerous other Americanisms which pollute English. To a certain extent we all speak American.

If the Americans spoke Greek that would be the language that dominated the planet becaus

Springfield Quark
24-09-2014, 07:21 PM
?

Yanks, I've shat 'em.

sadlad
24-09-2014, 10:07 PM
Some footage on F/B tonight of the Yanks picking off the I S one by one..lasts about 16 mins. Revenge is sweet.

gaz1959
24-09-2014, 10:21 PM
Some footage on F/B tonight of the Yanks picking off the I S one by one..lasts about 16 mins. Revenge is sweet.

ALREET DAVE I have been on FB but not seen it

We will be at it come the w/e

gaz1959
24-09-2014, 10:41 PM
found this ... - view external link (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkPnWs6Ccq8)

Altobelli
25-09-2014, 01:48 AM
Without the extra https// - view external link (www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkPnWs6Ccq8)

claw84
25-09-2014, 10:10 AM
Your right Alto in that we have not had always the Rolls Royce of weapons. In the jungle we used M16 rifles and grenade launchers (both American). The Army did not have that option, we did as Marines come under the Navy.

But Cameron has to stop cutting the Armed Forces and in fact increase them as you never know what's round the corner. At least he has recently said our 2ed 65,000 ton Aircraft carrier will come into service now and not being put into mothballs as previously suggested. That means we will always have one at sea.

In the meantime looks like the squadron of Tornado fighter bombers located at our base in Cyprus will get some target practice on the I.S. phuckers. >:)

Springfield Quark
25-09-2014, 09:40 PM
Cameron addressing the General Assembly Of World Leaders in New York, putting the Yank system in its place :-

"I am therefore recalling the British Parliament on Friday to secure approval for the United Kingdom to take part in international air strikes against ISIL in Iraq".

Translated as :-
"As British Prime Minister I cannot just 'go for it' on a whim just because I didn't get a decent shag last night".

alfinyalcabo
26-09-2014, 10:03 AM
Cameron addressing the General Assembly Of World Leaders in New York, putting the Yank system in its place :-

"I am therefore recalling the British Parliament on Friday to secure approval for the United Kingdom to take part in international air strikes against ISIL in Iraq".

Translated as :-
"As British Prime Minister I cannot just 'go for it' on a whim just because I didn't get a decent shag last night".

Translated as " if Obama says sh)t ..the UK will jump on the shovel every time "