PDA

View Full Version : These adverts..

dazzyo-villa
26-09-2014, 12:58 PM
I've got decent anti-virus stuff n all that on my lap-top but I'm getting this seriously annoying advert pop up from the bottom of the screen..

The sodding thing just gets bigger and bigger until I take it off..

>:( >:( >:( >:(

yubbywelch
26-09-2014, 09:54 PM
I had issues at the start of the year, no more????

MissWinnie
27-09-2014, 09:58 PM
Me too, Dazzy. It keeps getting bigger then suddenly goes smaller so when I try and click on the 'X' to try and get rid of it, I invariably miss it or end up clicking on the ad itself.

I'm also getting ads popping out of the right hand side of the screen and videos which seem to start playing spontaneously. I've now got my lap top on mute, just for that reason.

I'm able to read and post much more than a few weeks ago, but still a bit hit and miss. I actually tried to reply to this post earlier in the day but the page got timed out when I hit reply...

ozfan
28-09-2014, 09:41 AM
:/ >:( Don't get me started on this, I'll blow a gasket.

I hate what they've done to this board.

yubbywelch
28-09-2014, 09:56 AM
Gasket?

Is that what they call them at your age Oz?

MissWinnie
28-09-2014, 06:19 PM
I think I've said it before, but there's going to be no-one left to advertise to, given how difficult the board is becoming to use ...

dazzyo-villa
15-10-2014, 05:04 PM
I think I've said it before, but there's going to be no-one left to advertise to, given how difficult the board is becoming to use ...

Spot on.. it's proper doing my head in now tbh.

MissWinnie
16-10-2014, 08:33 AM
Couldn't post at all last night, Dazzy. Five attempts. Got timed out each time.

Last week, the stalky ads were in full flow, having just followed me to where I buy my underwear (always follows me there for some reason). When I tried to read the board, I just kept getting a "wait" timer, followed by a pop up display of the exact items I'd just been looking at. Simply just wouldn't let me read anything. Each time I clicked the pop up shut, and tried to click on a post, up it popped again. Apart from being really creepy and intrusive, I was here to read the board, not look at underwear! Grrrr

MissWinnie
05-11-2014, 08:10 PM
Dazzy, are you still getting that pop up, my friend?

It seems to be getting worse. Can't close it at all about half the time now ... then the board just freezes ...

Getting increasingly difficult even to read, never mind post ...

Balanbam00
07-11-2014, 06:56 AM
You can try this http://tinyurl.com/klmoy35

( link currently unavailable - insufficient posts )

Add Blocker
The web site address can be found on Aberdeens board.

bongosdad
07-11-2014, 11:46 AM
Footymad are charging £2 if you want to view without adverts >:(

bongosdad
07-11-2014, 05:35 PM
Just read it again. £2pm or £20py to view the site with no adverts.

birminghamborn
08-11-2014, 10:55 PM
This place is going to be die very soon, paying to view what we the posters have created over 10 years, this is the last straw!!

bongosdad
08-11-2014, 11:02 PM
I've never really had a problem with the adverts so there would be no need to pay. However now I have this option to buy pops up all the time. I keep clicking no and it comes back asking me the same question.

yubbywelch
09-11-2014, 04:54 AM
I keep saying read with adverts

birminghamborn
10-11-2014, 10:34 PM
Got it sussed!!

If you want to block these Popups, download the AOL Browser and set the block popups button to none, it works for me. - view external link (http://desktop.aol.co.uk/)

yubbywelch
11-11-2014, 12:26 AM
Anks, will try

MissWinnie
19-11-2014, 12:51 PM
Thanks Balanbam and BB. Apologies for not replying earlier. As I aaid on another thread, I have been struggling to get into the Tavern, ironically.

That pop up seems to have disappeared today - maybe why I'm able to post.

I agree with BB. They are just killing the board. I feel like I am being asked to pay to have the pri****ge of having a board that works well enough to be able to contribute to it.

stateside
19-11-2014, 06:40 PM
I couldn't post all weekend. I get an ad for an app that pops up and I am then kicked out completely.

Hope they fix it.

dazzyo-villa
19-11-2014, 08:30 PM
Dazzy, are you still getting that pop up, my friend?

It seems to be getting worse. Can't close it at all about half the time now ... then the board just freezes ...

Getting increasingly difficult even to read, never mind post ...

Yep still getting it, if I post on my tablet I don't for some reason.

Getting pretty fed up tbh and it kinda stops me from posting as much tbh.

MissWinnie
26-11-2014, 07:50 AM
Yubbs, did you try the ad blocker? I noticed on a similar thread on the main board that people are now not being allowed to proceed with them, so thought I'd ask before I tried it ...

That pop up is back. Now, it's even worse as there is no 'X' on it, so I can't shut it down at all. Get about an inch of space at the top of the page to read the posts when it's up.

Also a new 'bug'. Typing away on here, and then realising the cursor hasn't moved. Not even a delayed type up, like sometimes happens. Just nothing ...