PDA

View Full Version : Ryder Cup

NuclearDevice
26-09-2014, 06:34 PM
Just love this event.

I love the whole team sport stuff and it's a rare event in golf. Hats off to Bubba Watson when teeing off this morning, asking the crowd for a load of noise before he struck his ball.

Loads of 1st day drama, brilliant comeback by Garcia and Mcllroy giving Europe a 5-3 lead over the Yanks going into Day 2. Great stuff.

:D :D :D

yubbywelch
26-09-2014, 09:52 PM
it is a good format.

And everyone wants to beat a yank.

Just don't do it whilst they are eating. ;D

ozfan
29-09-2014, 10:24 AM
Another tops Ryder Cup and don't we just hate it when the Yanks get beaten :D

I'm playing tomorrow. Beautiful course.

Here>>>>>> - view external link (http://www.howickgolf.co.nz/holes)

yubbywelch
29-09-2014, 10:50 PM
My heart bleeds. XD XD XD

I'm jealous Oz, I haven't played for a couple of months.

Not much water and looks pretty straight???

Low 90's mate or are your a shark?

stateside
29-09-2014, 11:06 PM
Americans don't seem to care about the event. I think because deep down they know they suck at it. They're a selfish bunch and can't work as a team even though it is still a 1 v 1 format that you would think they'd excel at.

There was one captain a few years ago that figured it out, nice guy, can't recall his, Florida lad that got them a nice win. He wrote a format to winning that businesses actually purchased off him as a business model.

ozfan
01-10-2014, 07:02 AM
My heart bleeds. XD XD XD

I'm jealous Oz, I haven't played for a couple of months.

Not much water and looks pretty straight???

Low 90's mate or are your a shark?

Bang on yubb, 91. Actually those pics don't do the coarse much justice. Four of the holes run along cliffs which are a few hundred feet high. Very tight front nine but not long. Three par fives on the back. Beautiful coarse mate. Mature trees line most fairways so you have to be straight. My driver was working well only missed one fairway all day but my work on and around the greens was shoddy.

yubbywelch
01-10-2014, 10:04 AM
Nice when you hit em down the guts.

My short game is usually good, its just my bloody irons I can't hit.

How much a round?
$60 with a cart??

ozfan
02-10-2014, 09:38 AM
$30. A cart? No way. Soft golf ;D

Us old fellas push the trundler for exercise.

I don't get the love affairs with hybrids. 4 iron is my favourite club and it can usually match the boys with their three woods and hybrids. worst club is the putter. I'm just a poor reader of greens.

bongosdad
02-10-2014, 02:18 PM
Ive recently had 3 lessons. I can hit my 3 wood further than my driver for some reason? I was ok at putting when I used my dads putter from the 70s. I brought a new one but my putting is far worse now.
I brought a putter/chipper high breed and found it useful but ended up using it to chip and run from 50m out. I have a feeling this will hamper my chipping long term.

yubbywelch
02-10-2014, 09:43 PM
Oz, I play better gold walking (you don't get rushed to make your next shot)

But on the better golf clubs here in Queensland the buggy is added in the price, in the summer it's the best option.

The longer the club the better contact on the ball I get (my wrist always open up the closer the club and ball are to my body) thus I hit very high shots and lose all distance.

EG 9 iron for me when hit sweet is 90m. :(

I have 5 woods 1,3,5,7,9 just because my irons are so unreliable.