PDA

View Full Version : ****Team v Notts County****

Ryancrewefan4ever
29-09-2014, 03:04 PM
SD team selection hasn't exactly been the best so what would you pick for Tuesday?

------------Garratt -----------
Toots-Tate-Ray-Guthrie

Waters-Grant-Nolan-Brandy

----------Oliver-Haber--------

alexmick
29-09-2014, 03:30 PM
SD team selection hasn't exactly been the best so what would you pick for Tuesday?

------------Garratt -----------
Toots-Tate-Ray-Guthrie

Waters-Grant-Nolan-Brandy

----------Oliver-Haber--------

Brandy was considered only 50-50 for the game against Notts (as at the weekend). Play him with those dodgy calf muscles and we could be a player down before the first half is out.

I don't mind who he puts out on Tuesday night, provided that he has learned his lesson about the useless loan additions. If he plays Ness (5 league starts already) and Leigh, then I am off home early.

Waters has to start. What is the betting that SD gives him a rest (saying that he is tired)? Get that Inman fellow earning his corn. Give him a kick up the proverbial backside and make him play to his undoubted abilities. What about the new midfielder from Huddersfield? Atkinson has only started once in the league this season. Saunders has

alexmick
29-09-2014, 04:47 PM
Anyone wishing to see the youngsters thrown in at the deep end, is likely to be disappointed.
Steve Davis has told the club’s official web-site that it isn’t the time to blood youngsters George Cooper, Callum Saunders and James Jones into his starting XI.

ALEXKNOWALL
29-09-2014, 06:13 PM
No Ness, no Leigh please. Prefer a bench with

Ryancrewefan4ever
29-09-2014, 07:04 PM
Yes well if brandy isn't fit enough then play Inman, and put cooper on if inmans attitude isn't good enough

Gaz12
29-09-2014, 07:08 PM
I can't understand SD thinking when we played port vale we kept a clean sheet then for the next match he does not keep the same side he leaves Duggy out since then we have let 10 goals what is that all about.

NewtoCrewe
29-09-2014, 10:03 PM
---------Garrett-----------
Toots - Tate - Ray - Guthrie
Atkinson - Grant - Inman - Brandy
- Waters -
- Haber -

crewe 2-Notts 1

crewebacca
30-09-2014, 05:50 AM
---------Garrett-----------
Toots - Tate - Ray - Guthrie
Atkinson - Grant - Inman - Brandy
- Waters -
- Haber -

crewe 2-Notts 1Ditto team for me plus Crewe two County one too.

KennyLuntsFanClub
30-09-2014, 07:06 AM
Every time Ness has played we've lost? (does his loan agreement from Stoke say he HAS to play if he isn't injured?). This doesn't seem to apply to Leigh from Man City.
After each of the two wins this season, we've changed the team line-up and not won: lost to barnsley at home and drew at Yeovil).
As another poster has said, the Turton-Nolan-Grant midfield seems, statistically, our best bet fitting-in 3 others ahead of them: Haber, Waters, Oliver?

Garrett
Tootle Ray Tate Guthrie
Nolan Turton Grant Waters
Haber Oliver (though I'd give Saunders a go)

Crewe Alexandra 5 Notts County 2

somersetcrewe
30-09-2014, 07:51 AM
Every time Ness has played we've lost? (does his loan agreement from Stoke say he HAS to play if he isn't injured?).

Shades of Rhys Taylor?
Hope not!

He's a waste of space.
Get rid.

Grant/Turton/Nolan for me.

sacrewebleu
30-09-2014, 08:02 AM
Kenny, if you look at the last 6 games of last season, that's the midfield combination that also got us over the line, (3 wins / 2 draws and a loss to the champions) so your point becomes an even stronger one.

I've read a few negative comments on Turton (who i don't have strong views on either way) but he's not a winger and to play with a midfield 4 on saturday with Turton out on the right and a 19 year old left back playing left mid ?
It's square pegs in round holes which isn't helping either and something i wouldn't judge those 2 lads on.

On the suggestion that Inman plays centre mid, again no strong views, other than i would have assumed that in 2 years of training sessions he must have played there and not impressed. Inman's asset is his pace , if he is to play we need to give him the ball early and let him run with it and that last bits up to him as it has been for so long.

At the end of the day, we need to take chances, on saturday at nil nil we had a 1v1 on 40 mins that we di

ColwynBayAlexFanClub
30-09-2014, 11:25 AM
Shearer

Tootle Dugdale Tate Guthrie

Atkinson Grant Nolan

Inman Waters

Haber

Subs: Garrett
Ray
Turton
Oliver
Brandy
Cooper
Saunders

Gaz12
30-09-2014, 11:48 AM
SD has said on the official website that players that are on the bench will be knocking on his door and only rightly so.So I think he will make some changes tonight think Ray will be on the bench get Duggy on with Tate.