PDA

View Full Version : Top of the league awaits !

Dudleywolf
30-09-2014, 09:10 PM
After tonight's results we can go 1 point clear with a win against Huddersfield. It would be nice if a decent crowd where there to witness it but a low turn-out is on the cards!:blue:

Come on you Wolves Fans !!

WOODLANDSWOLF
30-09-2014, 09:17 PM
After tonight's results we can go 1 point clear with a win against Huddersfield. It would be nice if a decent crowd where there to witness it but a low turn-out is on the cards!:blue:

See my previous post in the "other matches thread" big boy. I can even beat you out of the traps from 5000 miles away! XD X-D ;D ;-D

Dudleywolf
30-09-2014, 09:21 PM

See my previous post in the "other matches thread" big boy. I can even beat you out of the traps from 5000 miles away! XD X-D ;D ;-D[/quote]

:zzz: :)

WOODLANDSWOLF
30-09-2014, 09:25 PM

See my previous post in the "other matches thread" big boy. I can even beat you out of the traps from 5000 miles away! XD X-D ;D ;-D[/quote]

Joking aside it would be nice, quite an achievement in fact. I am just worried that if we go straight up we will end up looking like Burnley on Sunday. Not up to it. Maybe with Jackett there though we would be a bit more in shape.

:zzz: :)[/quote]

1877wolf
30-09-2014, 09:38 PM
If we win and go top this would be a fantastic achievement after ten games.

I would see it as three points closer to safety ;D

Let's not get carried away and give The Ones That Smell any ammo to shoot us down if we start to fade off.

With that extra eye on their forehead they are bound not to miss.

WOODLANDSWOLF
30-09-2014, 09:41 PM
[quote="1877wolf"]If we win and go top this would be a fantastic achievement after ten games.

Let's not get carried away and give The Ones That Smell any ammo to shoot us down if we start to fade off.

With that extra eye on their forehead they are bound not to !

Oh its in their forehead is it? ;D

Heathens
30-09-2014, 10:37 PM
Huddersfield are a potential Banana skin, yes we might go top, but i can see a goaless draw in prospect,however after 10 games things are looking good.

If we take a line through Brentford and Rotherham they are both more than holding there own in this Division and both of whom we are considerably better than, then where we are in the League is about right. Injuries and luck permitting we are in for a Play off spot come the end of season. Yes maybe we need this back up to Dicko for me Clarke is not that player, and yes i would love to see Jacobs, Savage and for that matter Rowe discover some form if that happens then i can see us even getting as far as automatic promotion. The biggest fly in the ointment could be this African Nations thingy which will see us without Sako and Dicko, and some seem to forget there is an outside possibility we could lose Carl Ikeme as well to the same tournament.

MichiganWolf
30-09-2014, 11:32 PM
Still very early in the season, but being top after 10 matches would be a great boost of confidence going forward.

Table is already so tightly packed at the top. Incredible really. Whoever earns automatic promotion in the Championship, truly deserves it.

Dudleywolf
01-10-2014, 12:01 PM
If we win and go top this would be a fantastic achievement after ten games.

With that extra eye on their forehead they are bound not to !

Oh its in their forehead is it? ;D

Yes they speak out of their Anus !

The_4th_Degree
02-10-2014, 09:57 AM

Come on you Wolves Fans !! I see that went well :D :D :D :D COYB

1877wolf
02-10-2014, 11:07 AM

Come on you Wolves Fans !! I see that went well :D :D :D :D COYB[/quote]

You can always tell when they have won a couple...

The_4th_Degree
02-10-2014, 11:21 AM

You can always tell when they have won a couple...[/quote]

This is why we love the Dingles,always trying to run before you can walk.

Then we just sit back and watch you fall flat on your faces,great stuff XD COYB

wolves71
02-10-2014, 05:26 PM

Then we just sit back and watch you fall flat on your faces,great stuff XD COYB[/quote]

Where have you been lately?, all quiet on the Irvine front now. ;D

sweeneywolf
02-10-2014, 06:26 PM
Excuse me ...

It's Alan ...

(This week )

Hagleywolf
02-10-2014, 11:09 PM

Then we just sit back and watch you fall flat on your faces,great stuff XD COYB[/quote]

Where have you been lately?, all quiet on the Irvine front now. ;D[/quote]

4th degree is just an annoying little C 7 N T. Ignore him chaps. Little W4nk3r from the west mids smallest club. As on the TV last year...'a small club in the West Midlands'

Hagleywolf
02-10-2014, 11:12 PM
And they don't love us...they hate us...are jealous that we are bigger, more famous, more trophies and more fans...just classic little man behaviour

Hagleywolf
02-10-2014, 11:19 PM
If they'd have dropped last year (as they should have really) there wouldn't be much between us. Just so happens that they've stayed in the premiership longer in last fif**** years so have had tons more money to spend. A bit like Wigan or Fulham, if you are in there for a year or two then you just get a massive financial bonus. Well because of that the've just had loads more to spend on players and hence have done better than us. Nothing special.

The difference between us is we would like to be above them in the leagues but aren't jealous of them...whereas even if they are above us they are still just a little bit jealous that we are Wolverhampton Wanderers and they are just West Brom...shame for them but they'll always be smaller and less famous

The_4th_Degree
03-10-2014, 07:15 AM

Where have you been lately?, all quiet on the Irvine front now. ;D[/quote]

4th degree is just an annoying little C 7 N T. Ignore him chaps. Little W4nk3r from the west mids smallest club. As on the TV last yea

The_4th_Degree
03-10-2014, 07:31 AM
If they'd have dropped last year (as they should have really) there wouldn't be much between us. Just so happens that they've stayed in the premiership longer in last fif**** years so have had tons more money to spend. A bit like Wigan or Fulham, if you are in there for a year or two then you just get a massive financial bonus. Well because of that the've just had loads more to spend on players and hence have done better than us. Nothing special.

The difference between us is we would like to be above them in the leagues but aren't jealous of them...whereas even if they are above us they are still just a little bit jealous that we are Wolverhampton Wanderers and they are just West Brom...shame for them but they'll always be smaller and less famous Why would we be jealous of you?

Orange kit nope

League one nope

Double relegation nope

1-5 at home nope

No wins at Hawthorns for 19 yrs and counting nope

In the championship nop

Mr.D
03-10-2014, 08:23 AM

The difference between us is we would like to be above them in the leagues but aren't jealous of them...whereas even if they are above us they are still just a little bit jealous that we are Wolverhampton Wanderers and they are just West Brom...shame for them but they'll always be smaller and less famous Why would we be jealous of you?

Orange kit nope

League one nope

Double relegation nope

1-5 at home nope

No wins at Hawthorns for

TundraWolf
03-10-2014, 12:47 PM
In the competition of bragging rights between the two clubs I must point out, from a distance, the Wolves stand out as a very bright and shining star:

1) I live on an island of 3,500 to 4,000 permanent residents (and have for 11 years), I know 4 other die-hard Wolves fans on the island, two who have flown the eight time zones back to England simply to attend an important match over a week-end. There are no Baggies supporters here, that have made themselves known!

2. I wear a Wolves jumper most of the year, black with the iconic wolf crest over the heart. Many times in the city of Vancouver, quickly approaching 3,000,000 population, I have (always) received positive comments for my allegiance (400,000 first or second generation Brits live here) and never received a negative comment.

3. I have only seen one fellow wearing a Baggie top, it is so rare to see it that I thought it was Newcastle's at a distance. He was friendly enough, but allowed he had only met one person in his eight ye

The_4th_Degree
03-10-2014, 03:10 PM
[quote="TundraWolf"]In the competition of bragging rights between the two clubs I must point out, from a distance, the Wolves stand out as a very bright and shining star:

1) I live on an island of 3,500 to 4,000 permanent residents (and have for 11 years), I know 4 other die-hard Wolves fans on the island, two who have flown the eight time zones back to England simply to attend an important match over a week-end. There are no Baggies supporters here, that have made themselves known!

2. I wear a Wolves jumper most of the year, black with the iconic wolf crest over the heart. Many times in the city of Vancouver, quickly approaching 3,000,000 population, I have (always) received positive comments for my allegiance (400,000 first or second generation Brits live here) and never received a negative comment.

3. I have only seen one fellow wearing a Baggie top, it is so rare to see it that I thought it was Newcastle's at a distance. He was friendly enough, but al

1877wolf
03-10-2014, 03:40 PM
[quote="The_4th_Degree"]In the competition of bragging rights between the two clubs I must point out, from a distance, the Wolves stand out as a very bright and shining star:

3. I have only seen one fellow wearing a Baggie top, it is so rare to see it that I thought it was Newca

The_4th_Degree
03-10-2014, 04:35 PM
[quote="1877wolf"]In the competition of bragging rights between the two clubs I must point out, from a distance, the Wolves stand out as a very bright and shining star:

3. I have only seen one fellow wearing a Baggie top, it is

Woking88
03-10-2014, 07:47 PM
Since I have only had two brief spells of living anywhere near Wolverhampton in my 71 years, I don't see Albion as being any different to any of numerous other teams. They have not achieved as much as Wolves in their history, but have still made a significant contribution to the history of English football.

One thing that Wolves and Albion have in their history that the likes of Man Utd, Man City, Liverpool, Chelsea and Arsenal do not have is being founder members of the Football League and Arsenal only got into the top flight after the First World War by a rather dubious electoral process!