PDA

View Full Version : Ayup Braggy

PeteWaller
11-10-2014, 05:16 PM
Now then mate, how ya doin?

Just got mi Wendy tickets ordered. Seems a few of my fellow Millers are arguing the toss about £30 a shot. Supply and Demand springs to mind and why wouldn't this be a Cat A match?

Like to think we might bring 5000 but I'm beginning to doubt it given the moaning by some. Initial allocation about 3k I think.

Anyway, good start by you and we are settling into it a bit better now. Looking forward to this one Braggy, the real deal, not some early cup comp.

Wind up comes later - Ok with u mate?

hirstyboywonder
11-10-2014, 06:21 PM

Just got mi Wendy tickets ordered. Seems a few of my fellow Millers are arguing the toss about £30 a shot. Supply and Demand springs to mind and why wouldn't this be a Cat A match?

Like to think we might bring 5000 but I'm beginning to doubt it given the moaning by some. Initial allocation about 3k I think.

Anyway, good start by you and we are settling into it a bit better now. Looking forward to this one Braggy, the real deal, not some early cup comp.

I reckon £30 is about the norm for an away ticket in the Championship. There's a fair few charge a good deal more - dirtyleeds, Ipswich, Norwich...

SallyKate
12-10-2014, 09:31 AM
The price of tickets generally in football is an issue Pete. Sadly I don't think anything will be done about it save for the occasional 'offer'. Too many genuine fans are being priced out because of the expense. There's no concern it seems for people who are suffering with the cost of living. But then again when have football clubs ever cared; and I include the vast majority. If only we could follow the German example. Power to the fans I say.

I had to get my ticket for Leeds late and with add on it came to £41. I'd have been better off staying in the bars in Leeds city centre - but it wouldn't have been the same.

I hope you enjoy your day - but we win obviously - and that it's a good game and all behave. We're doing well - you're doing well - long may it continue.

UTO xxxx

PS: Braggy is on nights again; poor lad he's a good un and deserves a rest.

braggyowl
12-10-2014, 10:09 AM

Hey up Pete, nice to hear from you again mate. :)
There's different prices for just about every game this season Pete, it's crackers!
The moaning coming from some of your fans is understandable but I remember a couple of seasons ago when we played you at NYS in the League Cup and when everyone else were charging 10 quid for adults and a fiver for kids, Rotherham charged us the full league price...I remember p

braggyowl
12-10-2014, 10:49 AM
XD XD XD Gotta laugh at some of the replies on the (yet another>;) ) thread on your board Pete about the Wednesday tickets...XD XD

There really are some proper bell ends that post on there int ther! XD XD XD

Rotherhamowl10
12-10-2014, 07:53 PM
If a lot of millers fans are complaining about the price, then I think you lot will have a few more shocks to come in this league.

I believe this is the first season we've charged this amount for away supporters? (depending on the category of the game) and I truly believe a lot of it is down to what other clubs have charged us.

Until someone grows a pair of testicles at the FA, then clubs are going to treat away fans like cash cows - milking as much money from them as possible, knowing that the quality of the product doesn't really matter because it's not their supporters.

If you don't like the price, then don't pay it - like many of us did with Leeds away. But sadly, I don't think it works unless it's done on mass.

The twenty's plenty campaign is a brilliant idea and some top flight clubs have got behind it. It's an initiative which could get clubs to think again in terms of we look after their fans and they look after ours.

PeteWaller
14-10-2014, 06:22 PM
XD XD XD Gotta laugh at some of the replies on the (yet another>;) ) thread on your board Pete about the Wednesday tickets...XD XD

Sad to say about your own but yes there are. Downside of that is that some good posters have inevitably disappeared.

Football or should I say, running a football club is hellish expensive so I don't blame clubs for trying to charge the most they can. Supporters can always vote with their feet. Having said that, it's hard if you are a real fan of a club not to want to follow home and away. Trip to Norwich for me wasn't the cost of the ticket at £30, it was the staying over which of course means a meal out etc. That does get expensive. We are off to Brighton soon but luckily we can do that by train in a day. Not cheap though mate is it?

We grumble about away allocations for tickets but take our Leeds game this Friday on

gramiller1959
14-10-2014, 06:31 PM

Hey up Pete, nice to hear from you again mate. :)
There's different prices for just about every game this season Pete, it's crackers!
The moaning coming from some of your fans is understandable but I remember a couple of seasons ago when we played you at NYS in the League Cup and when everyone else were charging 10 quid for adults and a fiver for kids, Rotherham

braggyowl
15-10-2014, 05:07 AM

Sad to say about your own but yes there are. Downside of that is that some good posters have inevitably disappeared.

Football or should I say, running a football club is hellish expensive so I don't blame clubs for trying to charge the most they can. Supporters can always vote with their feet. Having said that, it's hard if you are a real fan of a club not to want to follow home and away. Trip to Norwich for me wasn't the cost of the ticket at £30, it was the staying over which of course means a meal out etc. That does get expensive. We are off to Brighton soon but luckily we can do that by train in a day. Not cheap though mate is it?

We grumble about away allocations for

PeteWaller
15-10-2014, 12:17 PM

Football or should I say, running a football club is hellish expensive so I don't blame clubs for trying to charge the most they can. Supporters can always vote with their feet. Having said that, it's hard if you are a real fan of a club not to want to follow home and away. Trip to Norwich for me wasn't the cost of the ticket at £30, it was the staying over which of course means a meal out etc. That does get expensive. We are off to Brighton soon but luckily we can do that by train in a day. Not cheap though mat

PeteWaller
03-11-2014, 11:21 AM
Boro handed us a good footballing lesson on Saturday mate. We were outplayed on the pitch and out sung on the terraces. Not our best day.

So we come to your place with about 4500 fans and you must be red hot favourites to take the points. ;D ;D That was a good point at Charlton.

Just wanted to give you the heads up - Watch out for some of our tough hard nosed supporters. The ones that have been calling you out - They can talk the talk and run like the speed of light! XD XD XD

braggyowl
03-11-2014, 11:38 AM
Yeah Boro' are a class outfit at the minute Pete and have made some very good signings...Bamford from Chelsea being just one of them.
We could have took all three points had it not been for Maguire and Nuhiu missing clear cut chances but that's been the story of our season up to now..That's footy for yer I suppose.
I'd better get my full metal jacket out by the sound of it Pete for Saturday then mate...Am shecking in mi boits knowing the fact that the selection box five are out! XD XD XD XD XD

Have a good un Pete and all the best. :)

PeteWaller
03-11-2014, 09:34 PM
Same to u mate. Just been told we have sold the away end out so it should be a great atmosphere

braggyowl
04-11-2014, 01:05 AM
Nice one Pete mate.

Let's hope for a good game and whatever the result, Good luck for the rest of the season and beyond. :)

Rotherhamowl10
04-11-2014, 01:26 PM
Same to u mate. Just been told we have sold the away end out so it should be a great atmosphere

Looks like you have a restricted allocation? Find it stupid that SYP do this from time to time. I remember them doing it for us at the lane, leaving a few rows spare in the top tier - what does it even achieve?

Should be a good game and a great atmosphere. Got a few pretend miller fans (ex Man U and Arsenal supporters XD) coming with me to Hillsborough corner for a beer before the game.

Just a word on Evans, I managed to get a copy of the Advertiser last week and his tribute to Klas Ingesson was superb. I have to say, seen him write a few positive things about SWFC in his column and he comes across as a very down to earth bloke who shows a lot of respect for the local clubs...still can't see it stopping a few songs about his weight though ;)

PeteWaller
04-11-2014, 04:08 PM

Looks like you have a restricted allocation? Find it stupid that SYP do this from time to time. I remember them doing it for us at the lane, leaving a few rows spare in the top tier - what does it even achieve?

Should be a good game and a great atmosphere. Got a few pretend miller fans (ex Man U and Arsenal supporters XD) coming with me to Hillsborough corner for a beer before the game.

Just a word on Evans, I managed to get a copy of the Advertiser last week and his tribute to Klas Ingesson was superb. I have to say, seen him write a few positive things about SWFC in his column and he comes across as a very down to earth bloke who shows a lot of respect for the local clubs...still can't see it stopping a few songs about his weight though ;)[/quote]

Sure we could have done another

vespabri
05-11-2014, 10:08 AM
Oh FFS Pete..:blue: :blue:

For the last time, its £70 for me and my 2 sons..SEVENTY!!!

Rotherhamowl..that twenteys plenty looks a cracking idea.

According to Pete Waller i should leave the kids at home and go on my own, now what type of Dad would that make me eh..:blue: :blue:

And like i said on my thread on our board..i refused to go to Peterbro last season for the same reason so its not just saturdays game.

Pete..sit down and think for a minute pal..FAMILY or FOOTBALL??

It should be a no-brainer..:blue:

Rotherhamowl10
05-11-2014, 01:05 PM
A mate who paid on the door last night (£27) is also coming on Saturday (£29)...that's £56 for two matches - yet owlsmad2 has gone silly with people creaming themselves over last nights attendance.

I don't agree with the prices down at Hillsborough at the minute, but sadly, it's on par with a lot of Championship clubs.

£30 is the max for me. I've boycotted Leeds away and I'll boycott Norwich. Sadly, it wont make any difference at all until the FA does something about it...won't be holding my breathe though!

PeteWaller
05-11-2014, 07:36 PM
Oh FFS Pete..:blue: :blue:

For the last time, its £70 for me and my 2 sons..SEVENTY!!!

Rotherhamowl..that twenteys plenty looks a cracking idea.

According to Pete Waller i should leave the kids at home and go on my own, now what type of Dad would that make me eh..:blue: :blue:

And like i said on my thread on our board..i refused to go to Peterbro last season for the same reason so its not just saturdays game.

Pete..sit down and think for a minute pal..FAMILY or FOOTBALL??

It should be a no-brainer..:blue:

Bri, I have answered that point on your thread and I gave you my other thoughts. Only you will loose out by standing firm. Football has never been cheap for families especially but it was no different when I had small kids 50 years ago. I still say choose your games but NEVER, NEVER abdicate when the Millers play our biggest rivals. Never. Choose a less important match to make your point which will change nowt. Luckily

vespabri
06-11-2014, 04:01 AM
I pay now pal..sarcasm is the lowest form of whit.

For the admission prices in league 2 you could watch a top bundesliga game in Dortmund or Munich.
Which country rips the people off then???

Like ive said all along pal, my kids come before football ... EVERYTIME.

Heres to a Millers win...and i"ll regret it yes...for about anhour...then it"ll pass.

braggyowl
06-11-2014, 01:52 PM
You'll not regret it Bri...You'll be glad you weren't there to see Rotherham lose. XD

PeteWaller
07-11-2014, 10:40 AM
You'll not regret it Bri...You'll be glad you weren't there to see Rotherham lose. XD

Cum on Braggy - as if that can ever happen ;D

Seriously, I gather you have been having family troubles so it puts things in perspective mate doesn't it. Hope the game is a good un mate and here's hoping things get better for you and yours very soon.

All the best

braggyowl
07-11-2014, 11:09 AM
Thanks Pete, you're a good un. All the best pal.

PeteWaller
08-11-2014, 07:35 PM
Ayup Braggy ... I guess on recent form you could have put money on a 0-0 score line. Thought a draw was fair really, maybe we edged it maybe we didn't. Enjoyed the match and the atmosphere. I thing unless both teams get a couple in we shall be worrying about the result on 21st March more :s :s :s

Hope all goes well with your lot Braggy, good luck mate

vespabri
08-11-2014, 11:53 PM
Didn"t regret it Pete..;D ;D

Happy with a draw, hopefully 6 points against Brum & Blackpool.

braggyowl
09-11-2014, 06:07 AM
Ayup Braggy ... I guess on recent form you could have put money on a 0-0 score line. Thought a draw was fair really, maybe we edged it maybe we didn't. Enjoyed the match and the atmosphere. I thing unless both teams get a couple in we shall be worrying about the result on 21st March more :s :s :s

Hope all goes well with your lot Braggy, good luck mate

Yeah Pete I reckon a draw was about right although you were hanging on a bit at the end and Nuhiu really should have put that one away.
Don't know what you think mate but I still think it was a pen..But it's done with now so we have to move on.
Your bloke missed a free header as well and it was a case of who ever knocked a goal in was gonna go on to win the game 1-0.
Wasn't to be though for both sides.

Best wishes Pete and keep posting on here pal..It's always a pleasure to hear what you've got to say. :)