PDA

View Full Version : Hayne to try grid iron

yubbywelch
15-10-2014, 09:54 AM
Jarryd Hayne, Nrl player has just quit the NRL and is going to try his hand at NFL.

I'm a big Parramatta Eels fan, and I've been telling everyone for years this bloke is so over rated. Evend my footy tipping comps hayneisoverated and haynestilloverated.

Then he actually goes and has a very good season, so I had to eat some humble pie. But now he goes... arghhhhh

OZHAMMER
16-10-2014, 11:09 AM
i'm an eels fan from when i was a pup. the likes of sterlo, bert, crow, zip zip man, guru, and ray price are the stuff legends are made of, and we'll never see another team with a backline like it again.

they were (and still are) my heroes.

hayne over-rated? or just under-performs more often than not?

he's one of the most talented players that god put breath into, yet he has probably had more dud seasons as an individual, than successful ones.

the latter half of the 2009 season was a hayne showcase, with the eels falling short of premiership glory to a storm team that was later proven to have knowingly and deceitfully blown the salary cap to pieces.

from all reports, he'll be trialling for a line back (or is it running back?) position with seattle seahawks, last seasons champions. one thing he does well is position himself well, take a good ball, and evade the defence, making good metres...

he's a fantastic league player when he is switched on... but american football is a diffe

yubbywelch
16-10-2014, 08:33 PM
Spot on Hammer with everything.

I loved Brett Kenny.
The battle the bulldogs and eels had during the 80's where unbelievable.

I don't know if I want him to succeed or get smashed(I'm a Queenslander through and through)but interesting it will be.