PDA

View Full Version : Next up - Dundee

jwok
16-10-2014, 10:12 AM
We need a win this weekend. No excuses.

BBC ALBA will have extended highlights of the Premiership match between Motherwell and Dundee at Fir Park from 10.00pm. - view external link (www.motherwell-mad.co.uk/news/tmnw/next_up_____dundee_843566/index.shtml)

wellin
16-10-2014, 11:09 AM
You just know Clarkson's going to score. It will put the tin lid on our season thus far.

meister1991
16-10-2014, 09:17 PM
I struggle with why we didn't sign him but I was always a fan of his run rate and liked hime because he played for the jersey.

Importantly for the Dundee game is to stop leaking goals, when you lack confidence you need to get every man behind the ball and work your socks off at stopping them play.

Wellup4it
17-10-2014, 07:57 AM
Simply don't know what to expect tomorrow. A lot will depend on who is fit and our manager's team selection. As we know full well this season we can't assume that the squad is all fully fit after an international break.

Once again midfield will be critical. I'd like to see Ainsworth and Ojamaa start to give us some pace. Hopefully Reid will slot into RB position.

wellowell
17-10-2014, 12:46 PM
I would go with Reid McManus obrien and hammell at back,Ainsworth lasley carswell and vigurs in midfield and Sutton and ojaama up front as this was majority of team from last year with only obrien replacing hutchy and ojaama replacing anier so it's time to go back to the tried and tested for me

wellwin
17-10-2014, 07:03 PM
Agreed with the exception of Vigurs. McCall talks about hard work that excludes Vigurs as well as Law. Both Thistle and Hamilton games posted them missing for most of the 90 minutes. Would rather see Erwin who works his socks off.

Wellup4it
17-10-2014, 08:53 PM
The BBC reports that we have some key unnnamed players doubtful due to illness and injury. Whats new - it can only be the international break!

steviex
17-10-2014, 11:06 PM
Agreed with the exception of Vigurs. McCall talks about hard work that excludes Vigurs as well as Law. Both Thistle and Hamilton games posted them missing for most of the 90 minutes. Would rather see Erwin who works his socks off.

Vigurs is utter p1sh a waste of a wage he'd never wear a Motherwell jersey ever again if I had my way but we are saddled with the waster and cant get rid so hes always likely to feature. Another sh1te display in prospect .. 2-1 Dundee Clarkson a scorer for Dundee and thankfully Ill give it a miss. Thistle game finished me for the time being.

wellin
18-10-2014, 08:48 AM
You've lasted not to bad then...The stjarnan debacle finished me.

steviex
18-10-2014, 10:29 AM
You've lasted not to bad then...The stjarnan debacle finished me.

I said before the Thistle game id give it one more go and left after 70 mins and in truth I could have left after 15 mins we showed absolutely nothing to suggest we'd get anything other than a doin even that early on. I really hate watching a Motherwell team if we are carrying lazy *******s and that Vigurs just taints the entire team for me. Im not forking out £40 to sit and watch an utter imposter like him .. and then the Motherwell fans gave him a standing ovation then chanted there's only one Iain Vigurs... the one and only Iain Vigurs is the kinda midfield maestro thats gonna put us in the first division.

sieb1886
18-10-2014, 12:21 PM
A 6 pointer this early in - never saw that at the season's start :blue:

steviex
18-10-2014, 02:22 PM
A 6 pointer this early in - never saw that at the season's start :blue:

I did I put £20 on them to get relegated at odds of 80-1. Its will be a bet Ill be delighted to lose but our goals against tally last year was so utterly shocking that even a slight dry up in goals scored would see us in bother and thats the ways its sadly looking.

Sup3rw3ll
18-10-2014, 02:26 PM
first time ive sat out in a long time, and glad i did so far. I take no great enjoyment it saying that.

It was a disgrace that Clarky was not resigned. Many folk on here said he wasn't up to much, but he is already showing that he's the real deal in the SPFL level of football.

But, not to worry. As the boss said yesterday. We've got Bob McHugh and Lee Erwin as full time signing to back up Sutton (I don't consider Ojamma a goal scorer, he's more an excellent play maker.)

Handsome_Devil
18-10-2014, 02:27 PM
I think 'virtually everyone' would be a fairer description of those on here against Clarky re-signing for us - many seemed annoyed we'd even bothered to give him training time!

steviex
18-10-2014, 02:31 PM
I think 'virtually everyone' would be a fairer description of those on here against Clarky re-signing for us - many seemed annoyed we'd even bothered to give him training time!

Our problems are more urgent in positions that Clarkson wouldn't fill. The problem is we didn't fill those positions either.

Handsome_Devil
18-10-2014, 02:35 PM

Our problems are more urgent in positions that Clarkson wouldn't fill. The problem is we didn't fill those positions either.[/quote]

I would have passed on him too. Sadly I suspect he'd do a better job in many of the positions we didn't fill properly than who we have ambling around there now :-(

steviex
18-10-2014, 02:39 PM

Our problems are more urgent in positions that Clarkson wouldn't fill. The problem is we didn't fill those positions either.[/quote]

Im sure Vigurs is bursting a gut as we speak...

I would have passed on him too. Sadly I suspect he'd do a better job in many of the positions we didn't fill properly than who we have ambling around there now :-([/quote]