PDA

View Full Version : Blackpool...

chalky-ncfc
18-10-2014, 11:44 AM
Im stopping there for a couple of nights a week on Monday and i wondered if any of you had been there lately can recommend a decend B+B,ive looked on Book.com but i thought that i would try on here first...

I dont think that you would have lowered yourself to visit Blackpool Sam so i wont expect a reply from you...;)

jiltedjohn
18-10-2014, 11:49 AM
Blackpool is a s**thole, I was there a few years ago, can't remember the of the hotel I stayed in but it was a s**thole too.
Go to Liverpool, JJ recommends it. :)

chalky-ncfc
18-10-2014, 11:53 AM
I agree that Blackpool is a little run down and not to everyones taste but i enjoy visiting there and want to see the illuminations and a couple of pints...

I agree that Liverpool is a great City to visit and i may well go there before heading back home...

alfinyalcabo
18-10-2014, 12:02 PM
I agree that Blackpool is a little run down and not to everyones taste but i enjoy visiting there and want to see the illuminations and a couple of pints...

I agree that Liverpool is a great City to visit and i may well go there before heading back home...

See my post on CM Chalky

jiltedjohn
18-10-2014, 12:03 PM
The illuminations are s**t. Ask at your B&B if they do free tram cards, we went to Fleetwood on the tram, s**thole tbh, stopped off in Clevelys and got p**sed, and the card also allowed free bus travel to St Annes, got p**sed there too. Handy things free tram/bus cards. :)

chalky-ncfc
18-10-2014, 12:05 PM
Free tram travel would save a fortune,why are the cards given away free?...

jiltedjohn
18-10-2014, 12:08 PM
It was maybe just some sort of promotion, worth asking for though.

alfinyalcabo
18-10-2014, 12:09 PM
Free tram travel would save a fortune,why are the cards given away free?...

They are NOT free Chalky.. You can buy a bus/tram pass in the local shops that will save you a bit of money.. I could travel on them trams free with my Lancashire bus pass but the conts have stopped it and made it for locals only..>:(

jiltedjohn
18-10-2014, 12:22 PM
Just had a google, the free tram pass was part of the package I went on and wasn't anything to do with the hotel, although it was they who supplied it, sorry Chalks. - view external link (bookings.blackpoolpromotions.co)

jiltedjohn
18-10-2014, 05:59 PM
Watching Strictly, reminds me of my trip to Blackpool.

chalky-ncfc
18-10-2014, 06:54 PM
Just had a google, the free tram pass was part of the package I went on and wasn't anything to do with the hotel, although it was they who supplied it, sorry Chalks.

It was good of you to point it out anyway...

lescand
19-10-2014, 05:14 PM
Blackpool is a s**thole, I was there a few years ago, can't remember the of the hotel I stayed in but it was a s**thole too.

Unbelievably Jilted John is correct in one of his statements.
Blackpool is very run down and grimy, It has a large Scottish population and drink and drug issues, related? you do the math.

Regarding the illuminations, don't let people tell you what to do, if you want to go and see them you do it, hundreds and thousands of folk go there every year and enjoy them, why should you be any different?
You enjoy it mate, you may be able to show others there is life beyond internet forums B)

alfinyalcabo
19-10-2014, 05:33 PM

Blackpool is very run down and grimy, It has a large Scottish population and drink and drug issues, related? you do the math.

Regarding the illuminations, don't let people tell you what to do, if you want to go and see them you do it, hundreds and thousands of folk go there every year and enjoy them, why should you be any different?
You enjoy it mate, you may be able to show others there is life beyond internet forums B)[/quote]

"You do the math"... Phook off Les with your Americanisms :)

jiltedjohn
19-10-2014, 08:22 PM

You enjoy it mate, you may be able to show others there is life beyond internet forums B)[/quote]

Unbelievable the paranoid one admits some truth. The illuminations are s***, it's like the old Dundee High Street on Christmas day 20 years ago stretched out for miles.

When I went a few years ago the pubs were dead, the best thing

trickydick
19-10-2014, 08:29 PM

"You do the math"... Phook off Les with your Americanisms :)[/quote] Actually Alf "Math" is the correct pronunciation. Math... matics . :)

alfinyalcabo
19-10-2014, 08:38 PM

"You do the math"... Phook off Les with your Americanisms :)[/quote] Actually Alf "Math" is the correct pronunciation. Math... matics

gaz1959
19-10-2014, 08:46 PM
Had a great weekend in Blackpool with some great lads

Stayed at the Norbeck Castle Hotel which was a short tram ride from the centre

Not 5 star but good enough with a pool and gym

The illuminations are something to treasure

http://i60.tinypic.com/ei7bxk.jpg
Enjoy

trickydick
19-10-2014, 08:48 PM

"You do the math"... Phook off Les with your Americanisms :)[/quote] Actually Alf "M

chalky-ncfc
19-10-2014, 09:45 PM
Had a great weekend in Blackpool with some great lads

Stayed at the Norbeck Castle Hotel which was a short tram ride from the centre

Not 5 star but good enough with a pool and gym

The illuminations are something to treasure

http://i60.tinypic.com/ei7bxk.jpg
Enjoy

I was there a couple of weeks ago but missed out on the illuminations,i thought that they would come on as soon as it got dark but are not switched on until 8.30 thats why im going back...

lescand
21-10-2014, 05:10 PM
I hope you've not gone tonight Chalky mate, they may even be postponed due to gale force winds. >:(

lescand
21-10-2014, 05:13 PM

Unbelievable the paranoid one admits some truth. The illuminations are s***, it's like the old Dundee High Street on Christmas day 20 years ago stretched out for miles.

Have you any i

SlideySam
21-10-2014, 05:35 PM
Hey Chalky, do they still do variety shows on the piers?

My dad says he saw Russ Abbott on one of the piers when he was a kid. Or was it Bobby Davro ...

donnytyke
21-10-2014, 06:15 PM

My dad says he saw Russ Abbott on one of the piers when he was a kid. Or was it Bobby Davro ...

I believe both appeared on the pier sam. I remember seeing cannon and ball at blackpool pier

chalky-ncfc
21-10-2014, 10:37 PM
I hope you've not gone tonight Chalky mate, they may even be postponed due to gale force winds. >:(

Im going next Monday les,the hotel is booked so theres no second thoughts about it so hopefully the wind would have died down a bit...

SlideySam
21-10-2014, 10:40 PM

Im going next Monday les,the hotel is booked so theres no second thoughts about it so hopefully the wind would have died down a bit...[/quote]

Are you going to take in a show on the pier while you're there, Chalks?

chalky-ncfc
21-10-2014, 10:40 PM

I believe both appeared on the pier sam. I remember seeing cannon and ball at blackpool pier[/quote]

You cant beat a crap act at the end of the peir on your holidays...

I saw the tall one from Cannon and Ball at some seaside resort once and he nearly got into a fight with some Rochdale fans who proper took a dislike him...

chalky-ncfc
21-10-2014, 10:44 PM

Im going next Monday les,the hotel is booked so theres no second thoughts about it so hopefully the wind would have died down a bit...[/quote]

Are you going to take in a show on the pier while you're there, Chalks?[/quote]

I doubt it Sam,im only there for the one night and after looking at the lights and having a few pints i dont think that i will get the time,ive got some tickets for the Sealife attraction there and then going to Blackpool Zoo the next day weather permitting...

Sounds crap i know but i will love it...:D

SlideySam
21-10-2014, 10:46 PM

I doubt it Sam,im only there for the one night and after looking at the lights and having a few pints i dont think that i will get the time,ive got some tickets for the Sealife attraction there and then going to Blackpool Zoo the next day weather permitting...

Sounds crap i know but i will love it...:D[/quote]

Sounds great, Chalky.

Blackpool is tacky as hell, but it's still fascinating to check these places out.

Enjoy yourself.

Have a beer on me!

chalky-ncfc
21-10-2014, 10:54 PM

Sounds great, Chalky.

Blackpool is tacky as hell, but it's still fascinating to check these places out.

Enjoy you

SlideySam
22-10-2014, 04:13 PM

Sounds great, Chalky.

Blackpool is tacky as hell, but it's still

lescand
24-10-2014, 05:47 AM

Great, you enjoy Chalky.
Illuminations are enjoyed by millions every year, so they can't be that bad can they?
Just watch out for your self in the pubs though mat

jiltedjohn
24-10-2014, 11:28 AM
The pubs are quiet during the week, you should go at the weekend when the hen and stag dos are there. A couple of mates were staying in some hotel where there were a couple hen parties, they had a very good time.

chalky-ncfc
24-10-2014, 07:27 PM
I prefer without the stag and hen parties if im honest jj...

Acido
24-10-2014, 10:06 PM
I adore certain seaside holiday towns like Blacky (& Brighton for example). And yes while I will not disagree with the comments about Blacky being tacky and sh*tty etc., thats still one of the biggest things about the place.

To be honest this does go back to my childhood.

chalky-ncfc
24-10-2014, 10:53 PM
I adore certain seaside holiday towns like Blacky (& Brighton for example). And yes while I will not disagree with the comments about Blacky being tacky and sh*tty etc., thats still one of the biggest things about the place.

To be honest this does go back to my childhood.

Exactly Acido...:)