View Full Version : Another derby challenge - Mo again!

Fargone
25-10-2014, 03:27 AM
Another weekend another North Angus local derby - any fatigue around these much-vaunted clashes?

Mo, Betta, Best or only one man went to Mo. Last 3 games have been close so the pressure is on again to get a result. Yet Mo have a much better historic record in head-to-head games played at Links Park

25 miles per winds forecast for 4pm in Montrose - getting close to unplayable - view external link (www.arbroath-mad.co.uk/news/tmnw/another_derby_challenge__mo_again_844364/index.shtml)

Nonsmokingsmokie
25-10-2014, 09:13 AM
Just hope we can keep this run going - a draw might not be a bad result this time round.

As for playing the same team 6x in the same season - completely excessive (the equivalent of 17% of an entire league season) and takes some interest out of the fixture

it certainly makes a strong case for league restructuring our strangely tiny divisions which enable this.

If that long overdue option is not on the table, I don't see why they can't set up draws for the 3 cups, or at least the early rounds, so that teams in the same league do not face each other. There is already ` manipulation' of the draw - regional, effective seeding, so I really don't why this additional criterion cannot be introduced

Anyway, while there's still 10 teams in our league, let's try and make hay before restructuring and get close to winning something

timlichtie
25-10-2014, 09:20 AM
Forecast a bit more moderate. Bright and breezy.

Mo have new loan defender Harwood in from Dundee United. Hopefully our Dundee boy Dylan will win that derby within a derby.

ectolichtie
25-10-2014, 11:02 AM
Just hope we can keep this run going - a draw might not be a bad result this time round.

As for playing the same team 6x in the same season - completely excessive (the equivalent of 17% of an entire league season) and takes some interest out of the fixture

it certainly makes a strong case for league restructuring our strangely tiny divisions which enable this.

If that long overdue option is not on the table, I don't see why they can't set up draws for the 3 cups, or at least the early rounds, so that teams in the same league do not face each other. There is already ` manipulation' of the draw - regional, effective seeding, so I really don't why this additional criterion cannot be introduced

Anyway, while there's still 10 teams in our league, let's try and make hay before restructuring and get close to winning something Wont make game as had foot surgery this week, don't want it trodden on by the hordes of returning