View Full Version : Eastleigh FC

Dirtyweasel
26-10-2014, 01:47 PM
I hope they get a good tie in the FA Cup first round proper. They've done well to get there, and I hope they get one of the bigger clubs, not a minnow like po**ey - although it would be beyond funny if Gosport or Eastleigh knocked them out.

Brockley_Jack
26-10-2014, 02:41 PM
It would be awesome if Beastly got to host the charity thieves at the Silverlake. The old bill would be bricking it!!

And its Grotspot by the way. Get it right! ;)

proclaimer
26-10-2014, 07:02 PM
Good luck to Eastleigh, hope they get a decent home tie.

A chav derby between Skates and Grotspot would be FAF

Grannie64
27-10-2014, 06:51 AM
Good luck to Eastleigh, hope they get a decent home tie.

A chav derby between Skates and Grotspot would be FAF

Old Bill won't like that one either, let's hope both teams get decent league opposition.

Admiral_Hipper
27-10-2014, 01:46 PM
I'd love an Eastleigh tie as it would generate quite a few amusing threads here. Frankly, I wouldn't really give a toss if we lost in your back yard because having put debt and shysters behind us,we are bound to struggle , not having any foreign sugar daddies. The main thing is that PFC has survived. It might take a while but we'll be back and give you a run for your (foreign) money.

I'm genuinely pleased for your current run of success as it's nice to see your fans getting a taste of the high spots that Pompey fans have often taken for granted.

Don't forget nothing lasts for ever otherwise Man U would still be runaway favourites at the top of the PL.

Dirtyweasel
27-10-2014, 01:59 PM
Did PFC survive?

I thought it was now po**ey Community Football Club?

Ownership of the new entity split between a few second hand car salesman, and a small time property developer, with a tiny percentage of the club owned by the fans, of sorts - although what the fans actually bought into is not the dream they were sold.

I agree the same people are clinging on to the original PFC and it's purchased glory, whilst trying their hardest to distance themselves from the charity theft and dipping into the Poppy Appeal pot shame we all know them for.

That's how people see po**ey.

Grannie64
27-10-2014, 02:27 PM
I'd love an Eastleigh tie as it would generate quite a few amusing threads here. Frankly, I wouldn't really give a toss if we lost in your back yard because having put debt and shysters behind us,we are bound to struggle , not having any foreign sugar daddies. The main thing is that PFC has survived. It might take a while but we'll be back and give you a run for your (foreign) money.

I'm genuinely pleased for your current run of success as it's nice to see your fans getting a taste of the high spots that Pompey fans have often taken for granted.

Don't forget nothing lasts for ever otherwise Man U would still be runaway favourites at the top of the PL.

Biggest load of Skate twaddle, even gives Simon a run for his money. Minor spikes of success in an otherwise minor league hstory.

PapaLazarou
27-10-2014, 02:52 PM
It might take a while but we'll be back and give you a run for your (foreign) money.

And that's the crux of the matter.

With no external investment, pCFC will keep on bumbling around the basement in that dilapidated carbuncle of a stadium, the fanbase will become increasingly disillusioned (and diminished) and, eventually, it will simply wither and die.

Of course, the 'unrealistic expectations' of the fanbase and champagne quaffing board will almost certainly mean that external investment will be greedily snaffled up at the first time of asking. Let's face it, the soul selling began almost as soon as the tyre kickers and property developers used your donations to get their feet under the table.

But with stadium expansion / re-development now running at something between £7k & £9k per seat (Rupes' figures, not mine), and considering your starting position with no assets of any real value (a couple of rented training pitches and the crumbling rath

Brockley_Jack
27-10-2014, 05:36 PM
It might take a while but we'll be back and give you a run for your (foreign) money.

XD XD XD

Southerndown
27-10-2014, 06:26 PM
[quote="PapaLazarou"]And that's the crux of the matter.

With no external investment, pCFC will keep on bumbling around the basement in that dilapidated carbuncle of a stadium, the fanbase will become increasingly disillusioned (and diminished) and, eventually, it will simply wither and die.

Of course, the 'unrealistic expectations' of the fanbase and champagne quaffing board will almost certainly mean that external investment will be greedily snaffled up at the first time of asking. Let's face it, the soul selling began almost as soon as the tyre kickers and property developers used your donations to get their feet under the table.

But with stadium expansion / re-development now running at something between £7k & £9k per seat (Rupes' figures, not mine), and considering your starting position with no assets of any real value (a couple of rented training pitches and the crumbling rathole don't count), then there are probably 50 or more FL clubs that are ahe

PapaLazarou
27-10-2014, 07:27 PM
Interesting that I'm oft quoted by our Welsh visitor, but rarely challenged.

Wonder why that is ?

Dirtyweasel
27-10-2014, 07:45 PM
Good to see Eastleigh get a home draw B)

Shame Aldershot didn't get a big club, but seeing as they're a local non-league club I guess it's good to know they'll progress relatively easily through to round 2.

I bet a few Saints will be there to help cheer them on :P

ShottermillSaint
27-10-2014, 07:52 PM
Was hoping Woking would get our friends down the road but got lumbered with an away trip to either Wrexham or Macclesfield.

As for Portsmouth v Alder**** hopefully both will lose

Pentridge
27-10-2014, 08:11 PM
Interesting that I'm oft quoted by our Welsh visitor, but rarely challenged.

Wonder why that is ?

I think he :heart: s you.

OhWell
27-10-2014, 08:13 PM

Shame Aldershot didn't get a big club, but seeing as they're a local non-league club I guess it's good to know they'll progress relatively easily through to round 2.

I'd expect Saints fans to be at St Msry's for our game with Leicester that day. I know I will be. There may have to be a bit of staggering of dates and times though, with Eastleigh, Gosport, Pompey & Havant & Waterlooville all being drawn at home,

Dirtyweasel
27-10-2014, 08:18 PM

I'd expect Saints fans to be at St Msry's for our game with Leicester that day. I know I will be. There may have to be a bit of staggering of dates and times though, with Eastleigh, Gosport, Pompey & Havant & Waterlooville all being drawn at home,[/quote]

Ties to be played 7th, 8th, 9th and 10th.

proclaimer
27-10-2014, 09:51 PM
Was hoping Woking would get our friends down the road but got lumbered with an away trip to either Wrexham or Macclesfield.

As for Portsmouth v Alder**** hopefully both will lose

With thousands of visiting fans you'd expect nottarF to sell out.

Draw could have been better but at least many of the local teams are at home.