PDA

View Full Version : Johnstone returns

roverkenco
27-10-2014, 09:14 PM
Great news for rovers Sam Johnstone back , along with Karl Ikeme two of the best keepers we have had in recent years... the defence should be confident with sam behind them

SilverTop60
27-10-2014, 09:37 PM
Didn't hear about Carl Ikeme, but losing Jed Steer and getting Sam Johnstone is trading one good goalie for another so I don't see much difference, unless you think Sam is a better keeper than Jed. With a bit of luck we will get to keep Sam until the end of the season and not just 3rd January.

roverkenco
28-10-2014, 10:52 AM
[quote="SilverTop60"]Didn't hear about Carl Ikeme, but losing Jed Steer and getting Sam Johnstone is trading one good goalie for another so I don't see much difference, unless you think Sam is a better keeper than Jed. With a bit of luck we will get to keep Sam until the end of the season and not just 3rd January. YOU WILL SEE THIS YOUNG MAN IS A VERY TALENTED GOALKEEPER AND HOPEFULLY WILL STAY THE REST OF THE SEASON AND HE WILL STRENGTHEN OUR DEFENCE

SilverTop60
28-10-2014, 12:44 PM
I think Jed Steer has shown himself to be a good goalie and I don't blame him for the faults in the 4 defenders in front of him. If Evina is going to line up the ball in front of goal for the opposition to pop in the net I don't see that as Steer's fault. I couldn't see us keeping a clean sheet against any team with the defence we had. I would have been happy if Steer had been allowed to stay on.

But to be fair to Dickov he has pulled off a couple of master strokes right now. Andy Butler has had an immediate impact against a strong MK Dons to help keep a clean sheet, and to get Sam Johnstone back again is more than I could have imagined. We really don't want to be searching for another goalie in January if Man Utd are unkind to us.

I think we have a real chance of pulling away from the bottom right now if our forwards can forget about what's going on behind them and get on with scoring.