PDA

View Full Version : Tesco

alfinyalcabo
29-10-2014, 06:07 PM
Tesco faces criminal fraud investigation over £263m black hole in profits..

I should bloody well think so...

Somebody has a lot to answer for..

bwfcforever
29-10-2014, 06:08 PM
every little helps :-)

gaz1959
29-10-2014, 06:13 PM
should be closed down

Altobelli
29-10-2014, 08:20 PM
"should be closed down"

Right on the money there Gaz.

Corruption is rife in most large corporations with examples coming to light now and again.

Tesco's Sainsbury's Asda's have this so called price war on TV to think you are getting it cheaper, when all along they are all conning the public.

Together they have forced Dairy Farmers prices down and in some cases shut farms down because of it.

Superstores have made the High Street derelict and now Tesco's want to go back into the high street with fast food, and the powers that be will probably let them.

This fraud does not surprise me at all, and I'm sure its not come as a shock to most on here, the thing that worries me is they have been caught out, but how many things do we not know about that they are getting away with ?

Buc
29-10-2014, 08:33 PM
We started shopping at Lidl or Aldi,

It's not such huge stores as ASDA and tesco but they have basic everyday food on sale that certainly meets our needs best of all they are by far cheaper than the big guns.. We now try and do most of our shopping at Aldi and Lidl..

Highly recommended..
We note here the Xbolt aftershave is around a fiver give it a try it's really good stuff for everyday use..I seem to remember it's got very good ratings.

Altobelli
29-10-2014, 08:46 PM
I will give that XBolt a try Buc, I use an old one for work that I used over 30 years ago, Musk by Jovan, I can only seem to get it on Amazon nowadays, its an acquired taste/smell which don't suit many, I'm happy with that as it keeps my passengers away from me.

I'm trying to persuaded the wife to use Aldi or Lidl, but she says some of their products have too much extra salt in it, whether that's true or not I don't know.

alfinyalcabo
29-10-2014, 08:48 PM
Don't forget the tubs of Lidl yogurt .. Great value ..

Stan_van_nel
29-10-2014, 08:50 PM
I get my Bismark Herrings from Lidl.

Same sort of thing as Rollmops but without the gherkin and they are bigger fillets.

Proper decent Chorizo from there as well.

lazaat
30-10-2014, 06:43 AM
:s
I will give that XBolt a try Buc, I use an old one for work that I used over 30 years ago, Musk by Jovan, I can only seem to get it on Amazon nowadays, its an acquired taste/smell which don't suit many, I'm happy with that as it keeps my passengers away from me.

I'm trying to persuaded the wife to use Aldi or Lidl, but she says some of their products have too much extra salt in it, whether that's true or not I don't know.

I will stick to Brute, as Our Enry & Kevin said..."splash it all over" B)

lazaat
30-10-2014, 07:04 AM
When i was studying accountancy at university one of our tutors told us a standing joke; when the auditors/accountants are doing the year end financial accounts they ask the company what they wanted their 'year end' profits to be...before they put a value on their stock in hand XD

There are so many ways of manipulating financial accounts, the profit & loss and balance sheets of large companies, believe me Tesco will just be the tip of the iceberg! Take all published profits of these companies with a pinch of salt.

Pentridge
30-10-2014, 09:09 AM
Tesco have a close association with Pompey at the moment which wouldn't surprise some tbf.

We have started using Aldi for cereal and stock items lately. All the meat we've tried has been really food to. Morrisons is my favourite at the moment, unfortunately there aren't that many too close to me but hopefully they're going to open one up in Hedge End soon which will be ace.