PDA

View Full Version : Famous bull rings

Oldtimeram
30-10-2014, 12:57 AM
I remember seeing a massive bull ring in Madrid. I believe there is also a famous one in Malaga and There was also one in Barcelona. However, I believe the most famous bull ring is in Birmingham.

Did you know Derby is well known for its confused sporting venues

They used to place football at the racecourse

Later on, they played football at a Baseball Ground. When the Baseball Ground became the home of football, they played baseball.

They play cricket at a racecourse

The greyhound stadium used to be at the prison.

Just a bit bored but you may just find it interesting.

Altobelli
30-10-2014, 01:14 AM
Not boring at all Rammy, its very interesting for an old fart like me, I like stuff like that.

The only Bull Ring I know is the one Matron has in my nose :(

Oldtimeram
30-10-2014, 01:16 AM
I have one too ;D

Altobelli
30-10-2014, 01:24 AM
I have one too ;D

I knew she had a fancy man, you bastid ! http://i45.tinypic.com/11v5n4o.jpg

gaz1959
30-10-2014, 05:29 AM
Wrexham football was so called because their fans always ran away

http://i60.tinypic.com/52xs9j.gif

Sorry I went from ring to ass to this

gaz1959
30-10-2014, 05:42 AM
wtf am I apologizing for pahhaahha

Pentridge
30-10-2014, 09:13 AM
I've been to the one opinion Madrid OTR and it is indeed massive. We sat almost at the back in the cheap seats (more like concrete steps really) and drank some dry sherry like the locals. The Spanish really get into it and seem to enjoy the drama and spectacle of it all. I was on a stag do at the time and tbf quite a few of the lads didn't like it and we left after a few fights.

A good experience to have had though.

Pentridge
30-10-2014, 09:15 AM
Just looked it up, it has a capacity of 25,000 which surprised me as it seemed like a lot more at the time! (Could've been the sherry though)

Buc
30-10-2014, 04:22 PM
Can't do the bull ring stuff..

Wouldn't want to see the bull being stressed by being stabbed for me I'd call it cruelty.. But I do know it's a Spanish historic thing..

What would happen if we saw someone in the street stabbing a dog..

I don't see any difference..but it's only my view.

alfinyalcabo
30-10-2014, 04:31 PM
Can't do the bull ring stuff..

Wouldn't want to see the bull being stressed by being stabbed for me I'd call it cruelty.. But I do know it's a Spanish historic thing..

What would happen if we saw someone in the street stabbing a dog..

I don't see any difference..but it's only my view.

Same here Buc, can't be doing with cruelty to animals..I must admit to laughing my head off when I see the bull gore one of them Matadors..

Oldtimeram
30-10-2014, 05:01 PM
I have only ever been to an empty bull ring or once to a mock bullfight. Not seen, nor do I wish to see a real one...unless of course they put that Munch creature in there with the bull. That I would watch. I would even want to be the Matador for that one!